IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 28/03/2020 at 06:59, Miah Dennehy said:

IF, and although this is obviously hypothetical it suddenly doesn't seem so far fetched, football & society  is devastated by this virus, with thousands of deaths and dozens of clubs  Rovers being one of them, go to the wall. If then City survive and the league is reformed into a much smaller number of clubs, what would you think if Lansdown announced a proposal to merge the clubs, call them Bristol United , play in red and blue etc, and he is doing it purely as a gesture to bring people together after a catastrophic period of history, what would you think?

I'm not trying to be flippant about the current awful situation and I really don't think the outcome will be as bad as the picture I have painted, but I am really interested in genuine answers.

There has been a lot of talk that this virus could bring everyone together and that we will all learn a lesson from this in many other areas of life, but would this be a step too far for you?

Assuming this were to happen (and there is no chance),  Wael would want a seat on the Board. That is about as unpalatable as 6000 of the great unwashed sullying our magnificent stadium. 

The only thing your team brings to the table  is a rather nice watch.... which sooner or later will have to be downgraded to a Casio. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Seemingly so would he. 

It's like a revolving door there at the moment. Hamer going dealt a blow to any semblance of credibility they were clinging onto.  He at least had experience within professional football.  Any reputation he may have had will be tarnished by his association with them.

Just as well they purchased that 80's night club canopy to go over the top then

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Trouble in paradise.

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/ken-masters-brsc-statement/

Sounds like it is all going wrong up the Mem and maybe now the Fewers are just starting to smell the coffee.

Could be an interesting few months.

Just guessing, but it looks like wally doesn't want anyone around asking awkward questions.

With the many broken promises and lack of direction and information the future looks decidedly bleak which will be a great shame as no matter how bad a day I'm having, a quick catch up on the dustbin thread makes me feel a million dollars.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Trouble in paradise.

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/ken-masters-brsc-statement/

Sounds like it is all going wrong up the Mem and maybe now the Fewers are just starting to smell the coffee.

Could be an interesting few months.

This David Thomas from their Supporters Club doesn't seem to understand limited companies. Why does he say this guy would lose his personal home and be personally liable for the debts of the business?

On 01/04/2020 at 09:45, pongo88 said:

There were periods when there were flowers behind the goals at Eastville, and periods when it was just grass. Nothing has ever changed with Rovers, as they’ve always been hard up. I guess the non-flower periods were when they couldn’t afford the seeds. 

Funny how the deluded few never bleated about ‘franchises’ when they had football, greyhounds, speedway and a market (!) all at Eastville - they’ll probably claim that Barcelona copied their blueprint! Although the sags still don’t seem to realise the true definition of a ‘franchise’ when they lazily bung that word in our direction ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

I was asked by the Club’s President, at half- time on the side of the pitch during the last home game of last season back in early May 2019, how it was possible to remove Ken from the Board. I know that Ken has suffered a torrid time over the past twelve months and more. When I asked the reason for Ken’s suspension I was told the reasons were confidential. 

Now there's a shock!!!

55 minutes ago, bert tann said:

No one has actually said the London office was used by an extreme Palestinian political organisation but officials go blue in the face when they hear the name Gasser Arafat.

And his mate Gasser Husain.

Think that was the FA Cup match. Lost 1-0?

Many memories of that day, arriving on the bank behind the stand to look down on a maze of corridors leading to the turnstiles watching a mob of City fans chasing some Wolves about. The fact that what looked to be an open terrace on the TV was foolking massive and had a roof at the back and the freshly painted yellow stand being daubed with red Knowle West/City graffiti. 

Great day out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Selling the mem now doesn’t cover the debt, expect them to go into admin and the mem being sold from underneath them to a Jordanian company and then used for housing

That lovely billionaire wouldn't do that...

1 hour ago, Rich said:

My first experience of driving was in a dumper truck on a site in Thornbury. They had rear wheel steering which was over positive, so tended to be difficult to keep straight.

Must be the current state of the art training ground

• Like 1