IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just been looking at the Visit Bristol website.They have a student bucket list section of things to do and see in our great city. Under the heading " Watch a sports match" they have the following:

Join the local fans to cheer on Bristol Bears rugby team and Bristol City FC at Ashton Gate Stadium, or if cricket is more up your street then watch Gloucestershire Cricket play at their home ground just round the corner from the independent shops, pubs and restaurants of Gloucester Road.

Is this just Visit Bristol being kind to students by excluding them or do they not know of their existence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Just been looking at the Visit Bristol website.They have a student bucket list section of things to do and see in our great city. Under the heading " Watch a sports match" they have the following:

Join the local fans to cheer on Bristol Bears rugby team and Bristol City FC at Ashton Gate Stadium, or if cricket is more up your street then watch Gloucestershire Cricket play at their home ground just round the corner from the independent shops, pubs and restaurants of Gloucester Road.

Is this just Visit Bristol being kind to students by excluding them or do they not know of their existence.

Maybe it's a 'Marty, Marty' back to the future thing? If they take these students back to the 60's by sending them to the mem, all of them start to fade away.

20 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Quote:

"Its a difficult one to call, but at rovers I'd imagine our season ticket holders make up more than most other clubs average attendance, although that's just an assumption....

Most other clubs in what division?

The Beazer Homes League?

• Haha 1

The Fewers have a thread about what City players they have previously admired, and in the name of self distancing solidarity, I will offer up a name of one of theirs.

Barry Hayles.

I know Ward was interested in buying him but was deemed as a non starter (we got Soren Anderson and Tony Thorpe instead - as told to me by Scott Davidson) but what former Fewers would you have been delighted with?

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16097/liked?page=1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Fewers have a thread about what City players they have previously admired, and in the name of self distancing solidarity, I will offer up a name of one of theirs.

Barry Hayles.

I know Ward was interested in buying him but was deemed as a non starter (we got Soren Anderson and Tony Thorpe instead - as told to me by Scott Davidson) but what former Fewers would you have been delighted with?

Matty Taylor 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Barry Hayles.

Going back a bit, Alfie Biggs. He was a City fan and wanted to sign for City, as a young player, but the club messed him about and he signed for Rovers instead 

Hani has stepped down as the only director of Dwane Developments UK and been replaced by Wael.

Odd thing to do at a dormant company unless it is about to become not a dormant company.

Preparation for building on the training ground or the stadium maybe?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11253528/filing-history

Admired players: Marcus Stewart.  Great shame that it didn't work out.

Going back a bit: Gary Mabbutt, Nigel Martyn, John Scales and presumably Geoff Bradford though that last is just a name to me.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Hani has stepped down as the only director of Dwane Developments UK and been replaced by Wael.

Odd thing to do at a dormant company unless it is about to become not a dormant company.

Going back a bit: Gary Mabbutt, Nigel Martyn, John Scales and presumably Geoff Bradford though that last is just a name to me.

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Have I missed Rovers’ press release in regards to Covid 19..? 
Isn’t the world waiting on tender hooks, for them to give us their insight, as they usually feel the need to do..?! 

Presumably it will be used as an excuse for missing the Fruit Market in 2 Years deadline.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Be hard to prepare for any building on the training ground or stadium is the current climate, no?  Anyone would be mad to be be pushing ahead with substantial construction projects given that no-one is playing and we don't know when/if teams will be playing in the future.

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Be hard to prepare for any building on the training ground or stadium is the current climate, no?  Anyone would be mad to be be pushing ahead with substantial construction projects given that no-one is playing and we don't know when/if teams will be playing in the future.

They like to do things on the cheap though, don't they ?

Perhaps their thinking is that they can screw contractors down even more under this present climate (once we have hit the bottom, construction may be slow to recover) ?

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

It may not be building anything for ages.

Transfer the land in and start applying for planning permission to whack up its value.

If I wanted to protect my assets then I would be transferring them out of a heavily-indebted loss making company into a debt free company with no minority shareholders.  Wael has complained about the minority shareholders previously; citing them as being a reason why they were unable to invest further.  Obviously that reason is a nonsense but it does show that they are resented.

It could however be transfer of the training ground from Dwane Sports so not directly affecting Rovers as they neither own it nor train on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

They like to do things on the cheap though, don't they ?

Perhaps their thinking is that they can screw contractors down even more under this present climate (once we have hit the bottom, construction may be slow to recover) ?

They weren't a viable entity before COVID-19, god knows who they are like now.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Someone posted on here last week, a (probably baseless) rumour that a rift had formed between Wael and his family due, allegedly to him having been caught in flagrante. Disgusting if true. (Getting caught, I mean).

I wonder if this is linked to Hani stepping down from Dwane in a sort of "you're on your own now, bro"  sort of way? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Matty Taylor 

£10M? No chance. Hang on......

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

Anyone would be mad to be be pushing ahead with substantial construction projects given that no-one is playing and we don't know when/if teams will be playing in the future.

Like City and the Bears are doing? ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Someone posted on here last week, a (probably baseless) rumour that a rift had formed between Wael and his family due, allegedly to him having been caught in flagrante. Disgusting if true. (Getting caught, I mean).

I wonder if this is linked to Hani stepping down from Dwane in a sort of "you're on your own now, bro"  sort of way? 

Interesting.

That would be a reasonable background to it.

Though if he is now on his own and that means no more family money then BRFC 1883 is now a zombie company.  Accounts to June last year are due by 31 March though I expect them to be late again.  There is a critical requirement of the auditors that in order to sign off the accounts as a going concern (and if they don't no-one will give you credit terms- cash upfront every time) that a director must sign that they will provide financial support to the company for a year from the date of signing.

The support last year came specifically from Hani rather than Wael and was dated 23 May 2019 so as it stands that support expires 23 May 2020.

Obviously "indicate" in the second paragraph should be "indicates" as it is referring to a single forecast.

image.png.76ddac94f47a47071f188250be12677f.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_company

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Barry Hayles.

Steve Yates. Always thought he was decent, far too good for 'them'.

The infamous 'Tilson' was tidy as well along with Ellington before his head went.

56 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I wondered if the brothers now have more individual financial autonomy, following the passing of their father last month.

On 18/03/2020 at 10:44, bcfc01 said:

Where the hell did this plank get the notion that their ST holders is more than most clubs average attendances ?

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england3

They have a relatively low amount of ST holders as I understand it although that is an assumption.

I would assume, and it is just an assumption, that they have around 4k ST holders.

Just an assumption of course.

And that would keep them going ? Losing 60k per week isn't keeping going, its hanging on.

Whilst one doesn't like to defend these deluded halfwits, when I read it I assumed it meant as as crowd percentage, rather than as a rank among other clubs.

Therefore suggesting that their attendances are made up of ST holders in the majority.

Edited by cider hoss rules
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Barry Hayles.

Gary Mabbutt

• Like 1