IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Just heard if the players have to stay at home they will only get  statutory sick pay from the government 

are you sure, the legal implications of non payment would huge the clubs should honour the contract or they will be screwed or are you just stating the government's stance in which case you owe me 2 minuets of my life back  for a complete non story

I know we joke about their small attendances but they will be losing two home fixtures at least that would probably be worth £30k each maybe? That's got be a huge hole to fill on top of that projected £65k a week loss. It must be a worry, they wont be the only team suffering because of this, but they could be one of the teams that will never recovery from it.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

I presume the gas are are playing today, as it's only professional football that's cancelled?

Game's been called off, probably just as well as we'd only see another defeat they've already beaten us once this season.   Some have booked tickets with Great Western to have made the trip over there but are hoping for reimbursement.     Not sure if Coronavirus if a viable reason to offer a refund right now but hopefully given the circumstances and growing concern of subject matter those who have paid will be entitled to refunds.

Wouldn't have gone personally it's hardly a short journey and besides watching Town at the moment is hardly an enjoyable experience.    I wonder to what extent the remaining games will be effected not just here but in Europe and possibly Euro 2020, will they be cancelled ?    All hypothetical but the virus thing seems to be getting out of hand and sport's being disrupted to such extent you wonder what potential impact it will have on the months ahead.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know we joke about their small attendances but they will be losing two home fixtures at least that would probably be worth £30k each maybe? That's got be a huge hole to fill on top of that projected £65k a week loss. It must be a worry, they wont be the only team suffering because of this, but they could be one of the teams that will never recovery from it.

hope so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think it's of great benefit to Rovers actually. They will be eligible for a £3k grant from the govt like all small businesses. It should shore up their balance sheet for at least a month. 

Edited by havanatopia

1 hour ago, Southend Blue said:

Game's been called off, probably just as well as we'd only see another defeat they've already beaten us once this season.   Some have booked tickets with Great Western to have made the trip over there but are hoping for reimbursement.     Not sure if Coronavirus if a viable reason to offer a refund right now but hopefully given the circumstances and growing concern of subject matter those who have paid will be entitled to refunds.

Wouldn't have gone personally it's hardly a short journey and besides watching Town at the moment is hardly an enjoyable experience.    I wonder to what extent the remaining games will be effected not just here but in Europe and possibly Euro 2020, will they be cancelled ?    All hypothetical but the virus thing seems to be getting out of hand and sport's being disrupted to such extent you wonder what potential impact it will have on the months ahead.  

To be fair to them GWR are usually pretty good at refunds and helping out when exceptional events occur.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I think it's of great benefit to Rovers actually. They will be eligible for a £3k grant from the govt like all small businesses. It should shore up their balance sheet for at least a month. 

They have started looking at fund raising options over on Gaschat, bless 'em.

I have no idea how much they think their players earn, but they seem to think players would take a pay cut to help others out.

It won't be a case that these players have pension contributions or mortgage payments to make based on their own incomes. Course not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Hopefully you didn't miss the sarcasm in my post.

From Forum this is superb! Tour of the stadium?!

A monthly direct debit similar to the 50/50 run like the postcode lottery would be a good idea. Also I love the open day but as a one off as raising funds why not charge £1 entrance fee? Other clubs have paid tours of their stadium I know ours isn't great but it could be a way of raising money especially if there were players available to speak to and have photos with. Limit the number per tour so that the fans feel they get a personal experience

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Super said:

A monthly direct debit similar to the 50/50 run like the postcode lottery would be a good idea. Also I love the open day but as a one off as raising funds why not charge £1 entrance fee? Other clubs have paid tours of their stadium I know ours isn't great but it could be a way of raising money especially if there were players available to speak to and have photos with. Limit the number per tour so that the fans feel they get a personal experience

Would be mainly an open air tour 

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely anyone unlucky enough to be on a 'tour' would be paying substantially more than £1 to get out!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Super said:

There`s a campsite up the road from me with a public footpath running through it so I`ll be saving me quid thanks very much.