IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Amazed that someone as persnickety as yourself would be so wrong BS4.

Bristol Rovers joined the football league in 1920.

They rejoined the football league in 2015.

Yes, so I was right, they have only been a league club for the last four and a half years ... I wasn’t talking about their whole history - at this point in time they have been a league club for four and a half years - it’s the same as when people say we’ve been in the championship for four and a half seasons now ... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, so I was right, they have only been a league club for the last four and a half years ... I wasn’t talking about their whole history - at this point in time they have been a league club for four and a half years - it’s the same as when people say we’ve been in the championship for four and a half seasons now ... 

They have been a league club over 90 years.

Their current spell as a league club started just four and a half years ago.

Edited by JamesBCFC

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Big round of applause for them....and then there’s us, 120 uninterrupted years as a League club. 
In Football League terms Rovers are just a bunch of ‘Johnny come lately’ chancers, punching way above their own weight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Big round of applause for them....and then there’s us, 120 uninterrupted years as a League club. 
In Football League terms Rovers are just a bunch of ‘Johnny come lately’ chancers, punching way above their own weight.

I wasnt suggesting that it was a good achievement for them.

I'd just rather the piss taking was accurate.

20 minutes ago, 22A said:

Selective memory again; they are celebrating 2nd May thirty years ago https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16224/incredibly-30-years-ago-today

No mention though of a more recent 2nd May.

Ahem...3rd May mate, St Daniels Day is tomorrow.

We do have this 2nd May though

D4E8048A-E6A7-45E7-83B3-552A2D5015BC.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Their current spell as a league club started just four and a half years ago.

Thus making them 4 and a half years old as a football league club.  Too long in my view.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to ask this again, but have I missed something?! You deleted a thread on their forum? Were  you a moderator on their forum? How and why?!

If I remember correctly Tomarse has said click hosts both but there is a large gap between the servers. may be social distancing. 

9 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

No just happy to see who is rock bottom 

Funny coincidence, both The Sags and Oxford eventually dropped out of the league. We have not played the Sags in a league Match since, how have Swindle done against Oxford in the league since the 2nd May 2001?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, adamski said:

Funny coincidence, both The Sags and Oxford eventually dropped out of the league. We have not played the Sags in a league Match since, how have Swindle done against Oxford in the league since the 2nd May 2001?

Awful would be the answer that's why we want promotion this season to start levelling things out!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Apologies I meant 2014 and not all of us celebrated!

I was there, yes you did!

I'm surprised your mob didn't present a bloody trophy.

Luckily the old bill kept our lot penned in behind your main stand as some were not at all happy!

I'm all for west country sides doing well apart from the obvious but I, for one, was behind PNE in the PO final, purely because of the Swindon reaction to that result. 

As for Toffolo, cheating bastard!

What was it Flinty said? 'That was the day we knew we would be Champions'?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was there, yes you did!

I'm surprised your mob didn't present a bloody trophy.

Luckily the old bill kept our lot penned in behind your main stand as some were not at all happy!

I'm all for west country sides doing well apart from the obvious but I, for one, was behind PNE in the PO final, purely because of the Swindon reaction to that result. 

As for Toffolo, cheating bastard!

What was it Flinty said? 'That was the day we knew we would be Champions'?

I think you misunderstood me as I certainly wasn't one over celebrating and have said previously some of the actions of the players was bang out of order and thankfully they have moved on

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I think you misunderstood me as I certainly wasn't one over celebrating and have said previously some of the actions of the players was bang out of order and thankfully they have moved on

It wasn't a jibe at you personally ST, more your support in general. No offence meant. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It wasn't a jibe at you personally ST, more your support in general. No offence meant. 

No offence taken as myself and many other decent  STFC supporters said the same afterwards but as we know all clubs have their idiots which often reflects on all supporters  

• Like 3