IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The thing is, the tentacles of the giant squid Lansdown reach into every nook and cranny and his life is dedicated entirely to thwarting them at every turn.

That`s what they believe anyway.

If that ever came to be true, he'd have the freedom of the city for ridding this city of a dreaded plague, just like the pied piper. In reality from what I've seen, they need no help at all. They make all their own decisions and get what they deserve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

They've never submitted a planning application to BCC for a new stadium. They did submit for a "redevelopment" at the rugby ground. Surprisingly, a lot of the councillors on the planning committee were replaced at the eleventh hour, by councillors supportive of the plans. The EP was actively supporting the plans and, had a Rovers supporter as the main reporter of those developments. She was later employed by Rovers as their press officer, I believe working closely with Dennis Payter (another Rovers supporter) who worked for the EP. The plan was passed, yet was expected to be refused, I wonder why? They never submitted plans for Severnside, they never submitted plans for Hengrove (stupid), the plans they did put together for Carson's Green (South Glos), were laughed at as it was on Greenbelt with no infrastructure improvements included and, the UWE (South Glos) got permission yet has never got off the ground, yet they constantly blame Bristol City Council, for not getting them a ground.

hengrove and carsons green ? cant remember either.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember Hengrove vaguely - I believe we thought about building a new ground out that way a good few years back (80s maybe?)

Yep, wasn’t that gonna be on the old Whitchurch airfield? I thought that was a great idea, having a ground surrounded by Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Withywood, Whitchurch, Hengrove and Brislington .... away fans would have rated it as more horrible than a trip to the Den! It would defo have been a fortress! Can you imagine the ‘welcome’ any away fan would have received in the pubs around there back in the 80s?!?! 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, wasn’t that gonna be on the old Whitchurch airfield? I thought that was a great idea, having a ground surrounded by Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Withywood, Whitchurch, Hengrove and Brislington .... away fans would have rated it as more horrible than a trip to the Den! It would defo have been a fortress! Can you imagine the ‘welcome’ any away fan would have received in the pubs around there back in the 80s?!?! 

I would have felt more nervous as a home fan than an away fan!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In addition to all of this can you honestly imagine a new Sag stadium slap bang in the middle of the south Bristol heartland of City support? How long would it have taken until some of our "less reputable" "followers" felt the irresistible temptation to "tamper" with the new home of the Blue Few?

Another absolutely ridiculous Blue Few "pie in the sky" notion that fell flat on its ass...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

In addition to all of this can you honestly imagine a new Sag stadium slap bang in the middle of the south Bristol heartland of City support? How long would it have taken until some of our "less reputable" "followers" felt the irresistible temptation to "tamper" with the new home of the Blue Few?

Another absolutely ridiculous Blue Few "pie in the sky" notion that fell flat on its ass...

The same would happen if they moved down to the Fruit Market. 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And their team if they did (442)

Turnip

Broccoli Swede Parsnip Cabbage

Sprout Carrot Cauliflower Bean

Lemon   Kale

That lot would put their current team to shame.

Surely they'd have a Leak in defence and more than one lemon up front? After each defeat, it would be sour grapes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

What a bitter report, talk about entitled. What he fails to grasp is that we have always (the post 82 years aside) been able to pay for anything we`ve wanted to do whereas they expect someone else to stump up the cash and let them have the ground for nothing.

They really don`t get it and I suspect they never will.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What a bitter report, talk about entitled. What he fails to grasp is that we have always (the post 82 years aside) been able to pay for anything we`ve wanted to do whereas they expect someone else to stump up the cash and let them have the ground for nothing.

Would it shock you to the core to find out that the person who wrote that piece was Jim Gwinnell, a Saghead who wrote for When Saturday Comes?

No, me neither.

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And their team if they did (442)

Turnip

Broccoli Swede Parsnip Cabbage

Sprout Carrot Cauliflower Bean

Lemon   Kale

That lot would put their current team to shame.

I just think their whole team would be a bunch of cabbages...

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Would it shock you to the core to find out that the person who wrote that piece was Jim Gwinnell, a Saghead who wrote for When Saturday Comes?

No, me neither.

Yeah. TBF he does make that clear in the intro as does the other guy, the Vale fan.

Of the two, it does seem Vale have been a bit shabbily treated, the s*gs, not so much.

43 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

All they have ever wanted is for the council to identify a plot of land suitable for a stadium then for the council to donate said plot grant planning permission and donate funds for the build the lot of them are bitter and twisted that this has never happened thick as shite the lot of them newsflash you aint got none never had none and never will have any even if wally sold his really really expensive watch

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pongo88 said:

What a load of Bollocks. When BRFC approached  the city council about Hengrove, they were told it wasn't a good idea because of it's location within the BCFC heartland. They never questioned that and never submitted an application. If they did, it would have had to be accompanied by a financial plan, end of application.

The Severnside plan as such was suggested by Rovers with them agreeing in principle to buy the council owned land for £1. They employed consultants to carry out a feasibility study, at a cost of £100k. At the end of that study, the "expert" consultants asked the environment agency if the site was suitable for a stadium due to the close proximity of chemical works and other industrial sites. The Environment Agency informed them that it was not a suitable site. Who's at fault for not asking that question first? According to BRFC, the council, end of application.

All they ever want to do is pass on the blame to somebody else, they always have done it's in their make up.

The difference with the two clubs is, we'd pay for our new ground, they want someone else to pay for their new ground.

As for the council, they bent over backwards and the rules to allow the development of the rugby ground for BRFC. As far as BCFC were concerned it appears they did their very best to hinder the clubs plans, from supermarket refusals to appointing QCs with a history of upholding TVG applications.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Actually, we haven't. Steve Lansdown has. 

Without him, we'd be... We'll, them..! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Haha, no.

We've never been ‘them’ even before SL came along.

They often claim that the only difference between us and them is Steve Lansdown but it’s not, our mentality and ambition has always been on a different, much higher level than Rovers. That’s why we get the Dolmans and the Lansdowns and they get the Wallys.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually, we haven't. Steve Lansdown has. 

Only the recent developments. Lansdown had nothing to do with the Atyeo or Dolman stands, both still integral parts of our current stadium and more than BRFC have built in their lifetime.

• Like 2