IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

No, I think it must be the people who will build the new ground and it values Rovers at £ 7.6 million which might be what they think the Mem is worth for development now. 

Hopefully nothing will go wrong in the meantime and their money won't disappear down the drain.

Course, it could be the shares the club should have released that their share scheme paid for and have never received.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Course, it could be the shares the club should have released that their share scheme paid for and have never received.

I doubt it they have based the shares being released 1 day after your food voucher arrives just to steal the limelight.

6 hours ago, freezer said:

Interesting. Do you read that rag? 

Yes, where is it? 

The link is above and it includes this:-

Bristol Rovers posted a debt of £24m, two-thirds of which is owed to president Wael Al-Qadi and the club's parent company, Dwane Sports. Rovers' average attendance in League One is 7,520 but they announced losses of £3.4m for last year. One chairman asked: 'How do you get into that much debt in that division?'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I actually hopethey don't go to the wall, what will make us feel beetter about ourselves?

it`s an odd one. Part of me does want them to fold but it would be infinitely funnier if they didn`t but ended up in Conference South - or even more amusing, end up like Gloucester City and get put in Conference North due to geography!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

it`s an odd one. Part of me does want them to fold but it would be infinitely funnier if they didn`t but ended up in Conference South - or even more amusing, end up like Gloucester City and get put in Conference North due to geography!

I want them gone! Never liked 'em and never will. 

Don't ever forget that they were more than happy to see the end of us back in '82...

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I want them gone! Never liked 'em and never will. 

Don't ever forget that they were more than happy to see the end of us back in '82...

Oh I get that -  they acted like the ground stealing vultures we all knew them to be. Never forgive, never forget.

For entertainment value though seeing them lose in front of 500 to the likes of Concord Rangers and St. Albans City ………...………............

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Oh I get that -  they acted like the ground stealing vultures we all knew them to be. Never forgive, never forget.

For entertainment value though seeing them lose in front of 500 to the likes of Concord Rangers and St. Albans City ………...………............

I agree there would be massive entertainment value, however there are plenty of other things in this life to make you smile (admittedly not quite so many at the moment).

For me, never miss an opportunity to stick it to the Blue Few for one big final time...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I agree there would be massive entertainment value, however there are plenty of other things in this life to make you smile (admittedly not quite so many at the moment).

For me, never miss an opportunity to stick it to the Blue Few for one big final time...

There could be Teds in the away end at their final game, who knows?

11 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Imagine the party in the 3 Lions on the day they go pop? :drunk2:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There could be Teds in the away end at their final game, who knows?

Ashamed to admit that I went to their last ever game at Eastville. Sat in a sparsely populated away end on a sunny afternoon IIRC. I'd go again though for a final game, although I don't really like funerals...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Have you got the link?

Obviously total Fake News from the Daily Fail.......they've included a photo that states that "THIS GROUND IS A MEMORIAL".  Of course, we all remember when the Pikeys were trying to flog the Mem off they were insistent that it's only the gates that are a memorial to the fallen.  Couldn't have picked a better photo to slot into a national paper myself  ?

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 11.57.23.png

• Like 3