IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Ken Masters (the director suspended and then resigned) has just been on radio interviewed by 20man.

Says he has no idea why he was suspended and had to resign as he wouldn't sign off the accounts.

Unfortunately it was a very weak interview by 20man and he didn't ask why - wasted opportunity, just wanted to know what the bloke would advise the next supporters club director in terms of what the job entails. KM started to say that a director can be held personally responsible and 20man interrupted him. Whole thing was about 2 minutes.

He should have pressed KM to dig the dirt and find out exactly why he wouldn't sign off the accounts.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Ken Masters (the director suspended and then resigned) has just been on radio interviewed by 20man.

Says he has no idea why he was suspended and had to resign as he wouldn't sign off the accounts.

Unfortunately it was a very weak interview by 20man and he didn't ask why - wasted opportunity, just wanted to know what the bloke would advise the next supporters club director in terms of what the job entails. KM started to say that a director can be held personally responsible and 20man interrupted him. Whole thing was about 2 minutes.

He should have pressed KM to dig the dirt and find out exactly why he wouldn't sign off the accounts.

Not like Geoff to skirt round the issue unless there are legal implications if certain questions are asked/answered.

Still, let the circus continue!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not like Geoff to skirt round the issue unless there are legal implications if certain questions are asked/answered.

Still, let the circus continue!

Agreed - its was as if he just didn't want to hear what the bloke had to say.

I bloody did and I would think a load of Pikeys would as well (not as many as those with their heads in the sand though).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

On the 14th of December the 15ers beat Ipswich 2-1 at Portman Road to move 4th in League 1, two points from second with a game in hand. 

Since then:

Their manager walked out on them for Mansfield in League 2 ?

His replacement managed to win just 2 league games in the next 3 months seeing them fall down the table ?

The club reveal a 24 million pound debt and a 3.4 million pound loss ?

One director resigns and the chairman kicks another off the board leaving Wally to run the club like a dictatorship ?

The supporters club and the supporters implode and start fighting each other accusing Wally of not being fit and proper to run the club and not issuing shares to the supporters club. ?

All of this in the middle of a viral pandemic which may bring some football clubs to their financial knees. 

They truly are the gift that keeps on giving. 

When you look at it that way, overall, 2020 has been pretty decent so far, after all..! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SX227 said:

Why does moderator Gashead1981 refer to him as Brian or BSS in many posts then?

Not arguing, just asking a question.

G1981 is Waels best mate, so he seems, so he would know surely?

Happy for you to divulge his alter-ego if you know different?

He is called Brian, so I can understand the confusion regarding who he is.  He's an old Tote Ender, I think he's on Twitter as Tote End Brian (or something similar) - I don't know him personally.  Brian Seymour Smith used to post on there under his own name.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right - happy days! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

He is called Brian, so I can understand the confusion regarding who he is.  He's an old Tote Ender, I think he's on Twitter as Tote End Brian (or something similar) - I don't know him personally.  Brian Seymour Smith used to post on there under his own name.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right - happy days! ?

Brian Potter?

17 hours ago, SX227 said:
PessimistGas

PessimistGas Avatar

yesterday at 7:33am via mobile JeffNZ, kingswood Polak, and 3 more like this
Post Options

Post by PessimistGas on yesterday at 7:33am

At least with no footy on we have this never-ending soap opera to keep us entertained. I'm hooked.

Like an even more sh*t comedy version of Eastenders.

Unpicking this web of intrigue, farce, back stabbing, misdirection, smoke and mirrors, rank incompetence, deluded fantasies and shattered dreams will keep future club historians busy for decades - except there probably won't be a club.

**** sake. ?

could this be one of us ,joined may 2014

30 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

could this be one of us ,joined may 2014

The reason why it says May 2014 is because that was when Gaschat was created after the club shut down their official forum.

’Roverdrive’ was also on the old forum and I remember he was very vocal about us after they thought they’d stayed up by beating Wycombe the week before Colin Daniel came to visit. Gave it the proper ‘big spuds’ about how that was a turning point in the clubs history and once the UWE Stadium was built the Gas would be “number 1 again”....as if they’ve ever been number 1 ?

He wasn’t the only one and they all looked quite ridiculous the following week on 3/5/2014.

Happy days....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The reason why it says May 2014 is because that was when Gaschat was created after the club shut down their official forum.

’Roverdrive’ was also on the old forum and I remember he was very vocal about us after they thought they’d stayed up by beating Wycombe the week before Colin Daniel came to visit. Gave it the proper ‘big spuds’ about how that was a turning point in the clubs history and once the UWE Stadium was built the Gas would be “number 1 again”....as if they’ve ever been number 1 ?

He wasn’t the only one and they all looked quite ridiculous the following week on 3/5/2014.

Happy days....

yes they were very convincing I even thought they couldn't get relegated so I didn't bother checking their result on that fateful day ,got a phone call from my brother whilst buying some paint at B and Q informing me that if rovers didn't score in the next 2 minutes they were down . Happy Days

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

yes they were very convincing I even thought they couldn't get relegated so I didn't bother checking their result on that fateful day ,got a phone call from my brother whilst buying some paint at B and Q informing me that if rovers didn't score in the next 2 minutes they were down . Happy Days

Haha, Like you I didn’t even bother checking the scores until 16:40 when I left the supermarket. Checked Citys score on BBC, then decided to look at L2 and the Gas. I remember a strange feeling of slight disappointment seeing they were 1-0 down as I presumed that either Wycombe or Northampton will have let us down (how gutting would that be? Gas lose but so do at least 1 of the other 2)...then I scrolled down the page ?

The next 10 minutes seemed to take an eternity.

Just think Cardiff got relegated that day as well. Until I see us promoted to the Prem that will be one my all time favourite days. I got so pissed that night ?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, SX227 said:
gasheadbatesy
First Team

gasheadbatesy Avatar

Posting Level

If you have something to say then say it. Stop being a pleb. A wum, a self indulgent **** about things and ####ing speak up in proper ####ing English. You are as big a problem as the problem.
You want us to go against the owners as much as your twisted mates. You start the protest as you know what it is all about. ‘Engage, ignite,’
Supportters club ain’t supporting.
Why isn’t every supporter being told **** all from the supporters club representative since year ......
Is that acceptable gas inside your own asset?

Start the rovers revolution. Spill it,

"speak up in proper ####ing English" - said following and preceding (and during) nothing of the sort!!!

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, Like you I didn’t even bother checking the scores until 16:40 when I left the supermarket. Checked Citys score on BBC, then decided to look at L2 and the Gas. I remember a strange feeling of slight disappointment seeing they were 1-0 down as I presumed that either Wycombe or Northampton will have let us down (how gutting would that be? Gas lose but so do at least 1 of the other 2)...then I scrolled down the page ?

Just think Cardiff got relegated that day as well. Until I see us promoted to the Prem that will be one my all time favourite days. I got so pissed that night ?

I`d been working in Shaftesbury and stuck 5Live on about 4:30 to see how we were getting on at Crawley only to discover what was occurring in Horfield. That last 15 minutes was agony but when it was over I had to park up in a layby on the A303 I was laughing so much. As with a lot of us I guess, my phone then proceeded to go ******* mental with texts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I put  radio Bristol on driving back home ,funny as **** 

• Thanks 1