IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

TWO  -  N i l   ffs... !     what went wrong?

Guess the Mackems were blinded by the bright lights of The Mem and stunned to find themselves in such salubrious surroundings.... I dare say the facilities took their breath away.  Cant think of any other conclusion to be honest...

Damn the Gas and their perfect little lives....  ;) 

It was obviously because of the amazing bestist in da world supporters. Don't forget refs gets sent there to see how they will cope with their massive home support and intimidating atmosphere. 

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

See it as a good thing. They weren’t in any serious danger of going down with the state of the bottom of the league. It does however take a bit of pressure off garner . We don’t want him getting the bullet now do we. It’s all set up for implosion next season . ☺️

Totally agree.

No real chance of them getting relegated so it’s good that Garner has practically guaranteed his job for at least 12 months with that win.

On another positive note, that defeat drops their blow job buddies out of the Play Offs. Let’s see how well they get on when they’ve played each other 3 seasons running? Bunch of nob ends.

6000 at home for them tonight ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Totally agree.

No real chance of them getting relegated so it’s good that Garner has practically guaranteed his job for at least 12 months with that win.

On another positive note, that defeat drops their blow job buddies out of the Play Offs. Let’s see how well they get on when they’ve played each other 3 seasons running? Bunch of nob ends.

6000 at home for them tonight ?

While I agree, wasn’t there no real chance of them dropping out of the League not long ago?

happy days ?

I’ve started working with a proper Mackem. He was there for the Sags Cup Final a few weeks ago and he was amongst his fellow Mackems last night.

When I mentioned the infamous “love-in” with the Sags he laughed. He also said “Looks like they bought their stands at a car boot sale and chucked them all together”.

I mentioned 76/77 - No supposed hatred of “Da Shit”

I mentioned Rovers being a big club - Again, met with laughter.

I mentioned Rovers fans being deluded and obsessed with City - He laughed

I mentioned them singing songs about “Da Shit” - He didn’t recall any, but said they were loud - Probably because they felt like they had won the cup!

He’s not impressed with Semenyo.

I didn’t go as far as pleading with him to love us more than the “Faithful and True”, and my hands stayed on the table ?

Edited by Gert Mare

13 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Fair play to the Gas, good win for them.

All yin & yang though, it'll just make the next defeat feel better.

On a plus, awful awful attendance. It's genuinely not competition.

They use excuses for their poor attendances like being unhappy with the manager or owners and then proceed to bore people to death on Social Media about how ‘loyal’ they are and how they never desert their team, no matter what.

Deluded hypocrites.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They use excuses for their poor attendances like being unhappy with the manager or owners and then proceed to bore people to death on Social Media about how ‘loyal’ they are and how they never desert their team, no matter what.

Deluded hypocrites.

They were in delusional overdrive last night singing “Your support is f****** shit!” to the Sunderland fans. ?

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

TWO  -  N i l   ffs... !     what went wrong?

Guess the Mackems were blinded by the bright lights of The Mem and stunned to find themselves in such salubrious surroundings.... I dare say the facilities took their breath away.  Cant think of any other conclusion to be honest...

Damn the Gas and their perfect little lives....  ;) 

At such a pokey ground and a pathetic attendance, it would have felt like they were playing behind closed doors.

From the Stadium of Light to the Stadium of Shite.

• Haha 2

Had another chat to the Mackem lad in work that attended last night’s game at Chernobyl.

He said that behind the terrace where he was stood was some bits of tarpaulin, wire and some old white plastic garden chairs. He turned to his mate and said “Hardly Premier League this is it?”

He said the toilets were all Portaloo’s.

When I told him that they turned one into Santa’s Grotto he didn’t believe me, so I showed him the evidence. He was creasing! ?

I explained it was just one of many gifts that Rovers present us with which is why they are known as the Gift That Keeps On Giving.

When someone mentioned Rovers later in the day he said, “Who? The Gift?”

???

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Had another chat to the Mackem lad in work that attended last night’s game at Chernobyl.

He said that behind the terrace where he was stood was some bits of tarpaulin, wire and some old white plastic garden chairs. He turned to his mate and said “Hardly Premier League this is it?”

He said the toilets were all Portaloo’s.

When I told him that they turned one into Santa’s Grotto he didn’t believe me, so I showed him the evidence. He was creasing! ?

I explained it was just one of many gifts that Rovers present us with which is why they are known as the Gift That Keeps On Giving.

When someone mentioned Rovers later in the day he said, “Who? The Gift?”

???

Got a mackem fan at work as well who went last night , pretty much said the same. Said the crowd was low but were bouncing when they went 2-0 up. Thinks Semenyo needs to drop down to a lower league one side.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Got a mackem fan at work as well who went last night , pretty much said the same. Said the crowd was low but were bouncing when they went 2-0 up. Thinks Semenyo needs to drop down to a lower league one side.

Personally think that Semenyo isn't good enough for this level (basing on what I've seen of him). There is potential, but he needs a good, prolonged period of scoring at a lower level, and then slowly integrated into our first team squad providing he does well out on loan.

The last time he was in and around the side, it was on the back of his decent loan spell (amid Chelsea rumours) but to be fair he was basically being used as we had no other options, and failed to get a decent striker in during the previous window. It was a gamble that failed.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I think he's more likely to end up in League 2, maybe a mid table League 1 side.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Taz said:

Personally think that Semenyo isn't good enough for this level (basing on what I've seen of him). There is potential, but he needs a good, prolonged period of scoring at a lower level, and then slowly integrated into our first team squad providing he does well out on loan.

The last time he was in and around the side, it was on the back of his decent loan spell (amid Chelsea rumours) but to be fair he was basically being used as we had no other options, and failed to get a decent striker in during the previous window. It was a gamble that failed.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I think he's more likely to end up in League 2, maybe a mid table League 1 side.

For my sins I watched the game (dodgy Firestick), mainly out of curiosity, Sunderland were woeful all over the pitch, Semenyo when he got involved was no worse than any of the rest of them, he seemed to play wide left of what became a front 3 at times. Everything went through that thug Lafferty who did his best to get sent off. Not sure he is gong to benefit hugely from the loan. Both teams we diving all over the place, the level of football quality was dreadful and you can see the huge gap between League and the Championship. The bias commentators (Radio Bristol) thought that Semenyo looked dangerous and had pace to burn, just didn't get involved often enough, mainly because of the woeful Sunderland midfield.

• Like 1