IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Asschat..........  :rofl2br::facepalm:  

Great year in the conference, good away days at real football clubs not plastic franchise setups like Bristol Sport. Great day out winning at Wembley. Followed by promotion to L1 so really not upset by that at all. Possibly best thing that could have happened in long run. The gap is one good season for us or one poor season for them, both of which could easily happen ......
Last Edit: 11 hours ago by amgas

Wowsers!

They are aware that we still operate as Bristol City FC, not Bristol Sport? But i guess checking the upper reaches of the Championship table gives them a nose bleed...

Not so sure how they think that getting relegated to non league is a good thing? Perhaps if they could lost for us how it's been beneficial. I mean we could ask them on Slagchat but we'd get banned as soon as we post the questions, normal run of things for them.

And as for the gap....one bad season for us, eh? How many days is it now? That ain't happening anytime soon, i rather think the gap might grow with a bad season for them on the slide to L2. After all, that's the best thing in the long run, right? Other than administration and going out of existence, which is top prize in my book. Watching them flounder around will do for now, whilst we keep developing both on and off the pitch.

The Gap, The Gap, you'll never get rid of The Gap!

#dreamonsaggies

• Haha 1

The franchise thing tickles me.

Not sure how the view the franchise model at the Mem, but I think they have gone down this route of believing it to be insulting based on Bristol Sport being the umbrella under which a number of sports are thriving from a shared infrastructure, with majority shareholder SL living in the Channel Islands.

Unlike Dwane Sports, who are, err, based in the Channel Islands and, umm, err, now have the Gas Girls as part of their umbrella. Which sounds remarkably similar to Bristol Sport. 

Or have I missed something?

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The franchise thing tickles me.

Not sure how the view the franchise model at the Mem, but I think they have gone down this route of believing it to be insulting based on Bristol Sport being the umbrella under which a number of sports are thriving from a shared infrastructure, with majority shareholder SL living in the Channel Islands.

Unlike Dwane Sports, who are, err, based in the Channel Islands and, umm, err, now have the Gas Girls as part of their umbrella. Which sounds remarkably similar to Bristol Sport. 

Or have I missed something?

Yes you have. You haven`t factored in #gaslogic

• Haha 2

Said it before....only one Bristol club have moved to another City in the past, only one Bristol club have been trying to move out of Bristol again in recent years.

BCFC have never left Bristol.

MK Dons are called ‘franchise’ because, like some NFL teams, they moved to a completely different city.

Using Gasheads logic MK Dons are NOT a ‘franchise’ but Manchester Utd are due to Utds owners financing other sports projects.

The fact is, they don’t know what ‘franchise’ means and, in sporting terms, they are far more of a franchise than we have ever been.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Asschat..........  :rofl2br::facepalm:  

Great year in the conference, good away days at real football clubs not plastic franchise setups like Bristol Sport. Great day out winning at Wembley. Followed by promotion to L1 so really not upset by that at all. Possibly best thing that could have happened in long run. The gap is one good season for us or one poor season for them, both of which could easily happen ......
Last Edit: 11 hours ago by amgas

Great year in conference, yeh right getting beat by pub teams 

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Saw some Sag giving it the biggun about 1990 and then I checked the profile and they were born in 1999.

So I told him that he was too young to remember the 2nd May....but old enough to remember the 3rd.

Is he younger than "The Gap" then, or just a few weeks older..?! 

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Could somebody please tell me the date when the Gas were last above us Cheers

Saturday 28th October 2000.

By the end of play that day, we had beaten Wycombe(!) to go above them...never looked back.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&font=cursive

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Six years ago. Both Bristol football teams were planning to build new stadiums...

https://www.building.co.uk/news/new-40m-stadium-for-bristol-rovers-gets-green-light/5068659.article

The objectors wanted the Memorial Ground listed. It’s interesting to read the reason why this was rejected:

“The decision not to list was based on the lack of survival of the original stand of 1921 and the fact that the replacement stands dating from the late 1930s onwards do not display sufficient levels of innovation in their design or the architectural interest necessary to merit listing” 

If the objection was made now I’m sure it would be upheld as the various tent structures are definitely innovative 

• Haha 3

WTF is this about?

It’s a well known documented fact that all Gasheads are horse punchers and are scum of the earth.

But HOW DARE YOU suggest a few war memorial defacers and Charlton away women and children beaters represent our proud bed sheet hanging fanbase.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing

As for 'ashamed of nothing', I'm ashamed that they carry the same city name as us.

As for the 1 bad year thing, is our stadium / team/ training complex etc being replaced by tents then? INFRASTRUCTURE saggies, INFRASTRUCTURE! 

Edited by Ska Junkie

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

WTF is this about?

It’s a well known documented fact that all Gasheads are horse punchers and are scum of the earth.

But HOW DARE YOU suggest a few war memorial defacers and Charlton away women and children beaters represent our proud bed sheet hanging fanbase.

As for 'ashamed of nothing', I'm ashamed that they carry the same city name as us.

As for the 1 bad year thing, is our stadium / team/ training complex etc being replaced by tents then? INFRASTRUCTURE saggies, INFRASTRUCTURE! 

Fake news I am afraid, not as reported and dealt with at the time 

• Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

WTF is this about?

I can tell you what that’s about, it’s just some thick Saghead getting things wrong once again.

• Like 1