IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Here you go:

From the Bristol Post:

"(Tom Gorringe) said: “

"In terms of the infrastructure we’ve three new bars, a new shop, electronic turnstiles, ten new partners, so all of those have been huge projects really given the amount of time we’ve had.

Spurs aside who have built a new stadium this summer, which has been delayed also, there’s probably not another club in the country who has seen the amount of change we have in the summer. The projects I listed earlier, you might see a club attempt one, maybe two of them, not all of them at the same time. All of them work, financially.

This is up there with the 'unlucky da shit' video 

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Conclusive proof they all work financially can be found in their company accounts, where losses are a thing of the past...

Maybe they do before they pay for a London office and Wallys interest for the year.......

27 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Here you go:

From the Bristol Post:

"(Tom Gorringe) said: “

"In terms of the infrastructure we’ve three new bars, a new shop, electronic turnstiles, ten new partners, so all of those have been huge projects really given the amount of time we’ve had.

Spurs aside who have built a new stadium this summer, which has been delayed also, there’s probably not another club in the country who has seen the amount of change we have in the summer. The projects I listed earlier, you might see a club attempt one, maybe two of them, not all of them at the same time. All of them work, financially.

Incredible statement.

Their turd to glitter ratio is still well off though.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This was only 15 years ago - how are they getting on ???? ????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/articles/2005/10/20/rovers_plans.shtml

The comments are hilarious!!!

I wonder what 28 year old James North would think if he re-read this doozie?!?

james north
i think this is a great idea because brisol is now the 4th biggest city in england! it will be great because the new staduim will attract tourist. we need this staduim for cup games extra rugby aswell bristol rugby tem are amense! boo bristol city im only 13 but hey i like leaving comments

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, 22A said:

Oh go on then, the delusion starts 90 seconds in 

“Winner takes all” They said. 
“loser at risk of a final day relegation battle” they said....! 

My phone is rubbish... what is they were singing at the end, at the final whistle...?! 

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

james north
i think this is a great idea because brisol is now the 4th biggest city in england! it will be great because the new staduim will attract tourist. we need this staduim for cup games extra rugby aswell bristol rugby tem are amense! boo bristol city im only 13 but hey i like leaving comments

You'd like to think he'd been on some kind of remedial grammar/punctuation course.  No doubt now their social media guru or head of PR!

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

james north

If he`s still a s*g and not one of the `loyal and true` that`s done a runner in the intervening years, probably the same just with a different age on it.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Winner takes all” They said. 
“loser at risk of a final day relegation battle” they said....! 

My phone is rubbish... what is they were singing at the end, at the final whistle...?! 

Commentator says of Wycombe “it’ll go down to the final day of the season for them”

It did for rovers as well ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

james north

Still a virgin

Living with his mum

Spends all day on his Xbox and all night talking to babestation

On weekends can be found at Bristol bus station headbutting windows of buses

9 hours ago, Gazred said:

The comments are worth a read as well....

Sean Davidson
I think the plans are good but we should put the capacity to 20,000 because i am shor that on big games we have at home we could easly have that amount. because if you look at the johnstone paint final and the play off final we had 40,000 ish so if we choose to upgrad the capacity of the pains I think it would be a grate ider not just as a bristol rovers fan but as a bristol rugby fan!

dan govier
i think the capacity should be 20,000 as of how many went to cardif and wembley. the nicer and bigger the stadium more fans will whant to come.And the club will get more money so we can bring in better players to the team.

josh
i think its a great idea cuz weve been playing in crap stadiums for ages. were a good club its time we have a good stadium

Even back then though, they still had that rare one that comes along now and again switched on...

rovers till i die
we dont sell out enough 4 a new and bigger ground

thought they only took 25000ish to their play off final.

10 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s a totally secure site so no worries. I`ll only pass them on to my business partner, a respectable Nigerian lawyer who needs to move some profits from the diamond mines out of the country.

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Gasheads who are sceptical about Mr Al-Qadi's ability to personally pay the club's monthly staff costs of £ 500 000 must be unaware that his annual dividend income from AJIB last year was close to £ 600 000. 

No problem there then Bert. 

48 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Bert tan how much do they pay for the London office ?

Our former director Mr Turner (previously a business partner of Amos Brearly) told a packed AGM that the London office was costing the club £ 250 000 per year. It has now apparently been closed but since it's existence was always shrouded in mystery we can't  really be sure of that and it could still be functioning surreptitiously disguised as a launderette.

However, one thing which nobody seems to have picked up from the latest accounts is the extraordinary growth in lease commitments. Back in 2016 old Nicholas was on the hook for £ 115K but this grew to £ 511K in 2018 and by 2019 the club had non-cancellable operating lease commitments of  £  850K !   Has Mr Al-Qadi leased each one of the staff a brand new Rover 3.5-Litre Saloon ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Our former director Mr Turner (previously a business partner of Amos Brearly) told a packed AGM that the London office was costing the club £ 250 000 per year. It has now apparently been closed but since it's existence was always shrouded in mystery we can't  really be sure of that and it could still be functioning surreptitiously disguised as a launderette.

However, one thing which nobody seems to have picked up from the latest accounts is the extraordinary growth in lease commitments. Back in 2016 old Nicholas was on the hook for £ 115K but this grew to £ 511K in 2018 and by 2019 the club had non-cancellable operating lease commitments of  £  850K !   Has Mr Al-Qadi leased each one of the staff a brand new Rover 3.5-Litre Saloon ?

Is there perhaps a Lear Jet decked out in blue and white quartered livery squirreled away somewhere in Filton?