IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, 77 punk said:

when you can see a relegation happening it is very painful but then you accept it ,rovers never saw it coming so the shock is massive ,that was one of the most hilarious days of my football life

It was even better than just not seeing it coming, they`d actually celebrated avoiding it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

On 30/04/2020 at 16:03, Major Isewater said:

My son who , to my eternal shame , is a loyal Newcastle fan doesn’t share your friend’s opinion.

How many Toon supporters want Ashley to stay ?  

Not many, that’s how many .

As has benn proved many times in Football, be careful what you wish for.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I apologise. I'll buy you a pint at the next Bristol derby :)

I think you might find youselve's stood inside some pearly gates being served Thatchers Gold by a couple of angels when that happens.

Assuming that you both qualify for entry, of course.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, 77 punk said:

when you can see a relegation happening it is very painful but then you accept it ,rovers never saw it coming so the shock is massive ,that was one of the most hilarious days of my football life

and just a few weeks earlier they were talking about getting in the play offs.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

and just a few weeks earlier they were talking about getting in the play offs.

Correct, although I think it was a little bit earlier. Around the time we lost 3-0 at Sheffield Utd they either beat or drew with Southend at home on a Friday night, I remember the Slags I work with over the moon that we were DEFINITELY going to be swapping divisions at the end of the season. 

More superb predictions from the blue few...and they wonder why we take the piss out of them so much?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Correct, although I think it was a little bit earlier. Around the time we lost 3-0 at Sheffield Utd they either beat or drew with Southend at home on a Friday night, I remember the Slags I work with over the moon that we were DEFINITELY going to be swapping divisions at the end of the season. 

More superb predictions from the blue few...and they wonder why we take the piss out of them so much?

You`d think, given all the times it`s happened to them, they would be aware of the old proverb `pride (or in s*g speak, unlucky da shit) comes before a fall` but evidently not!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You`d think, given all the times it`s happened to them, they would be aware of the old proverb `pride (or in s*g speak, unlucky da shit) comes before a fall` but evidently not!

After the Sheffield Utd defeat, when we were apparently doomed to relegation according to the Sags, we won 26 more points that season. Rovers only managed 12 points in the same time period. 

I think they ended up getting relegated, but I’m not sure?

Edit: just looked it up, it wasn’t Southend they played, it was Burton who they beat at home. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

After the Sheffield Utd defeat, when we were apparently doomed to relegation according to the Sags, we won 26 more points that season. Rovers only managed 12 points in the same time period. 

I think they ended up getting relegated, but I’m not sure?

Edit: just looked it up, it wasn’t Southend they played, it was Burton who they beat at home. 

think they also thought they were coming for us early in the season when we beat them 2 1 at Ashton gate ,vaguely remember someone phoning in on radio Bristol saying that they should of won and they were loads better than us blah blah blah were coming for you tick tock and all that sh7t .

35 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

think they also thought they were coming for us early in the season when we beat them 2 1 at Ashton gate ,vaguely remember someone phoning in on radio Bristol saying that they should of won and they were loads better than us blah blah blah were coming for you tick tock and all that sh7t .

My brother in law got all shirty on Facebook after that match, his status about how unlucky the Gas were ended with the line “see you next season SHITHEADS”.

Funnily enough, despite living nearby, didn’t see him at all for about 5 months after 3/5/2014.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They are a very strange bunch, they’d prefer City to lose rather than their own mob to win, it’s quite interesting and strange - I remember Holloway being interviewed on TV when he was the sags’ manager, they’d just got dicked at home and he said something along the lines of “I’m not bothered cos City lost today...” - unbelievable, and then the Darrell Clarke “happy days” comment when he learned during an interview that we’d lost - they revel in our defeats more than they celebrate their victories - it’s a strange and very weird stance to take and believe in ... it won’t get them anywhere, but they surely must have realised that by now ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They are a very strange bunch, they’d prefer City to lose rather than their own mob to win, it’s quite interesting and strange - I remember Holloway being interviewed on TV when he was the sags’ manager, they’d just got dicked at home and he said something along the lines of “I’m not bothered cos City lost today...” - unbelievable, and then the Darrell Clarke “happy days” comment when he learned during an interview that we’d lost - they revel in our defeats more than they celebrate their victories - it’s a strange and very weird stance to take and believe in ... it won’t get them anywhere, but they surely must have realised that by now ...

A sag on a site i was working on said to me not so long ago that he would genuinely have another season out of the football league in the conference if it meant we were down there with them. Unbelievable. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bris red said:

A sag on a site i was working on said to me not so long ago that he would genuinely have another season out of the football league in the conference if it meant we were down there with them. Unbelievable. 

They really do have this mindset - it`s bizarre. They would be happy to fail provided we failed in a bigger way. Most of them would die happy if they were one point ahead of us, even if it was in Conference South at the time.

I often use this analogy - if a City fan came across a s*g drowning in the canal and offered his hand to help the s*g would rather pull him in with him than let him help him out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They really do have this mindset - it`s bizarre. They would be happy to fail provided we failed in a bigger way. Most of them would die happy if they were one point ahead of us, even if it was in Conference South at the time.

I often use this analogy - if a City fan came across a s*g drowning in the canal and offered his hand to help the s*g would rather pull him in with him than let him help him out.

If a city fan came across a sag in a canal he would realise that the sag was just having his Monthly wash 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

If a city fan came across a drowning sag in a canal, I WOULD PUT MY FOOT ON HIS HEAD TO MAKE SURE THE JOB WAS DONE!

Did you watch the walking dead. Similar out come 

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

My brother in law got all shirty on Facebook after that match, his status about how unlucky the Gas were ended with the line “see you next season SHITHEADS”.

Funnily enough, despite living nearby, didn’t see him at all for about 5 months after 3/5/2014.

ive got a brother in law I haven't seen for nearly 20 years .

• Confused 1

So they are posting the grainy videos and saying “Happy 2nd May” like they always do annually. It’s all they have left...bless ‘em.

A couple of bubble bursting responses are “Yeah, Happy 2nd May....2001”

23A9485F-CF53-4F72-89BF-E8B7E4747FA9.thumb.jpeg.1183a2a40d79bbba426c91dc2fc6c0ac.jpeg

and

”3rd of May tomorrow mind....The happiest day of our lives”

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

So they are posting the grainy videos and saying “Happy 2nd May” like they always do annually. It’s all they have left...bless ‘em.

A couple of bubble bursting responses are “Yeah, Happy 2nd May....2001”

23A9485F-CF53-4F72-89BF-E8B7E4747FA9.thumb.jpeg.1183a2a40d79bbba426c91dc2fc6c0ac.jpeg

and

”3rd of May tomorrow mind....The happiest day of our lives”

Wow what a fantastic looking league table!!

Edited by Shaun Taylor
Add more info
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s a reference to 2015 - when you joined the football league, Bristol Rovers has been a league club for 4 and a half years ...

Amazed that someone as persnickety as yourself would be so wrong BS4.

Bristol Rovers joined the football league in 1920.

They rejoined the football league in 2015.