IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He would just turn it into another branch of Sports Direct.

That’ll be handy for Gasheads to get their favourite Slazenger gear without having to catch the bus up to Cribbs.

Bit of Pierre Cardin for away matches when they want to show off their best clobber.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’ll be handy for Gasheads to get their favourite Slazenger gear without having to catch the bus up to Cribbs.

Bit of Pierre Cardin for away matches when they want to show off their best clobber.

Come on be fair, I’m sure they’re split 50/50 between Slazenger and Lonsdale.

• Haha 1

On 26/04/2020 at 09:21, Miah Dennehy said:

It seems increasingly likely that many clubs will not be able to survive the current crisis and - sadly for me-  Rovers would appear to be one of those at serious risk.

What will become of this thread if we do go?  You need to start thinking of your exit strategy, would it become the 'Cardiff dustbin thread' or will you wait to see if a 'phoenix' Rovers starts up and start hating them instead?

Personally. I'm beginning to see the upside of this scenario. I can continue disliking City and laughing to myself when they fail without having Rovers ******* it all up for me by, well just by being Rovers really,

All jokes aside, do you think that this current crisis will see the packing up of the circus tents for good.

Could this be an opportunity for a certain Bristol business man to swoop in and purchase the final piece of the Bristol sporting jigsaw, hmmmmmmm.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

All jokes aside, do you think that this current crisis will see the packing up of the circus tents for good.

Could this be an opportunity for a certain Bristol business man to swoop in and purchase the final piece of the Bristol sporting jigsaw, hmmmmmmm.

And what would that be....? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Mike Ashley is looking for an EFL club to buy apparently. If he bought them and then they were relegated perhaps the newspaper headline would be "Ashley Down"........I'll get me coat

The man who admitted making many of his business decisions whilst drunk, to a commons select committee. Ideal owner for them, another marriage made in heaven.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Mike Ashley is looking for an EFL club to buy apparently. If he bought them and then they were relegated perhaps the newspaper headline would be "Ashley Down"........I'll get me coat

To be fair, they could do a lot worse.

Newcastle fans seem to have a sense of entitlement i have never really understood, and Ashley seemed to want the club to be sustainable.

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Newcastle fans seem to have a sense of entitlement i have never really understood, and Ashley seemed to want the club to be sustainable.

Yes, but he could do a lot better.

He really wants a club that's gone into administration so that he can buy them cheaply with no big debt to clear.

He'd also want a club with a high level of support in the recent past - Bolton, Derby, Sunderland, Middlesborough or Forest perhaps.  Or us if we got into financial difficulty and went into administration (not going to happen).

Rovers have low crowds, high debts and owners not in financial distress who are going to want back what they paid for the club.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Rovers have low crowds, high debts and owners not in financial distress who are going to want back what they paid for the club.

Ye YEAH BUT right you jelus SHITHEAD da Gas av got da famus kwarterz an dEY got Irene an dEY took 60000 to Wembly

Welcome to Horfield Mr Ashley!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The sense of entitlement comes from being the biggest club in the North East with 60,000 filling the ground every other , normal, week .

They must have the same sense of frustration and underachievement that we felt in the third division which is a division we were too big to have been in .

In fairness the supporters deserve better treatment than what they’ve experienced over the years . Still it is funny ! 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The sense of entitlement comes from being the biggest club in the North East with 60,000 filling the ground every other , normal, week .

They must have the same sense of frustration and underachievement that we felt in the third division which is a division we were too big to have been in .

In fairness the supporters deserve better treatment than what they’ve experienced over the years . Still it is funny ! 

It is. But aside from sizeable crowds, they refuse to acknowledge they are a less successful Ipswich Town who have won more than they have.

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ashley misses the point . Without dreams or romance in football , sport or life in general why bother ? 

Life doesn’t just consist of a healthy balance sheet. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ashley misses the point . Without dreams or romance in football , sport or life in general why bother ? 

I bet Portsmouth  fans would disagree .

22 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ye YEAH BUT right you jelus SHITHEAD da Gas av got da famus kwarterz an dEY got Irene an dEY took 60000 to Wembly

Gonna take some strong boys to carry Ashley down Gloucester Rd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You can have all of that and as long as it is backed up by a company making at least some profit every year then you keep having those dreams and romance forever rather than regularly going through the hoop.

No 1982 for us.

No 2014 for Rovers.

No Bury or Bolton last year.

etc.

33 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:
36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I bet Portsmouth  fans would disagree .

I am not saying that you  shouldn’t have a healthy balance sheet but that shouldn’t be the ‘ be all and end all ‘ . 

You can dream of , and work your way to glory within a healthy framework, ask Uncle Steve . 

Ashley at Newcastle is the owner equivalent of Pulis at City . He has made the club toxic. 

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am not saying that you  shouldn’t have a healthy balance sheet but that shouldn’t be the ‘ be all and end all ‘ . 

You can dream of , and work your way to glory within a healthy framework, ask Uncle Steve . 

Ashley at Newcastle is the owner equivalent of Pulis at City . He has made the club toxic. 

I'm in the what do they expect group tbh. Debt free prem club. Should be careful what they wish for imo.

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I know a lifelong Newcastle Fan that I meet up with a couple of times a year and we always obviously talk some football.

Whilst we may have our moans (me: LJ, him: Ashley) we're both overall fine with how the clubs are being run; partly because he's looking at Sunderland and I'm looking at Rovers and we're both thinking how lucky we are compared to them.

He wouldn't describe it as being "toxic". 

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If you listen to the glorious relegation phone in, in the space of 2 callers their Wembley crowd went from 40k to 45k.....by the end of the phone in, they'd have made out they had the entire stadium to themselves!!

#deludedfools

• Haha 2

• Admin
On 19/03/2020 at 00:15, Bristol Rob said:

The Fewers have a thread about what City players they have previously admired, and in the name of self distancing solidarity, I will offer up a name of one of theirs.

Barry Hayles.

I know Ward was interested in buying him but was deemed as a non starter (we got Soren Anderson and Tony Thorpe instead - as told to me by Scott Davidson) but what former Fewers would you have been delighted with?

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16097/liked?page=1

You may be interested in this @Bristol Rob taken from https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/i-left-heavy-heart-barry-4082150

image.png

• Like 2