IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`d been working in Shaftesbury and stuck 5Live on about 4:30 to see how we were getting on at Crawley only to discover what was occurring in Horfield. That last 15 minutes was agony but when it was over I had to park up in a layby on the A303 I was laughing so much. As with a lot of us I guess, my phone then proceeded to go ******* mental with texts!

As I may have mentioned before, for the last 15 minutes I went for a long walk over Rodway Common, with my radio turned off, it wasn't until about 5 past 5 that I plucked up the courage to turn it back on, my thinking being, as far as I'm concerned they are down and until I find out different, that's it, I'll just enjoy the feeling !

If anyone had driven past, they would have seen some idiot ,on his own ,in the middle of a field, dancing, dancing, dancing a jig of sheer delight ! :laughcont:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

As I may have mentioned before, for the last 15 minutes I went for a long walk over Rodway Common, with my radio turned off, it wasn't until about 5 past 5 that I plucked up the courage to turn it back on, my thinking being, as far as I'm concerned they are down and until I find out different, that's it, I'll just enjoy the feeling !

If anyone had driven past, they would have seen some idiot ,on his own ,in the middle of a field, dancing, dancing, dancing a jig of sheer delight ! :laughcont:

I think a lot of jigs of sheer delight were done that afternoon, my wife must have thought I was having a fit I was jigging around that much, she accused me of being childish, guilty as charged!

Edited by pillred
correction
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Was at Crawley watching City, remember we equalised and people were not that bothered. Everyone  was more interested 2nd half with the Rovers game than our own game.

Celebrstions at full time were unbelievable.

The Crawley players were doing a lap around the pitch and some stopped watching what was going on in the away end! The drive home hilarious, listening to the comments on the radio.

44 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I for one think it's damn decent of the Rovers, at a time of no football and not much of anything going on, to slide their soap opera into top gear and provide us with humorous distractions through these quiet days.

Not least of which being Ken Masters' haircut.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I for one think it's damn decent of the Rovers, at a time of no football and not much of anything going on, to slide their soap opera into top gear and provide us with humorous distractions through these quiet days.

Not least of which being Ken Masters' haircut.

He looks like Bobby & Jack Charlton combined! I wonder how long the likeable Mr Starnes will last?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Typical click bait, nothing we didn't know. I was hoping there was going to be an editorial about the on going farce, but in true BP style, don't upset the apple cart, bugger investigative journalism, just take the easy life !

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Typical click bait, nothing we didn't know. I was hoping there was going to be an editorial about the on going farce, but in true BP style, don't upset the apple cart, bugger investigative journalism, just take the easy life !

That's after you have fought your way throug the ads!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yep, a nothing article.

A  bit like the interview 20man did with Masters yesterday - no searching questions at all, 2 or 3 minutes of nothing.

Masters said he left because, as a director, he wouldn't sign off the accounts, that was an opening for 20man to dig into that but he didn't. It was unusual for 20man to miss an opportunity like that, he'd normally be all over it. 

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

That's after you have fought your way throug the ads!

Adblock sorts that out.

https://adblockplus.org/

Edited by bcfc01

21 hours ago, In the Net said:

He is called Brian, so I can understand the confusion regarding who he is.  He's an old Tote Ender, I think he's on Twitter as Tote End Brian (or something similar) - I don't know him personally.  Brian Seymour Smith used to post on there under his own name.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right - happy days! ?

You know you've made it in life when you're referred to as Tote End Brian?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

BP won't rock the boat. They'd be all over it like ants if it were BCFC, make no mistake.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haha, Like you I didn’t even bother checking the scores until 16:40 when I left the supermarket. Checked Citys score on BBC, then decided to look at L2 and the Gas. I remember a strange feeling of slight disappointment seeing they were 1-0 down as I presumed that either Wycombe or Northampton will have let us down (how gutting would that be? Gas lose but so do at least 1 of the other 2)...then I scrolled down the page ?

The next 10 minutes seemed to take an eternity.

Just think Cardiff got relegated that day as well. Until I see us promoted to the Prem that will be one my all time favourite days. I got so pissed that night ?

Knowing how jammy they are I thought even the sags won't cock that up. I tuned in at 4.30pm and started to get mildly excited when I saw the scores and that grew steadily as time seem to stand still so by the time hit 4.50pm I was stood on the sofa shouting at the TV. Outside it was like a carnival, every car that went by was tooting horns. Drivers were slowing down and gleefully informing passers by of the good news.

Happy days!

• Like 6

So Wael & co have increased debts at the Gas from 4m to 24m in the past 4 years, with nothing to show for it. I don't understand why. Could it be that they're making a profit in interest being paid to their other company, and will claim bankruptcy at the Gas, cutting all ties and legging it with a few million in interest? 

11 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

So Wael & co have increased debts at the Gas from 4m to 24m in the past 4 years, with nothing to show for it. I don't understand why. Could it be that they're making a profit in interest being paid to their other company, and will claim bankruptcy at the Gas, cutting all ties and legging it with a few million in interest? 

Nothing to show for it..?!

Umm excuse me..!

Sprinklers. Clean curtains, a state of the art 300 capacity tent, oh and a score board, purchased from SL..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Looks to be heading that way. Sounds as if there's only two people owning/running the club now, Wael and Starnes, the latter who answers to Wael. I think Wael is using the current crisis to his advantage and will become even more of an invisible figure when the future of football is decided. Anyone asking questions has been removed from their positions and there is now a divided supporters base. Those that are blind and cannot see and, those that are aware of what's wrong but, can't do anything anyway, which covers the first group as well. If Wael did turn up, I don't think they'd be carrying him down the Gloucester Rd, well, not triumphantly anyway.

• Like 1