IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Well....aren't there some absolute gems in there?!

Aside from the obvious ones about money - is he a millionaire, billionaire, neither..?  Never has the term 'these things take time' blanketed so many issues.  New ground?  Ummm.......New academy?.......Ummm.........Improved commercial stream?......Ummm.  And that's just 3.

My personal favourite was 'let's see if they're so smug when we pass them in the league'.  If they'd just like to take a moment and remind us all how they're doing with that.........Ummmmm........thought so.

Just a complete laughing stock, always have been, always will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Twas ever thus eh!!!

By chance t'other day I came cross this comment in David Woods' "The Modern Era - A Complete Record" about the Stoke / Cheesley's knee game in '76. The attendance was eventually recorded as 25,316 but the author's 2 line summation of the game begins: "A phantom turnstile perhaps as an attendance of 32,537 is originally announced?" ? 

32,000? For a game against Stoke? In Bristol? Even following a win at Arsenal, and a 65 year wait, the good people of Bristol are not that daft/desperate/short of things to do/into football/willing to part with their cash. 

Blimey, talk about low expectations. 1,000 is now 'great support'! This gashead has to be taking the piss surely?

axegas

axegas Avatar

Axe.
Member is Online

Posting Level

4 hours ago baggins and Big Jock like this
Post Options

Post by axegas on 4 hours ago

1000 now sold according to the club, who have decided to pledge the same amount of tickets to NHS staff next season.

Great support from Gasheads and a fantastic gesture from Rovers. :)
Edited by Ska Junkie

daniel300380
Club Legend

daniel300380 Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 669 posts
Feb 19, 2016 at 3:13pm via mobile RoverDrive likes this
Post Options

Post by daniel300380 on Feb 19, 2016 at 3:13pm

therovers Avatar
because it sounds like the gas have been bought by rich Arabs and you ARE gutted!! You KNOW you are!!!

FTG

Rich Arabs who are still worth less than our very own rich bristolian

According to itv they are worth over £1.4 billion now. Plus that's rising all the time by the looks of it. So not a lot in it. Will level the playing field long term.

What number is Tilson on their record transfer list now? I mean these billionaires have surely levelled the field now with their playing budgets and signings?

Antonio Fargas

Antonio Fargas Avatar

Posting Level

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:22pm St Austell Gas and warehamgas like this
Post Options

Post by Antonio Fargas on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:22pm

Good deal. Said all the right things. If they wanted to **** about and play the football chairman they would have bought 40% of some team like Yeovil. Instead they bought all the shares they could (it seems) and talked about steady development and investment in the future, and are clearly going to build the UWE (not sure how people got the impression they might not).

How's this one getting on???

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just remind me, how long did it take the amateur sleuths of OTIB to establish the true extent of Wally`s actual wealth by dint of a quick bit of Googling? About a day wasn`t it?

We did try to tell them but did they listen? 

NO! No I'm not having that.

Despite the press histrionics and the hilarious claims of one BRFC  staff member that the new owners had 'more money than God', I think it took almost 48 hours for OTIB members to clearly establish beyond doubt that the hundreds of millions of pounds worth of Assets Under Management were the property of the bank's customers and not that of the Al Quadi family, who, it was found, have a few quid tucked away but nowt to get excited about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dazy07 said:

See Rovers have now furloughed their players. To be fair all of football will change after this 

Furloughed their "players"..? Are you sure about that..? Or just the non playing staff..? 

I'm not sure the Furlough scheme is meant for people who are probably earning £70-100k+ per year..! Even if they do get it capped at £2.5k per month. 

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

? Had literally just read that.

Screenshot_20200421-152302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e0a25b0ec5193e5f3f3f10080789c15c.jpg

So, let me take a moment for this to sink in. According to delusion central;

1) They have had the same amount of stadium improvements as Spurs.

2) They are bigger than Norwich City.

3) Shrewsbury are Tin Pot.

4) They have something in common with Manchester City.

Just where do they get this "information" from? Or is this just plain gaslogic.

In reality though;

1) They have had the same amount of stadium improvements as swindle.

2) They are bigger than - shock horror - nobody.

3) Actually its the sags that are Tin Pot.

4) They have nothing whatsoever in common with Manchester City, more likely its Chester City.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Furloughed their "players"..? Are you sure about that..? Or just the non playing staff..? 

I'm not sure the Furlough scheme is meant for people who are probably earning £70-100k+ per year..! Even if they do get it capped at £2.5k per month. 

Includes players yes. 

Furlough is for anyone, but youre right it's capped at £2.5k per month. Bristol Rovers are topping up their wages to the full amount. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The furlough scheme isn’t in place for the individual really it’s meant for the company to help them keep going, the individuals salary to some extent is irrelevant.  Even if you earn £5k before tax per month (£60k per year) then half of that being paid by furlough scheme is 50% help so why wouldn’t you use this?

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

9 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just remind me, how long did it take the amateur sleuths of OTIB to establish the true extent of Wally`s actual wealth by dint of a quick bit of Googling? About a day wasn`t it?

We did try to tell them but did they listen? 

For me? About 19 minutes after the take over

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I earn more then some of the rovers first team,

some are on as little as 700 quid a week

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I earn more then some of the rovers first team,

some are on as little as 700 quid a week

Yeah, but you're probably better at football too, so that's only fair..! 

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The furlough scheme isn’t in place for the individual really it’s meant for the company to help them keep going, the individuals salary to some extent is irrelevant.  Even if you earn £5k before tax per month (£60k per year) then half of that being paid by furlough scheme is 50% help so why wouldn’t you use this?

Yes, that's true. 

• Haha 3