IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, myol'man said:

At least City fans are consistent, Johnson in/Johnson out at about 50/50?

Their Garner in/Garner out poll has swung from 80/20 in to 80/20 out in only a couple of weeks

#ficklegas

50/50? I don't know a single person who thinks LJ shouldn't be sacked

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

All the ones who look at the table and think that's all that matters, and class it as some sort of great improvement.

I believe their accounts are due this month, be interesting to see if this represents a nail in their coffin or not.

They must be close to having unsecured money going in to the club, at which point Wally will either have to part with at-risk cash or walk away, either with or without a buyer lined up. Which would either mean new owners paying an absolute fortune for a third-world stadium, or administration.

Part of me won't be surprised if their accounts are delayed due to a takeover deal being worked on. But who knows. 

With attendances falling, renewal of season tickets likely to be down and their star striker not scoring, you wonder how they can trade their way to another season without financial support.

For all the grief they gave Higgs, losses were at a far more manageable level, and they actually paid fees for players back then.

Still, lovely bloke, nice watch and all that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Yes you do.

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

All the ones who look at the table and think that's all that matters, and class it as some sort of great improvement.

All the ones who look at the table and realise there are a lot worse places to be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes you do.

All the ones who look at the table and realise there are a lot worse places to be.

I would rather be in a worse position in the table and playing some good entertaining football, and then improve with experience.

We may as well just go and get Warnock as manager then, as he will be playing the same style as we are currently, and would be more successful at it. I still wouldn't want to watch it though even though we would be above 7th.

On 02/03/2020 at 09:19, myol'man said:

At least City fans are consistent, Johnson in/Johnson out at about 50/50?

Their Garner in/Garner out poll has swung from 80/20 in to 80/20 out in only a couple of weeks

#ficklegas

For the avoidance of any doubt, Rovers do not use percentages in their polls.

These are, in fact, the actual total number of fans they have (which is an all-time high for them).

They are collectively known as Horfield's Hideous Hundred.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, Rovers do not use percentages in their polls.

These are, in fact, the actual total number of fans they have (which is an all-time high for them).

They are collectively known as Horfield's Hideous Hundred.

So them celebrating their centenary wasn't in acknowledgment of their age, but their supporter recruitment scheme.

16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So embarrassing to be labelled a sag that she has to come out publicly to deny it:

TV star Maya Jama casts doubt over her support for Bristol Rovers

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tv-star-maya-jama-casts-3917032#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

Bristol Live (never let the truth or facts get in the way of a good story) states  "Jama had been part of a long list of famous Rovers fans"

Since when do three idiot Z-listers constitute " a long line of famous..." ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 24/02/2020 at 12:03, chucky said:

I had a go at this "amateur architect" and came up with this for them.  

Party Tents For Sale ~ Pt. 1

So, have the gash employed PT Barnum consulting services now?

It might explain the circus and freak shows.

16 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Eddie Large?? On the basis that he once pulled out the tickets for a charity raffle there they are claiming avid Man City fan Eddie Large.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1