IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

54 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

How many St renewals was it? 600? Delusion central never lets us down...

image.thumb.png.f3fbe6206f84a99b544977df6576f323.png

Full house my arse. Suddenly they're going to double their crowds? ? ?

25 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Full house - yeah and first game back we are going to have 45000 down the gate as well...

They`ve outgrown the mem doncha know

Edited by Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

How many St renewals was it? 600? Delusion central never lets us down...

image.thumb.png.f3fbe6206f84a99b544977df6576f323.png

Full house my arse. Suddenly they're going to double their crowds? ? ?

Bless them..! 
A once in a century extra ordinary pandemic situation might, just MIGHT lead to them achieving their own once in a century, extra ordinary situation of having a sell out..! 

Doubtful, still - but when have facts ever gotten in their way..?! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, S25loyal said:

If you are trying to be “funny”, and failing like normal, if it’s in reference to tents they are guy ropes not guide. 

Are they really..? Well there you go! Every day is a school day! 
I stand corrected. 
Thanks, you grumpy, miserable sod..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 09/04/2020 at 23:02, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What does ‘Football with Tradition’ actually mean?

Surely that applies to every club in the football league?

horse punching ,head butting, windows, rascist abuse ,sexually  abusing women, rickets  all things that were common place  in the 19th century .

Edited by Jim Davey

This is what they do! Taken from facebook.

• Dom White The best piece of Bristol Policing I ever witnessed: Rovers came back home. First match at the Mem was sold out but in those days you could watch half the match from outside the ground. All of us Dads were outside the ground watching the game but half way through the second half all of our children started getting fractious and bored and wanted to go home. They were all moaning and mithering so a woman Police officer rounded up the children and locked them in the prison van so we could watch the match in peace, cos as we all know, Rovers fans are very well behaved. I asked a Policeman if he was expecting trouble, he replied, not from you lot, it's the other lot we have trouble with!!!

•  · 2h
    •  
      Rich replied  31 August 1996
      Stockport County
      H
      1–1
      Attendance 6,380. Sold out?

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
    Rich emphasised,  sold out!???????
Edited by Rich
correction
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

• Dom White The best piece of Bristol Policing I ever witnessed: Rovers came back home. First match at the Mem was sold out but in those days you could watch half the match from outside the ground. All of us Dads were outside the ground watching the game but half way through the second half all of our children started getting fractious and bored and wanted to go home. They were all moaning and mithering so a woman Police officer rounded up the children and locked them in the prison van so we could watch the match in peace, cos as we all know, Rovers fans are very well behaved. I asked a Policeman if he was expecting trouble, he replied, not from you lot, it's the other lot we have trouble with!!!

•  · 2h
    •  
      Stockport County
      H
      1–1

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  

It's what they do (something for nothing ) .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

•  · 2h
    •  
      Stockport County
      H
      1–1

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  

I can't remember if it was sold out or not (granted it absolutely should have been) but I would imagine that wasn't far off capacity when we returned (although I stand to be corrected) The ground would have been 3 (possibly even 2) sided then.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I can't remember if it was sold out or not (granted it absolutely should have been) but I would imagine that wasn't far off capacity when we returned (although I stand to be corrected) The ground would have been 3 (possibly even 2) sided then.

Now whilst Wiki isn't always right, it does suggest that would have been a tad over half full....

image.png

1 hour ago, Rich said:

•  · 2h
    •  
      Stockport County
      H
      1–1

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  

Watching from outside?  Literally watching from the pavements........cheapskates!  Proper supporters, mind.....

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Now whilst Wiki isn't always right, it does suggest that would have been a tad over half full....

image.png

I'm pretty sure that Wiki is way out on this occasion. The capacity is still short of that figure for football and considering there were only 2 or 3sides of the ground open for that first game, there was absolutely no way capacity was over 12k that day. We didn't even have any tents back then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As opposed to the 12? Sided monstrosity it is now..?! 

• Haha 1