IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

26 minutes ago, bert tann said:

When you're hoping that the rainforest campaigners turn from green to royal blue
And your finances fail but the Al Qadi’s say they won't pull you through
Don't put on any airs when you are down and out on Filton Avenue
Because those hijabed women they can really make a mess outta you

(With apologies to Mr Bob Dylan)

Just Like Tom Stanton's Blues (havin that, Miah? )

Edited by slartibartfast

15 hours ago, weepywall said:

15000 attendance apparently....probably have to go back about 40 years the last time the gas had a crowd that size ??

The radio said police estimates were 20k & organiser estimates nearly 30k

With all the road closures (yes, I’m aware it was supposed to disrupt, to gain exposure) and police recourses - it could have just be held in Ashton Gate, with her speaking from the pitch (if they bought their own PA system!) 

If it had been at the Mem, the car park would have never been so full. Even on open air cinema day..! 

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

“Organiser estimates”? Yeah right, two school kids! ?

Organisers will always go on the heaviest possible prediction, understandably. 
In fairness, it was packed (I didn’t attend but was in the area)

College Green, the centre and most of Park Street were heaving. I could hear the cheers and roars from the crowd quite clearly on Whiteladies Road. 

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

“Organiser estimates”? Yeah right, two school kids! ?

One news reporter (Sky?) said the crowd was somewhere between 10,000 and 30,000.

Bit of wide spread there.  I reckon he knew/believe the organisers' estimates were well exaggerated.

Did they commission a SAG die-hard to help them come up with these figures? If so, they forgot to mention the 20,000 who were locked out.

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

has A manager ever joined a club and done so badly? Weren’t they top 4 when he came in and then won 1 since ? couldn’t make it up!

I looked into this before Gentle Ben won his first match for them. I couldn't find a record of worst start for manager or longest wait for first win. 

The only high profile, long running car crash of a managerial career was Paul Jewel at Derby who won his first match on joining the club but it was an FA Cup game and only won on penalties, and then he didn't record a league win until 10 months later. 

I believe Rovers owners don't give the furry crack of a rats ass anymore and getting out is their focus now.