IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Same old g*s, streets ahead of us. We`d have to unbolt all ours. Poor planning from the stadium designers - they should have foreseen this situation like they did at the mem.

How can we possibly hope to compete with a club so far ahead of the game?

I know it's a tough ask but, if it's football or rugby, I'm sure we can just about manage. ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Nice to see Wycombe in the window of the chippy, they really are their nemesis club....such a ragbag collection of supporters, too. Not exactly moved forward in that time, have they?  Compare what we've done in that time......and that's why really, and deep down they know it too, there really is ONLY ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL.

Yet they still argue that because there is only 1 division between us that SL has basically wasted his money, such a short sighted argument

22 hours ago, 42nite said:

Their players were out delivering goody bags to vulnerable gas supporters yesterday.

Fair play.?

Bump this up incase it was missed, Players delivering food and stuff to their fans in need......:clap:

Edited by glos old boy

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yet they still argue that because there is only 1 division between us that SL has basically wasted his money, such a short sighted argument

There’s only one division between us and Liverpool, so we are basically European champions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

35th in the country? ? Based on what?

Numbers? No. They’re not even top 10 in League 1. They averaged only 700 last season despite challenging at the top of the division until Christmas. That’s a lower average than every Championship club for a start, let alone Premier League.

Passion? How many away games do they actually sell out their full allocation for each season? Perhaps 1 or 2 ?

Probably one of those meaningless Facebook surveys carried out by ‘Away Days’ or one of the other pages infested by Sagheads telling everyone how great they are all the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

35th in the country? ? Based on what?

Numbers? No. They’re not even top 10 in League 1. They averaged only 700 last season despite challenging at the top of the division until Christmas. That’s a lower average than every Championship club for a start, let alone Premier League.

Passion? How many away games do they actually sell out their full allocation for each season? Perhaps 1 or 2 ?

Probably one of those meaningless Facebook surveys carried out by ‘Away Days’ or one of the other pages infested by Sagheads telling everyone how great they are all the time.

It`ll be the old chestnut that they dredge up every time - percentage of home support.

Sorry saggies, all that statistic means is not that your away support is something wonderful but that your home support is shite.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`ll be the old chestnut that they dredge up every time - percentage of home support.

Sorry saggies, all that statistic means is not that your away support is something wonderful but that your home support is shite.

Oh yeah....I forgot about that. **** sake! If only our home support could fall to 11k so that we could boast about taking 10% of our home crowds to away matches.

DAMN YOU SEASON TICKET HOLDERS!

• Haha 3

From their deluded site:

It is weird.

Our away support is very good, but our home support is below par.

Other than the DC era our home support since I’ve been supporting has been avg 7000ish if we’re lucky - usually below that!. Especially considered we’ve taken 40K to Cardiff, 44k to Wembley, 30K for a conference final at Wembley. I know they’re big days, and we’ve got a sh**e stadium but it’s our sh**e stadium.

I'm sure those quoted number are somewhat exaggerated!

5 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

From their deluded site:

It is weird.

Other than the DC era our home support since I’ve been supporting has been avg 7000ish if we’re lucky - usually below that!. Especially considered we’ve taken 40K to Cardiff, 44k to Wembley, 30K for a conference final at Wembley. I know they’re big days, and we’ve got a sh**e stadium but it’s our sh**e stadium.

those figures get bigger every time they're mentioned 

29 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

here's some light reading, it's like a comedy of errors wrapped up in a tissue of lies and fantasy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26544326

So they got permission to make the Mem bigger in 2007, but got greedy and all these visits to Downing Street and high courts, surely that would’ve cost more than this extension and would have their ground already? 

what

59 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

From their deluded site:

It is weird.

Jesus Christ!

How the hell do they think they managed to take 44k to Wembley when the middle tier wasn’t open? I’ve only ever seen one ‘official’ figure for the number of Gasheads at the Shrewsbury Play Off Final, it was for ‘number of tickets sold’ and if iirc it was on the Rovers Official Website and was around 38,000.

Millenium Stadium’s capacity is 73,000 and there’s no way they had 40k there for that.

Everyone knows their ticket sales stalled around the 26/27k mark for what was effectively the most important game in their history against Grimsby.

Of course, us, Swindon and the Gas went to Wembley in 2015 and that gives me a good excuse to post this picture again.

75930B7C-AFF1-454F-BDD8-9124C6B3FB1C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

55 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Jesus Christ!

How the hell do they think they managed to take 44k to Wembley when the middle tier wasn’t open? I’ve only ever seen one ‘official’ figure for the number of Gasheads at the Shrewsbury Play Off Final, it was for ‘number of tickets sold’ and if iirc it was on the Rovers Official Website and was around 38,000.

Millenium Stadium’s capacity is 73,000 and there’s no way they had 40k there for that.

Everyone knows their ticket sales stalled around the 26/27k mark for what was effectively the most important game in their history against Grimsby.

Of course, us, Swindon and the Gas went to Wembley in 2015 and that gives me a good excuse to post this picture again.

In fairness to Swindon there were no trains running to London on that week end which put many fans off along with the reputation of the opponents they were up against who caused lots of trouble to innocent fans even though they won

Edited by Shaun Taylor

12 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

In fairness to Swindon there were no trains running to London on that week end which put many fans off along with the reputation of the opponents they were up against who caused lots of trouble to innocent fans even though they won

Preston? I never thought they were like that, they`ve always seemed a decent enough bunch to me. Were there a lot of day trippers perhaps?

Having said that, do I vaguely remember there being some unpleasantness at your game up there towards the end of the season?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Preston? I never thought they were like that, they`ve always seemed a decent enough bunch to me. Were there a lot of day trippers perhaps?

Having said that, do I vaguely remember there being some unpleasantness at your game up there towards the end of the season?

Apologies to Preston fans there were no problems against them in 2015 It was Millwall I was thinking of in 2010. There were no trains to London that week end though.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Jesus Christ!

If I new how to do it I would post that on lockout central .

3 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

here's some light reading, it's like a comedy of errors wrapped up in a tissue of lies and fantasy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26544326

It really is unbelievable how many times they`ve had planning permission granted for something that never ends up being built.

And yet they still blame Bristol CC for a lot of their woes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It really is unbelievable how many times they`ve had planning permission granted for something that never ends up being built.

And yet they still blame Bristol CC for a lot of their woes.

They've never submitted a planning application to BCC for a new stadium. They did submit for a "redevelopment" at the rugby ground. Surprisingly, a lot of the councillors on the planning committee were replaced at the eleventh hour, by councillors supportive of the plans. The EP was actively supporting the plans and, had a Rovers supporter as the main reporter of those developments. She was later employed by Rovers as their press officer, I believe working closely with Dennis Payter (another Rovers supporter) who worked for the EP. The plan was passed, yet was expected to be refused, I wonder why? They never submitted plans for Severnside, they never submitted plans for Hengrove (stupid), the plans they did put together for Carson's Green (South Glos), were laughed at as it was on Greenbelt with no infrastructure improvements included and, the UWE (South Glos) got permission yet has never got off the ground, yet they constantly blame Bristol City Council, for not getting them a ground.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

They've never submitted a planning application to BCC for a new stadium. They did submit for a "redevelopment" at the rugby ground. Surprisingly, a lot of the councillors on the planning committee were replaced at the eleventh hour, by councillors supportive of the plans. The EP was actively supporting the plans and, had a Rovers supporter as the main reporter of those developments. She was later employed by Rovers as their press officer, I believe working closely with Dennis Payter (another Rovers supporter) who worked for the EP. The plan was passed, yet was expected to be refused, I wonder why? They never submitted plans for Severnside, they never submitted plans for Hengrove (stupid), the plans they did put together for Carson's Green (South Glos), were laughed at as it was on Greenbelt with no infrastructure improvements included and, the UWE (South Glos) got permission yet has never got off the ground, yet they constantly blame Bristol City Council, for not getting them a ground.

The thing is, the tentacles of the giant squid Lansdown reach into every nook and cranny and his life is dedicated entirely to thwarting them at every turn.

That`s what they believe anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2