IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 04/05/2020 at 15:33, Maltshoveller said:

Could somebody please tell me the date when the Gas were last above us Cheers

I can't remember if you guys weee still in the old first division in 77 but I found this little gem when the Gas were in the old 2nd division but oddly I don't think there were any away fans there unless they were locked out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I can't remember if you guys weee still in the old first division in 77 but I found this little gem when the Gas were in the old 2nd division but oddly I don't think there were any away fans there unless they were locked out!

Thank you shaun what a treat what a tonic what a total embarsement that total shower of shite were are and forever will be ???????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"You go to Wembley and you see many finals played with 15,000 or 20,000 fans, but I was lucky that both Bristol clubs were huge, so every time I played there, which was quite a few times at Wembley and the Millennium, we had 50,000 fans behind us."

I presume he means 50,000 in the overall attendance, but even then it wouldn't be 50,000 behind you as 25,000 or so very clearly wouldn't be behind you.

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's like life is one big episode of Storage Wars in you are a Fewer!

FIFTY THOUSAND!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-know-fan-bristol-rovers-4105612

I font know what's worse... Having a club Legend that relegated you, by saving a penalty for your fiercest rivals against you... 

Or thinking that 59,000 - 18,000 = 50,000 (not even allowing for neutrals) 

Screenshot_20200506_103231_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I font know what's worse... Having a club Legend that relegated you, by saving a penalty for your fiercest rivals against you... 

Or thinking that 59,000 - 18,000 = 50,000 (not even allowing for neutrals) 

Screenshot_20200506_103231_com.android.chrome.jpg

I didn’t realise Steve Phillips was so bitter until I saw his Facebook page a little while back. It’s not our fault that Gary Johnson found a player like Basso who was 20 times better than Phillips ever was.

I’ll never forget bumping into Phillips in Reflex on Baldwin St at the time there were rumours flying around about the Sags wanting to sign him, he bitched about how hard done by he was and I asked him “you’re not actually going to sign for Rovers are you?” and he laughed and made face like ‘as IF.

Nowadays he spends all his time kissing their arses. Grubby little individual. ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Taz said:

"You go to Wembley and you see many finals played with 15,000 or 20,000 fans, but I was lucky that both Bristol clubs were huge, so every time I played there, which was quite a few times at Wembley and the Millennium, we had 50,000 fans behind us."

I presume he means 50,000 in the overall attendance, but even then it wouldn't be 50,000 behind you as 25,000 or so very clearly wouldn't be behind you.

Thousands of Ted’s there willing Rovers to lose obviously 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I didn’t realise Steve Phillips was so bitter until I saw his Facebook page a little while back. It’s not our fault that Gary Johnson found a player like Basso who was 20 times better than Phillips ever was.

I’ll never forget bumping into Phillips in Reflex on Baldwin St at the time there were rumours flying around about the Sags wanting to sign him, he bitched about how hard done by he was and I asked him “you’re not actually going to sign for Rovers are you?” and he laughed and made face like ‘as IF.

Nowadays he spends all his time kissing their arses. Grubby little individual. ?

My cousin was manager of Reflex for years. Flapper was ejected from here on numerous occasions.  Once for coming to blows with his then girlfriend, eventually just barred him . 

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Phillips was always a tit - cried when we brought in decent competition rather than embrace it to improve himself like any decent pro would do (after donkey's years of having no real pressure on his place)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

Soon one of them is going to think shit or bust and claim 100,000.

I want Darryl Sheets (or whatever his name is) to come round and value the contents or my parents attic.

A 1970s fake Christmas tree? That's a 100 dollar bill!

A VHS Video recorder that clearly doesn't work, but the old man paid money for it in Dixons in 1994? That's got 50 written all over it....

Based on his pricing, I reckon my folks are worth more in tat than in cash and assets.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's like life is one big episode of Storage Wars in you are a Fewer!

FIFTY THOUSAND!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-know-fan-bristol-rovers-4105612

It’s funny how he mentions Lambert who apparently credits his goal against us as the reason why he went on to play for England.

Thats the same Ricky Lambert who, after scoring on his debut for his country, thanked everyone from the Beetroot Factory to Southampton Football Club but totally forgot to mention Rovers.

What is it with these ******* idiots pandering to 5000 insecure, fragile nob ends in North Bristol through the Evening Post? ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yet more hilarity from Asschat..........

All the Gassholes talking about whether they'd put in some of their own money to 'save' the club. 

Gassy Avatar
I’d do it, proving it guaranteed the survival of the club

So would I.
I would hope that the City Council would chip in as well. Rovers is a Bristol institution with a 130+ year history.

Obviously this hypocrite can't remember 1982 when those running the sags, bitched and whinged to Council because they wanted to help BCFC and demanded they receive the same. Neither can he remember when the shower of shite he follows pissed off out of Bristol for 10 years with their glorious 130 year history of achieving F'All.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

All the Gassholes talking about whether they'd put in some of their own money to 'save' the club. 

Gassy Avatar

So would I.
I would hope that the City Council would chip in as well. Rovers is a Bristol institution with a 130+ year history.

Obviously this hypocrite can't remember 1982 when those running the sags, bitched and whinged to Council because they wanted to help BCFC and demanded they receive the same. Neither can he remember when the shower of shite he follows pissed off out of Bristol for 10 years with their glorious 130 year history of achieving F'All.

Typical of that lot. They'd probably cry if they never got anything from them as well.

I'd hope that if that were the case, we would then do exactly what they did and complain unless the council gave us the same.

Simples.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taz said:

Typical of that lot. They'd probably cry if they never got anything from them as well.

I'd hope that if that were the case, we would then do exactly what they did and complain unless the council gave us the same.

Simples.

There isn't going to be any spare cash from Bristol City Council. Not whilst public services continue to close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Gassy Avatar

So would I.

seagull.jpeg.ea709e9519c098c1484d6c8b33373818.jpeg

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Gassy Avatar

So would I.

So who would ultimately pay for that then or do the Council have a special piggy bank of cash that they’ve added to over several years from their own pockets....you know, just in case a ‘football club’ who have done NOTHING in 130 years needs a hand? 

Scabby little maggots, spend less time focusing on our financial problems from 38 years ago and sort your own finances out.