IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Has to be ‘Unlucky da shit’ for me, still makes me laugh.

Closely followed by the ‘Thatcher years, two divorces, sob sob’ one but there doesn’t seem to be a recording of that anywhere unfortunately. 

the blue glass thing with the wrong team name for me. how can you not know who you are playing??

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Keith Walwyn - he was a fantastic player at the lower levels - 119 goals in 245 games for York. Tragically died at the age of 47...

Played alongside John Byrne, who went on to better things. They had John McPhail at the back, too; McPhail and Byrne played all 46 games that season, Walwyn 45.

Managed by Denis Smith, of course, who bought Keith Houchen in the March deadline. Smith had already signed the 16 year old Marco Gabbiadini, but I don't think he played until the following season.

And Ricky Sbragia was part of that York team, and that's a name that sticks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Radio Bristol post-relegation reaction: 

https://vocaroo.com/3STeE9fJlGE

You are an absolute Legend.

Im going to sit back and enjoy that later with some Cider whilst my wife watches some shit on the telly.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

This gets better every time I hear it.

Surely some impressario can transform this gem of a recording into a blockbuster movie, a stage-play, musical or TV series.

Can anyone suggest a (suitably embarrassing) title?

The TV series from the 60s All Gas and Gaitors was not about them.

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Selling tickets for the non-existent row M does it for me. That and the poster who went on the Man City forum pleading for them to love the g*s more than us.

We do need a comprehensive list somewhere.

Head butting a minibus window or punching a horse both deserve to be on that list. The Sainsbury’s boycott and the claims of the watertight contract as well. 

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Radio Bristol post-relegation reaction: 

https://vocaroo.com/3STeE9fJlGE

Thank you for posting the link, I really enjoyed listening. I recall that I was at home in Hereford and couldn't get radio Bristol - I got the news about Rovers's relegation from Sky TV reports

I celebrated with the bottle of Bristol City branded champagne that my nephew/godson bought for my 60th birthday. I reflected that if it wasn't a City promotion to the promised land, Rovers being relegated to the Conference was well worthy of celebration. As I drank I recalled how in 1982 I contributed in my own small way to the survival of the club by purchasing shares which I could ill afford. I reflected on  the fact that the Rovers created difficulties that without their objections would have otherwise led to potential financial support from the Council.... then their trying to grab our ground (they're well practised at that).

It was karma, a horrible club and horrible fans. I always support teams in difficulties across the football world... but the Rovers are something different.

Listening to the link has brought a smile to my face during these troubled times  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

6 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

If someone could set up a poll to find out what we think is the funniest laugh we've had at the Rovers expense that would be great.

May I nominate:

1) Mansfield playing last game of 2014 season in a kit borrowed from Rovers

2) The signing of Matty Taylor

3) Any other suggestion

4) Any other suggestion.

FWIW, I'd vote 2) all day long. It still makes me laugh!  

No 3 has got to be carrying the messiah down Gloucester Road 

6 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

If someone could set up a poll to find out what we think is the funniest laugh we've had at the Rovers expense that would be great.

May I nominate:

3) Any other suggestion

4) Any other suggestion.

Anything Henbury Ass claims to have seen (all true by the way)

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Keith Walwyn - he was a fantastic player at the lower levels - 119 goals in 245 games for York. Tragically died at the age of 47...

Why a ‘confused’ reaction to this post @neil.templar@hotmail.com ??!! Seems a strange reaction! Confused about his goal scoring record? Or confused about his passing?! 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wally selling the Mem from under them and hot footing it back to the middle east is going to take some beating.  It surely has to happen ?

No, it definitely won’t happen, because they’ve always told us that Mr Lansdown will lose interest in Bristol City and they’ve told us he will take his money and bugger off - it will happen because they said so ... surely they couldn’t know this without realising their very own billionaire owner will do it first? Surely? ....

8 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

May I nominate:

3) Any other suggestion

4) Any other suggestion.

Oh, this one for me, all day long .... if you ever need a laugh ... ???? So much class at that club ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

May I nominate:

3) Any other suggestion

4) Any other suggestion.

.....and don’t forget the (very timely) last ever game at their spiritual home - Eastville. It was 34 years ago tomorrow:

April 26th 1986 - Bristol Roverzzzz 1 Chesterfield 1

Last ever game at Eastville

Attendance: 3,576

Yep, ‘loyal and true’ ladies and gentleman .... ?????✌️?

• Like 2