IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Good news for the Rovers' finances and all joking aside.

With yesterday's announcement about League 2 finishing as it stands; next season (whenever that is) Rovers get derbies against Plymouth & Swindon.

Exeter & Cheltenham will be in the pay offs, so maybe a third derby game as well.

Yes, perhaps three games next year where the crowd will be up to 8,000.  Don't understand why they lock 20,000 out when there is usually only 6,500 INSIDE.  Seems daft :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Yes, perhaps three games next year where the crowd will be up to 8,000.  Don't understand why they lock 20,000 out when there is usually only 6,500 INSIDE.  Seems daft :D

Don`t be silly. According to Wally, they`ll be in their new stadium at the fruit market by then - it must be nearly finished now I should think. 20k plus every week assured!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don`t be silly. According to Wally, they`ll be in their new stadium at the fruit market by then - it must be nearly finished now I should think. 20k plus every week assured!

Absolutely - as they told us, they’ve ‘outgrown the Mem’ (despite never having actually filled it! ??) and Wally promised them the Fruit Market - I’m sure it will be Wycombe Wanderers’ fault when it doesn’t happen ... ?

11 hours ago, bert tann said:

Will Dubey                      Football Analyst                                        Analysis of dental records showed his appointment was purely cosmetic           

Analyse This                                          (you bastards)

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i just hope they dont cut corners by supplying out of date hand  sanitiser etc,would be really harsh on away fans,

Feasibility studies have begun in the possibility of urine killing the virus, so instead of hand washing for 20 seconds, you just piss on your hands.

They've been doing that at the Mem for years.

• Haha 2

On 17/05/2020 at 11:57, cider hoss rules said:

big celebration for them today, 5 years since they got promoted from division 5 and started 'coming for us' (again)

Only five years in the league and a promotion achieved in that time. It`s always nice to see these little teams making a go of it when they do achieve league status.

I bet when they were a Conference side they could only dream of the heady heights of mid table League 1 so well done them!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Only five years in the league and a promotion achieved in that time. It`s always nice to see these little teams making a go of it when they do achieve league status.

I bet when they were a Conference side they could only dream of the heady heights of mid table League 1 so well done them!

The issue is these plucky non-league sides rarely have the staying power for league one and soon find themselves back in league two or lower :fingerscrossed:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/05/2020 at 10:20, cityal said:

The issue is these plucky non-league sides rarely have the staying power for league one and soon find themselves back in league two or lower :fingerscrossed:

Ah but I've got all of the time in the world for teams like Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham Town who are well run local sides, it's the knuckle draggers from a small part of this City who think they are bigger than the likes of Norwich who think the world owes them something but in reality nobody cares about them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Ah but I've got all of the time in the world for teams like Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham Town who are well run local sides, it's the knuckle draggers from a small part of this City who think they are bigger than the likes of Norwich who think the world owes them something but in reality nobody cares about them.

I think you do them a disservice. 

Let's not forget that before all the Coronavirus effects took hold, they'd had 600 (six HUNDRED) people splash their hard earned JSA on a season ticket for next season...! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you do them a disservice. 

Let's not forget that before all the Coronavirus effects took hold, they'd had 600 (six HUNDRED) people splash their hard earned JSA on a season ticket for next season...! 

Just imagine having 600 people buy STs for your club...

No wonder they go around telling everyone what huge support they have.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Funniest thing about it is, the Blue Few think that's a good number!! MASSIVE CLUB MIND! 

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I would be soooo embarrassed by that, I would keep it quiet. Bear in mind, this is gas maths so imagine the real number, 130/ 140? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would be soooo embarrassed by that, I would keep it quiet. Bear in mind, this is gas maths so imagine the real number, 130/ 140? 

Worse than that, for a 'loyal and true' group of supporters who go missing in huge numbers when they have a run of bad form, when it comes to forecasting their revenue for the coming season, they'll do well to stay within any sort of FFP guidelines.

I can't believe only about a 7th of their support are signed up and the rest are pay on the day. Tinpot.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Worse than that, for a 'loyal and true' group of supporters who go missing in huge numbers when they have a run of bad form, when it comes to forecasting their revenue for the coming season, they'll do well to stay within any sort of FFP guidelines.

I can't believe only about a 7th of their support are signed up and the rest are pay on the day. Tinpot.

Loyal and True they claim. :facepalm:

The only thing they are loyal and true towards is Bullshitting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/05/2020 at 22:11, myol'man said:

Feasibility studies have begun in the possibility of urine killing the virus, so instead of hand washing for 20 seconds, you just piss on your hands.

They've been doing that at the Mem for years.

With the amount of bullshit on that turf it's a wonder how grass can't grow on it.

2 months without income.  I had no idea that they would be able to survive that long. Maybe Wally will invest another camel or two to tide them over.

Meanwhile, values for property and land post COVID-19 could easily  be 20% lower putting him well into the realms of negative equity.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

2 months without income.  I had no idea that they would be able to survive that long. Maybe Wally will invest another camel or two to tide them over.

Meanwhile, values for property and land post COVID-19 could easily  be 20% lower putting him well into the realms of negative equity.

What are they going to do with all the out of date crisps & fake Fanta..?! 

Imagine having no idea when it's next going to be safe to resume Boob Cricket...! 

• Like 1

Very good point and I suspect the residential market will be worst hit.

Probably negative pre Covid-19 but made worse now.

Unlucky da Gazzzzz !

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What are they going to do with all the out of date crisps & fake Fanta..?! 

Like fine wine, they get better with age...

• Like 2