IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Which one was that? I was there in about 72 and it was good fun. Black lad with a big head (chalkie White) as he was known then, was exchanging black insults with some local black lads up on the bank.

Was that the same Chalkie that used to go to the silver blades ice rink? good lad he was and a brilliant skater.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Leveller said:

This David Thomas from their Supporters Club doesn't seem to understand limited companies. Why does he say this guy would lose his personal home and be personally liable for the debts of the business?

More importantly, how are they taking money but not updating the shares register? The Certificates are neither here nor there, but the registers have to be updated. If they can’t show the new shares in the register then questions need to be raised on how they are balancing their books.

9 hours ago, RedRock said:

Think that was the FA Cup match. Lost 1-0?

Many memories of that day, arriving on the bank behind the stand to look down on a maze of corridors leading to the turnstiles watching a mob of City fans chasing some Wolves about. The fact that what looked to be an open terrace on the TV was foolking massive and had a roof at the back and the freshly painted yellow stand being daubed with red Knowle West/City graffiti. 

Great day out.

I was there, early 73, an interesting day!, as was the previous round down at Portsmouth 

• Like 1

Gaschat still makes for hilarious reading.

Somehow, their supporters managed to sign up to what appears to be the worst deal in history, where they have lumped in over a million quid and have only a 3% equity share.

Someone has even said that at some point, they agreed to diluting their holding.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gaschat still makes for hilarious reading.

Somehow, their supporters managed to sign up to what appears to be the worst deal in history, where they have lumped in over a million quid and have only a 3% equity share.

Someone has even said that at some point, they agreed to diluting their holding.

Complete bunch of jokers.

• Admin
22 hours ago, Leveller said:

This David Thomas from their Supporters Club doesn't seem to understand limited companies. Why does he say this guy would lose his personal home and be personally liable for the debts of the business?

That would mean he was a guarantor - even stranger

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah yes, Johnny Harding..........the guy that tried to get me and my mate thrown out of the "hospitality suite" at Trumpton   (1-1, Super Bob's debut) because he knew we were gert teds, despite that we had been invited by a more senior Rovers president (at the time) and we were in our best bib and tucker !  Mr Harding was told in no uncertain terms by said "worthy" to mind his own business and don't be so childish !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, wood_red said:

"but we felt we could not let two significant issues in our club’s recent history pass without comment".

What exactly is their comment as they haven't really said anything? As above Wally is their President isn't he? Bizarre. 

Nothing to do with Wally, its just to make a pittance for the club - a very poor City Foundation.

I suppose its like the City Trust & Supporters Club and the Foundation having a dig at the board (on a much smaller scale of course).

14 hours ago, pillred said:

Was that the same Chalkie that used to go to the silver blades ice rink? good lad he was and a brilliant skater.

Can't be that many that fit the description. It seemed as if he had a larger than average head.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Wow. This is the funniest thing I have seen from Rovers for, quite laterally..........days! Hahahahaha.

Get in bed with a bullshitter, then expect to get royally shat on! ??

And the best thing is, the fan base seems split over the ability of the supporters club to represent fans, the owners ability to keep the club afloat and those who still insist that without Wally, they would have gone under if Higgs had remained in charge.

The in fighting is going to reach epic proportions!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

Can't be that many that fit the description. It seemed as if he had a larger than average head.

The timing would certainly be right around the early to mid 70s. I remember him as being quite short and stocky he was a real character everybody knew and liked him certainly don't ever remember him getting any racial abuse or trouble from anyone at the rink reckon it must be the same Chalkie.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2020 at 13:04, Leveller said:

If a director/board is found to have acted dishonestly or fraudulently they can be just as liable as anyone else.

There are those, allegedly, that say their CEO (can't remember his name) should be wary being the only director other than Wally. 

And, allegedly, there are those that say anyone should be double wary if invited onto the board.

Of course, I don't subscribe to those views and regard them as complete nonsense.

The board have accumulated so much debt that insolvency on our current trajectory is a certainty. The SC and the PC can see this and try to do something whilst we have people like you cheering from the sidelines as WAQi sets course for oblivion. You have more in common with shitheads yet call yourself a Rovers fan! Who needs enemies when we have fans like you.

Hahahaha you delusional ****. 

FWIW it's not a fact. As long as WAQ continues to put his families money in to the club we survive. As it stands, the moment that ends, so does this football club. 

P.S.
If you want to get out from behind that keyboard and say that to my face, you're welcome to drop me a PM and arrange a meet up. 

Thick, violent and a shithead then.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

Wally been reported to the EFL to be investigated under the "fit and proper person rules"!!!

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16145/wael-alqadi-reported-efl

They have a Presidents Club..!! How funny is that?  Presidents of what??  Sounds like Chasers rebranded......

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:
The board have accumulated so much debt that insolvency on our current trajectory is a certainty. The SC and the PC can see this and try to do something whilst we have people like you cheering from the sidelines as WAQi sets course for oblivion. You have more in common with shitheads yet call yourself a Rovers fan! Who needs enemies when we have fans like you.

Hahahaha you delusional ****. 

FWIW it's not a fact. As long as WAQ continues to put his families money in to the club we survive. As it stands, the moment that ends, so does this football club. 

P.S.
If you want to get out from behind that keyboard and say that to my face, you're welcome to drop me a PM and arrange a meet up. 

Thick, violent and a shithead then.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

I love these guys offering each other out. I would piss myself if they did meet up and the original poster was 20 stone and built like a brick shithouse !              "Er, you put forth some very salient points which I totally agree with............bye ":laugh:

• Haha 2