IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more hilarity from Asschat..........

All the Gassholes talking about whether they'd put in some of their own money to 'save' the club. 

Gassy Avatar
I’d do it, proving it guaranteed the survival of the club

So would I.
I would hope that the City Council would chip in as well. Rovers is a Bristol institution with a 130+ year history.

Obviously this hypocrite can't remember 1982 when those running the sags, bitched and whinged to Council because they wanted to help BCFC and demanded they receive the same. Neither can he remember when the shower of shite he follows pissed off out of Bristol for 10 years with their glorious 130 year history of achieving F'All.

Maybe if a few of them started by buying season tickets..! 

• Haha 9

23 minutes ago, TomF said:

Given the likely economic situation the whole country is going to be in, the last thing the council will be throwing money at is that shower 

....and yet our Mayor has graciously decided to accept his £9k pay rise in these challenging times for Bristolians ... and our councillors have also awarded themselves generous salary increases that are now in effect:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-52141054

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/pay-rise-mayor-councillors-come-3974687

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s funny how he mentions Lambert who apparently credits his goal against us as the reason why he went on to play for England.

Thats the same Ricky Lambert who, after scoring on his debut for his country, thanked everyone from the Beetroot Factory to Southampton Football Club but totally forgot to mention Rovers.

What is it with these ******* idiots pandering to 5000 insecure, fragile nob ends in North Bristol through the Evening Post? ?

The only England player I ever booed!

Gassy Avatar

So would I.
I would hope that the City Council would chip in as well. Rovers is a Bristol institution with a 130+ year history.

It's an institution alright, but not the sort any right minded individual would want to be associated with.      Destitution maybe.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more hilarity from Asschat..........

All the Gassholes talking about whether they'd put in some of their own money to 'save' the club. 

Gassy Avatar

So would I.
I would hope that the City Council would chip in as well. Rovers is a Bristol institution with a 130+ year history.

Obviously this hypocrite can't remember 1982 when those running the sags, bitched and whinged to Council because they wanted to help BCFC and demanded they receive the same. Neither can he remember when the shower of shite he follows pissed off out of Bristol for 10 years with their glorious 130 year history of achieving F'All.

And ran a political campaign against the council during local elections, ironically, I think they named their party "Bristol Sport", or something like that. The same council that issued winding up procedures against BCFC for non payment of rates in 1982.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

And ran a political campaign against the council during local elections, ironically, I think they named their party "Bristol Sport", or something like that. The same council that issued winding up procedures against BCFC for non payment of rates in 1982.

Bristol Party wasn’t it?

As as child I vaguely remember seeing a bunch of mutants in donkey jackets stood across the road from John Lewis in town, shouting and screaming about something from behind their banner.

Even now, if I close my eyes and really concentrate I can almost smell their B.O. wafting across the street.
I asked my mum who they were and she said “no one that matters”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristol Party wasn’t it?

As as child I vaguely remember seeing a bunch of mutants in donkey jackets stood across the road from John Lewis in town, shouting and screaming about something from behind their banner.

Even now, if I close my eyes and really concentrate I can almost smell their B.O. wafting across the street.

They'd have been drowned out by the bloke hawking copies of the BEP outside Dixons.

EVENING POST, 3 STAAAAAAR.

3 STAAAAAAAAR, EVENING POST.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, 42nite said:

But wouldn't that make us as bad as them?

Not really, you reap what you sow.

I suppose if we had a solicitor to unearth information to feed to opposition groups that opposed all their plans for new stadia, supermarkets, or were the only professional sporting club in the region that failed to support Bristol's WC bid and then, tried to take their ground off of them for a paltry sum, then we'd be getting a bit closer.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristol Party wasn’t it?

I remember seeing about that on the local news, I think Colin Howlett who covered the Sags on Radio Bristol back in the day was the figurehead.

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Gassy Avatar

So would I.
I would hope that the City Council would chip in as well. Rovers is a Bristol institution with a 130+ year history.

It's an institution alright, but not the sort any right minded individual would want to be associated with.      Destitution maybe.

:laugh: a Bristol institution! They spent 10 years in Bath and have spent the last 20 hears trying to leave Bristol. Mental institution would be right. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristol Party wasn’t it?

As a BS7 resident living near the Gloucester Road, you have just described quite succinctly the match day experience in these here parts.

Let's just say we tolerate them. We're quite friendly and neighbourly around here but to be honest, most of us tend to stay indoors on Rovers match days. That or we go and watch City away. 

35 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

All over for the slags this season (and maybe, hopefully longer)

BREAKING: The EFL are set to inform League One and League Two clubs next week that there is NO CHANCE of the season being completed. Clubs will have to vote on how the final positions in the table will be decided.

Meanwhile in the Rovers Boardroom...

"Well, lads and any lasses here. We are a family club after all. I've been told we have to discuss the final positions on the table.

I suggest that the hobnobs should stay on the side as they are a great substitute should we not have any Battenberg slices. It's all agreed then? Good. Battenbergs on the table, at the top. By the way, get me Mr Kipling on the phone and I'll ask him if he can no longer make the quarters in yellow and pink, well at least for home matches."

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

BREAKING: The EFL are set to inform League One and League Two clubs next week that there is NO CHANCE of the season being completed. Clubs will have to vote on how the final positions in the table will be decided.

Am I right in thinking that Rovers were doing a lot better away than they were at the Mem?

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

A mate of mine from work told me this yesterday, his lad plays for Bolton and reckons they were told the season would not be completed.

He still thinks the points deduction might be carried over to the next season, but he's more confident of avoiding the drop as they won't be relying on 15 year old kids to play the matches.

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Great moments from Rovers 1300 year history:

EXc7xRjXQAAoqjQ.thumb.jpeg.0477aee7fbbb7bf30f2d19aa38a09809.jpeg

Winston Churchill helps to count the number of gas sadly locked out of their first away game in London following Victory in Europe.....

And here he is after confirming the actual number.......

71VDB-FQXjL._SX466_.jpg

Edited by cider hoss rules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I assume that means vote on the mechanism for deciding the final positions, not vote on who finishes where. Because if it were the latter then Rovers, being the much loved club that they apparently are, recognised by other clubs throughout the football world, would doubtless get voted into the top two.

Seriously, it depends a bit, surely, on what happens in the Chamionship. If there's no relegation or promotion then surely the final positions are nothing more than academic. 

On 07/05/2020 at 13:50, TomF said:

Given the likely economic situation the whole country is going to be in, the last thing the council will be throwing money at is that shower 

Actually, that's a good idea for the sags. That's one thing the great unwashed need is a shower.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Great moments from Rovers 1300 year history:

EXc7xRjXQAAoqjQ.thumb.jpeg.0477aee7fbbb7bf30f2d19aa38a09809.jpeg

Winston Churchill helps to count the number of gas sadly locked out of their first away game in London following Victory in Europe.....

...after enjoying their day out in London, a tiny proportion of the gas support decided to head to Severn Beach for a quick dip.

Kumbh-Neka-k5SB-621x414@LiveMint.jpg

• Haha 4

On 07/05/2020 at 23:01, City Rocker said:

As a BS7 resident living near the Gloucester Road, you have just described quite succinctly the match day experience in these here parts.

Let's just say we tolerate them. We're quite friendly and neighbourly around here but to be honest, most of us tend to stay indoors on Rovers match days. That or we go and watch City away. 

Did a job down on a road by the away end At the mem earlier in the year, the guy was so P****d off. As the match balls kept going in his Garden. 

He asked them to put a net up to stop the balls going in his garden and they said they won’t be putting a net up. So he no longer gives the balls back and Keeps them in his garden. He Gave me a match ball. I Rubbed the BRFC off straight away when I got home ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4