IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

So Wael & co have increased debts at the Gas from 4m to 24m in the past 4 years, with nothing to show for it. I don't understand why. Could it be that they're making a profit in interest being paid to their other company, and will claim bankruptcy at the Gas, cutting all ties and legging it with a few million in interest? 

Impossible, they wouldn't dare, there would be nowhere to hide...........you know the whole world loves the Roverzzzzzzzz !

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Looks to be heading that way. Sounds as if there's only two people owning/running the club now, Wael and Starnes, the latter who answers to Wael. I think Wael is using the current crisis to his advantage and will become even more of an invisible figure when the future of football is decided. Anyone asking questions has been removed from their positions and there is now a divided supporters base. Those that are blind and cannot see and, those that are aware of what's wrong but, can't do anything anyway, which covers the first group as well. If Wael did turn up, I don't think they'd be carrying him down the Gloucester Rd, well, not triumphantly anyway.

is shopping for tar and feathers classed as essential basics ?

Edited by reddoh
removed a second classed
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The debate is still raging over there - eighteen pages of vitriol against one another now. It`s hilarious.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

I'll just pop over.

Be carful though. You never know who might end up seeing your browsing history. 
Can you imagine how humiliated & ashamed Gary Glitter would have been if people had found out he’d been logging onto the Rovers forum...?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/04/2020 at 09:21, wayne allisons tongues said:

Was at Crawley watching City, remember we equalised and people were not that bothered. Everyone  was more interested 2nd half with the Rovers game than our own game.

Celebrstions at full time were unbelievable.

Unbelievable they were indeed, we danced all around that tiny ground.

The look on the Crawley fans faces was priceless 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Unbelievable they were indeed, we danced all around that tiny ground.

The look on the Crawley fans faces was priceless 

A bit like being in the away end when Wycombe relegated them to the basement for the first time..! 
It took Wycombe fans a while to realise why half the away end were so enthusiastic - and they they realised that a good percentage in there were city fans and a sprinkling of Swindon fans, celebrating Rovers demise. 
I can only imagine how magnified that would have been as they crashed out of the entire football league..! 
I’d have been in there again for it, had my new born son not been born a couple of days before and still not released from hospital. 
I left from being with him at about 4:15. Turned on the radio and heard it all unraveling on there, before an impromptu party round my mates hose later that evening! 
My newborn son did get in on the spirit of the day though...! 

E2B294CA-033E-4797-B23B-7DE00CFD2B8F.jpeg

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 11
  • Haha 3

This was a land grab right from the get go, they expected a nice bonus from Sainbury's, once that evaporated it was IMO about getting out with as much face saving as possible, alas no one wants to buy a decrepit old stadium with a team of cloggers thats haemoraging money like it's going out of fashion.

Now they have a ready made excuse as to why the club is going bust, after all they have probably used up the excuses of the council not providing land, turning down none existent planning applications, it's all Lansdown's fault and so on.      

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redcityman said:

This was a land grab right from the get go, they expected a nice bonus from Sainbury's, once that evaporated it was IMO about getting out with as much face saving as possible, alas no one wants to buy a decrepit old stadium with a team of cloggers thats haemoraging money like it's going out of fashion.

Now they have a ready made excuse as to why the club is going bust, after all they have probably used up the excuses of the council not providing land, turning down none existent planning applications, it's all Lansdown's fault and so on.      

**** the Gas the absolute embarrassment to our City!

7 hours ago, redcityman said:

Don`t forget those bastards Wycombe Wanderers - they`re behind all this.

3 hours ago, mattjb said:

I'm starting to worry that the gas will run out of new ways to entertain us , surely one day soon every way possible to embarrass themselves will have been used up.

I often thought similar over the years but, lo and behold, along comes that absolute Circus of silliness with brand new, ingenious ways of making themselves look hilarious on an almost weekly basis.

The gift...

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I often thought similar over the years but, lo and behold, along comes that absolute Circus of dumbfuckery with brand new, ingenious ways of making themselves look hilarious on an almost weekly basis.

The gift...

Yeah you're right,maybe I am worrying about nothing! 

• Like 1

All their woes are down to the tax dodger, the Duke of Guernsey, the rosy cheeked lady garden.

Yep, that's their standard insults :laughcont:

Mind you, the wally with the watch is doing his best to put them out of business.

Hello Pikeys (we know you're there) keep 'em coming :sub:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I often thought similar over the years but, lo and behold, along comes that absolute Circus of Silliness with brand new, ingenious ways of making themselves look hilarious on an almost weekly basis.

The gift...

? I intend to use this word regularly in the future.

Edited by The Gasbuster

55 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

? I intend to use this word regularly in the future.

The original word has been replaced with the word ‘silliness’, I’m guessing by a mod.

Presumably you mean you’re going to use the word ‘Dumb****ery’?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Have they really gone a full day without doing something stupid?

Surely there must be some pictures of hordes of blue and white quartered idiots roaming the streets of Whorefield ignoring the lockdown or something.

They don’t get hordes of blue & white quartered idiots there on a match day. Why would lock down make them turn up..?! ?‍♂️

• Haha 4