IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Super said:

From Forum this is superb! Tour of the stadium?!

A monthly direct debit similar to the 50/50 run like the postcode lottery would be a good idea. Also I love the open day but as a one off as raising funds why not charge £1 entrance fee? Other clubs have paid tours of their stadium I know ours isn't great but it could be a way of raising money especially if there were players available to speak to and have photos with. Limit the number per tour so that the fans feel they get a personal experience

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Game's been called off, probably just as well as we'd only see another defeat they've already beaten us once this season.   Some have booked tickets with Great Western to have made the trip over there but are hoping for reimbursement.     Not sure if Coronavirus if a viable reason to offer a refund right now but hopefully given the circumstances and growing concern of subject matter those who have paid will be entitled to refunds.

Wouldn't have gone personally it's hardly a short journey and besides watching Town at the moment is hardly an enjoyable experience.    I wonder to what extent the remaining games will be effected not just here but in Europe and possibly Euro 2020, will they be cancelled ?    All hypothetical but the virus thing seems to be getting out of hand and sport's being disrupted to such extent you wonder what potential impact it will have on the months ahead.  

Were you one of the ones who were desperate to get rid of Mick McCarthy..?

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have started looking at fund raising options over on Gaschat, bless 'em.

I have no idea how much they think their players earn, but they seem to think players would take a pay cut to help others out.

It won't be a case that these players have pension contributions or mortgage payments to make based on their own incomes. Course not. 

Expecting players to make financial sacrifices to keep the club going? 

Even by Saghead standards that’s massively hypocritical.

13 hours ago, Super said:

A monthly direct debit similar to the 50/50 run like the postcode lottery would be a good idea. Also I love the open day but as a one off as raising funds why not charge £1 entrance fee? Other clubs have paid tours of their stadium I know ours isn't great but it could be a way of raising money especially if there were players available to speak to and have photos with. Limit the number per tour so that the fans feel they get a personal experience

Charge people to raise funds but then limit the number of people..?!

I don’t think this bloke is going to be winning The Apprentice anytime soon..! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, miser said:

13 hours ago, Super said:

Ooh, half a dozen angry gasheads pointing at a skip, sign me up.. 

14 hours ago, Super said:

Limit the number?They could all go at the same time and still get a personal experience!

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I just had a thought. Supposing one of our blue chums were to run out of bog roll and the only place that had any was Sainsbury`s.

Good point. 
For anyone in desperate need of supplies - don’t be disheartened by the rows of empty shelves. 

There are bound to be numerous trolley fulls of discarded shopping left near the checkouts by the little scamps..! 

• Haha 2

On 14/03/2020 at 15:40, Bristol Rob said:

They have started looking at fund raising options over on Gaschat, bless 'em.

I have no idea how much they think their players earn, but they seem to think players would take a pay cut to help others out.

It won't be a case that these players have pension contributions or mortgage payments to make based on their own incomes. Course not. 

Quote:

"Its a difficult one to call, but at rovers I'd imagine our season ticket holders make up more than most other clubs average attendance, although that's just an assumption....

One things for sure that the most expensive tickets in the east and west stand are all season ticketed and sold out every year, so 'hopefully' we might have enough prepaid income to keep us going.... Again, just an assumption...."

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Quote:

"Its a difficult one to call, but at rovers I'd imagine our season ticket holders make up more than most other clubs average attendance, although that's just an assumption....

One things for sure that the most expensive tickets in the east and west stand are all season ticketed and sold out every year, so 'hopefully' we might have enough prepaid income to keep us going.... Again, just an assumption...."

My assumption is...that his assumption may be wrong.....just an assumption 

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Quote:

Where the hell did this plank get the notion that their ST holders is more than most clubs average attendances ?

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england3

They have a relatively low amount of ST holders as I understand it although that is an assumption.

I would assume, and it is just an assumption, that they have around 4k ST holders.

Just an assumption of course.

And that would keep them going ? Losing 60k per week isn't keeping going, its hanging on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Quote:

They think that money is still in the coffers ?

1 minute ago, bert tann said:

We have absolutely nothing to worry about because our Commercial Director has said that Mr Wael Al-Qadi will cover all staff wage costs from his personal resources for as long as it takes. 

He'll be skint in two weeks.

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

We have absolutely nothing to worry about because our Commercial Director has said that Mr Wael Al-Qadi will cover all staff wage costs from his personal resources for as long as it takes. 

And Sainsburys will happen and the UWE will happen and the Fruit market will happen and the training ground will be built, etc. etc.   And the deluded fools keep believing it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Gone bust yet ? Nothing on PM's question time . :laughcont:

Tick tock Slarti, tick tock. ;)

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Given how stocks and shares are going, he's probably only worth about £4 now Bert!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Tick tock Slarti, tick tock. ;)

Given how stocks and shares are going, he's probably only worth about £4 now Bert!

Strangely enough that isn't the case SJ.

Based on my own  geopolitical research it appears there are forces currently at work which aim to keep the Kingdom of Jordan stable. While stock markets around the globe collapse the shares of the Arab Jordan Investment Bank have lost comparatively little and in the last month the Jordanian Dinar has strengthened by about 10% against the pound.

A New World Hors D'oeuvre is emerging and, who knows, BRFC may become a prominent part of it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

36 minutes ago, myol'man said:

During the Coronavirus crisis we are being encouraged to go for a walk in a field.

Will R*vers open up their state of the art training facility to the public?

Bring your own wellies

Waders