IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Seems some are finally waking up in Horfield;

"£23m in debt and you still have to stand on a sh**ty terrace and wade through 4 inches of piss to go to the toilet. This is all going to end badly. Crowds over the next 10 years will decline. You only have to look at the number of supporters at the mem who are 65+ to realise that."

:laughcont:

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems some are finally waking up in Horfield;

"£23m in debt and you still have to stand on a sh**ty terrace and wade through 4 inches of piss to go to the toilet. This is all going to end badly. Crowds over the next 10 years will decline. You only have to look at the number of supporters at the mem who are 65+ to realise that."

:laughcont:

They’re optimistic, still going in 10 years time? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Couple of remarks from asschat

Because rest assured, this club is on the edge of oblivion. 
:yes:

Even genuine City fans sympathise with us at the moment with the people running our club

Um I don’t think we do 

I don't. Sooner they go bust the better.  The only ones I would feel sorry for would be the staff who would lose out. 

• Like 10
  • Robin 2

46 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Even genuine City fans sympathise with us at the moment with the people running our club

Um I don’t think we do 

I pity them but certainly don't sympathise.

Pity is even more humiliating IMHO.

OTIB. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Really?

After decades of rubbing 1982 in our faces?

Getting on their high horses over the AG8 and our financial difficulties nearly 40 years ago. Many, many Gasheads would love to see us disappear, I know because over the years they’ve said so openly on Social Media.

Staggering lack of self awareness from the Saghead who posted that. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

£24M in debt...

Bristol Rovers president Wael Al-Qadi has told fans he will protect the club and its staff after the League One outfit announced debts of over £24m.

Rovers made a loss of £3.4m for the year to June 2019, with their financial position also set to be impacted by the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

Their accounts show the club owe £16.2m to Dwane Sports, an offshore company owned by the Al-Qadi family.

“We are continuing to work to ensure that the club comes out of these tough times in a strong position,” Al-Qadi said in a statement on the club website.

"I understand that many supporters may be concerned about the increasing level of debt.

“However, I want to reassure them that this position in the current football climate is not unusual.

“The debt amounting is internal debt so doesn't affect the day-to-day running of the club, and my commitment to the club and its long-term aims remains as strong as ever.

“Over the course of the 2019-20 season, a series of actions have been taken to substantially reduce the deficit, although the financial implications of the current pandemic will no doubt have an effect on this.”

Bristol Rovers are 14th in the League One table, but the season has been postponed until at least 30 April because of the pandemic.

"The impacts of this virus will hit all areas of the economy hard and football clubs are no different,” Al-Qadi added.

"However, along with our executive team, I am doing all I can to ensure that everyone within the Bristol Rovers family is as secure as possible.”

Edited by RedLionLad

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Really?

Getting on their high horses over the AG8 and our financial difficulties nearly 40 years ago. Many, many Gasheads would love to see us disappear, I know because over the years they’ve said so openly on Social Media.

Spot on - **** em - they tried to steal Ashton Gate from us when we were on our knees, and ever since they trot out the same old shite - “we’re the oldest league club in Bristol, we’ve been around since 1883, you’ve been around since 1982”...

I always respond to that crap with stuff like: 

There has been a football club called Bristol Rovers FC since 1899

There has been a football club called Bristol City FC since 1897

Bristol Rovers FC joined the football league in 1920

Bristol City FC joined the football league in 1901

Bristol City FC has played continuously in the football league for the last 119 years

Bristol Rovers FC has played continuously in the football league for the last 4 and a half years

Bristol City FC has played at its current home for 116 years

Bristol Rovers FC has played at its current home for 24 years

....they listen to all this and then just gawp, with gormless open mouths and nothing to add - because they can’t argue with any of it - they then just slowly turn away and slink off back to their mothers’ back bedrooms to think about the truth ...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

£24M in debt...

Bristol Rovers president Wael Al-Qadi has told fans he will protect the club and its staff after the League One outfit announced debts of over £24m.

Rovers made a loss of £3.4m for the year to June 2019, with their financial position also set to be impacted by the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

Their accounts show the club owe £16.2m to Dwane Sports, an offshore company owned by the Al-Qadi family.

“We are continuing to work to ensure that the club comes out of these tough times in a strong position,” Al-Qadi said in a statement on the club website.

"I understand that many supporters may be concerned about the increasing level of debt.

“However, I want to reassure them that this position in the current football climate is not unusual.

“The debt amounting is internal debt so doesn't affect the day-to-day running of the club, and my commitment to the club and its long-term aims remains as strong as ever.

“Over the course of the 2019-20 season, a series of actions have been taken to substantially reduce the deficit, although the financial implications of the current pandemic will no doubt have an effect on this.”

Bristol Rovers are 14th in the League One table, but the season has been postponed until at least 30 April because of the pandemic.

"The impacts of this virus will hit all areas of the economy hard and football clubs are no different,” Al-Qadi added.

"However, along with our executive team, I am doing all I can to ensure that everyone within the Bristol Rovers family is as secure as possible.”

24..... ouch

£24m and absolutely nothing to show for it. You could understand it if they had just finished building a new state of the art stadium, and were at the top end of the league fighting for the title - a bit like us putting the double winning team together by taking the best available players of the league.

Shit ground, shit players, and their biggest prospect since £10m Matty Taylor (whatever happened to him btw?), has reverted back to type and stopped scoring goals.

It's ok though, the nice man with a lovely watch says he's doing everything within his power to ensure the future of the club :dance:

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

£24m and absolutely nothing to show for it. You could understand it if they had just finished building a new state of the art stadium, and were at the top end of the league fighting for the title - a bit like us putting the double winning team together by taking the best available players of the league.

Shit ground, shit players, and their biggest prospect since £10m Matty Taylor (whatever happened to him btw?), has reverted back to type and stopped scoring goals.

It's ok though, the nice man with a lovely watch says he's doing everything within his power to ensure the future of the club  his investment. 

Edited for accuracy

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Um I don’t think we do 

I think they’re mistaking ‘ sympathise with ‘ for ‘ laughing at ‘ . 

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

14 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Really?

Nailed it, I have a good mate who has had a season ticket for years, we take the piss but I'd feel for him a little if they died. As for the rest, and I do know others , no sympathy . Just like the "tax dodger ' thing they loved to throw at Lansdown ( made his money and paid millions in taxes over the years in UK) , now they have to admit their dodgy owner that the club are in massive debt to are based in an offshore 'tax haven' in the words of the Post.
If you looked up hypocrite in the dictionary , I bet there would be a pic of a gAsshead.

• Like 2

The debt amounting is internal debt so doesn't affect the day-to-day running of the club, and my commitment to the club and its long-term aims remains as strong as ever.

I think he's got that wrong. "Internal debt" IS the day to day running costs. I would say "external debt" (using his terminology) would be the UWE facility that the university agreed to proceed on, or new training ground he's building, or the various planning applications and studies he's carried out, or the re build of the memorial ground stand by stand he's currently undertaking. All of which are tied up in confidentiality agreements so unfortunately he can't talk about them.

Their day to day running costs are completely unsustainable without continually propping up with new investment and he can't keep borrowing on the only asset they have which is the run down stadium.

Pot and pi55 in comes to mind

He is looking at his exit strategy and has been for some time. Now that he has extricated his investment out of the club all that will be left behind will be an empty shell of nothing which he is looking to offload to anyone although the better option would be a supporter type group of investors so that he can move on to the next club. 

27 minutes ago, Swede said:

The debt amounting is internal debt so doesn't affect the day-to-day running of the club, and my commitment to the club and its long-term aims remains as strong as ever.

I think he's got that wrong. "Internal debt" IS the day to day running costs. I would say "external debt" (using his terminology) would be the UWE facility that the university agreed to proceed on, or new training ground he's building, or the various planning applications and studies he's carried out, or the re build of the memorial ground stand by stand he's currently undertaking. All of which are tied up in confidentiality agreements so unfortunately he can't talk about them.

Their day to day running costs are completely unsustainable without continually propping up with new investment and he can't keep borrowing on the only asset they have which is the run down stadium.

Pot and pi55 in comes to mind

I would read that statement differently and do think that he is correct to say that.

If it was external debt then you have covenants to meet and security to put up.  Banks can become like shadow directors requiring you to put business plans to them for them to approve or reject.

Also if there is more financing required then it's going to come at a huge price for a company in financial difficulty as was seen with Nick Higgs'  "Wonga" loans.

As it is they can continue to spend on players and, hey, maybe even the ground without a bank saying "No". They do remain in full control of the company.

All that you are saying about their instability applies x4 to us.

We have a rich owner prepared to put money in to fund those losses.

A loss of £4m a year is a lot to keep funding without radical cuts so just maybe they do as well.