IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

I thought the person who did it got done in court ?

I work with a Gashead that knows the guy who got done for punching a horse the day they got relegated from the Football League.

I don’t know why any Saghead would think we made it up? Why would you make up punching a horse? They’re ******* massive...

It’s one of the most impressive ‘dumb’ things you can do and they are impressively dumb, there’s no doubt about that. It’s up there with trying to smash a Minibus window with your head or playing a game of ‘Cricket’ that could get you on the Sex Offenders Register.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Re Joe Payne.

This extract has been taken from Wikipedia. If we have any City fans in the Birmingham area, could photos of the plaque be taken and posted on this site (when Boris lifts the lockdown)?

Payne died in Luton on 22 April 1975, aged 61.[10] On 13 April 2006, to mark the 70th anniversary of his 10-goal record, a plaque was unveiled by Geoff Thompson, then chairman of the Football Association, on the wall of the Miner's Arms public house in Manor Road, Brimington Common. The site is adjacent to the now-demolished house where he used to live, and overlooks a park where he played football. The unveiling was attended by two of Payne's nephews.[3][8] A lounge at Kenilworth Road stadium was named in honour of Payne

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

The miracle that is googling.... and paying a £5 subscription to OTIB so I can upload!

Screenshot_20200414-104223_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-104516_Chrome.jpg

If it is the same Brimington, then I think City fans living near Chesterfield might be more able to help....?

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That'll be Wally.

Duane will shift the balance, he'll get his toy to keep.

No, I think it must be the people who will build the new ground and it values Rovers at £ 7.6 million which might be what they think the Mem is worth for development now. 

Hopefully nothing will go wrong in the meantime and their money won't disappear down the drain.