IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Can anyone think of any other league grounds in the country where a slightly over hit pass results in needing to go and ask the local residents if they can have their ball back..?! 

There must be a few....?! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Can anyone think of any other league grounds in the country where a slightly over hit pass results in needing to go and ask the local residents if they can have their ball back..?! 

Didnt the old Shrewsbury ground require a guy in a boat to fish them out the river?

40 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Didnt the old Shrewsbury ground require a guy in a boat to fish them out the river?

Yes they did. 

They've long since progressed to a far more modern & suitable arena, whereas Rovers.....! 

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Luton

Yes, probably over the bizarre row of boxes end. 

Edited by Bar BS3

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Luton

Exeter (although I think their new main stand* may have stopped it)

*For any s*ggies reading, a `new main stand` is a permanent construction at a football ground built using traditional building materials (not ropes and canvas) and paid for by the club.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The nearest I've come to it is The Lawn  (FGR old ground), netting all down one side, ball goes over.........in someone's garden !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

The nearest I've come to it is The Lawn  (FGR old ground), netting all down one side, ball goes over.........in someone's garden !

Yes, but they did move from that found more than a decade before being promoted to the football league. 

On 07/05/2020 at 14:09, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and yet our Mayor has graciously decided to accept his £9k pay rise in these challenging times for Bristolians ... and our councillors have also awarded themselves generous salary increases that are now in effect:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-52141054

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/pay-rise-mayor-councillors-come-3974687

Yep; unlike the remainder of us, politicians are neither being furloughed on 80% pay, nor being laid off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Yep; unlike the remainder of us, politicians are neither being furloughed on 80% pay, nor being laid off.

I despise all politicians, of all parties (as things stand) but in fairness, they probably don't qualify for either at the moment and are working harder than ever (in their own corrupted, self serving, bitchy ways) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not football league now but Aldershot had a net behind one goal to stop the ball leaving the ground 

5 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Not football league now but Aldershot had a net behind one goal to stop the ball leaving the ground 

I can remember being at a Mangotsfield game and in the programme it said about a Welsh team who had 40 minutes time added on to a game because the ball rolled down a mountain every time it went for a throw on one side.

At that same game there was 45 minutes injury time because it took that long for an ambulance to get to the ground from about 2 miles away.

• Like 1

Bristol Rovers Quiz    i tried to score 0 but got 4 right by accident,question 4 was my favourite.  

which of these grounds was never used for home games

1.eastville stadium

2 twerton park

3 the county ground

4 school masters cricket ground.

went option 3 thinking it was a safe zero pointer. turned out to be the right answer meaning the cricket ground was used.

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

Bristol Rovers Quiz    i tried to score 0 but got 4 right by accident,question 4 was my favourite.  

1.eastville stadium

2 twerton park

3 the county ground

went option 3 thinking it was a safe zero pointer. turned out to be the right answer meaning the cricket ground was used.

I knew that one .

8 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

1.eastville stadium

2 twerton park

3 the county ground

What was it used for??? 'Boob' cricket training? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

1.eastville stadium

2 twerton park

3 the county ground

The last question was a tough one to get wrong, but I somehow managed it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

1.eastville stadium

2 twerton park

3 the county ground

If you go to the Championship page there`s a City one on there - pretty easy though.

• Like 1