IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did they..? 

Screenshot_20200524_195141_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sorry yes it was March. I was due to be in Guildford that week and was advised by my boss to work from home, the corona virus was already obviously a problem . You can take the piss all you want, it is a piss taking thread after all, but I wouldn't knock anyone from any club who isn't renewing at the moment.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a job to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

Good Luck Miah.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Miah an organisation that I'm a part of have been running a fund for Bristol care workers that aren't able to work. We don't have much to give, but if things are tight drop us an email careworkersnetworkbristol@gmail.com or message me. If not needed then even letting wife's colleagues know etc would be great!

Also goes for anyone else reading that works in health and social care and I struggling due to the current situation.

Thank you, I think we will be okay, but it is good to know help is available if needed.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry yes it was March. I was due to be in Guildford that week and was advised by my boss to work from home, the corona virus was already obviously a problem . You can take the piss all you want, it is a piss taking thread after all, but I wouldn't knock anyone from any club who isn't renewing at the moment.

I like your posts & input usually. I'm sorry to hear things a tough and hope you come through it all OK. 

But, don't come on your rivals forum & this thread and expect us not to take the piss. And I'm not taking the piss out of anyone whose not buying a season ticket NOW. 

I'm taking the piss that, pre-restrictions kicking in, 600 of your self proclaimed loyal & true, felt inclined to commit to supporting your club, for the coming season. Before anyone was aware that next season would be effected. 

Hopefully Rovers won't be around for next season, but that's peibably wishful thinking on my part. 

Stay safe & enjoy the sunshine. 

Otib. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I like your posts & input usually. I'm sorry to hear things a tough and hope you come through it all OK. 

But, don't come on your rivals forum & this thread and expect us not to take the piss. And I'm not taking the piss out of anyone whose not buying a season ticket NOW. 

I'm taking the piss that, pre-restrictions kicking in, 600 of your self proclaimed loyal & true, felt inclined to commit to supporting your club, for the coming season. Before anyone was aware that next season would be effected. 

Hopefully Rovers won't be around for next season, but that's peibably wishful thinking on my part. 

Stay safe & enjoy the sunshine. 

Otib. 

And I'm saying , corona virus was a big worry when tickets when on sale. I only highlighted what was happening in my household the reasons why I haven't renewed, to highlight that it would be the same ( and much worse) in many other cases. I think my family will be fine btw , in reality , if things don't work out all that well, it will probably just mean I will have to curtail things like football, rugby. horse racing and generally pissing my money up against the wall, rather than having to worry where the next meal is coming from, but I do thank everyone for their kind messages.

Of course it's a piss taking thread and I don't think any -sane- Rovers fan could deny that your support , especially season ticket wise, absolutely blows ours out of the water, I was just pointing out that the figure of 600 for this season, has a lot more to do with people's personal finances and/or worries about the future , than it does to do with the fact that our football team/club is currently even more of a shambles than it usually is :)

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Miah an organisation that I'm a part of have been running a fund for Bristol care workers that aren't able to work. We don't have much to give, but if things are tight drop us an email careworkersnetworkbristol@gmail.com or message me. If not needed then even letting wife's colleagues know etc would be great!

Also goes for anyone else reading that works in health and social care and I struggling due to the current situation.

Great gesture and so nice there are decent people out there 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

And I'm saying , corona virus was a big worry when tickets when on sale. I only highlighted what was happening in my household the reasons why I haven't renewed, to highlight that it would be the same ( and much worse) in many other cases. I think my family will be fine btw , in reality , if things don't work out all that well, it will probably just mean I will have to curtail things like football, rugby. horse racing and generally pissing my money up against the wall, rather than having to worry where the next meal is coming from, but I do thank everyone for their kind messages.

Of course it's a piss taking thread and I don't think any -sane- Rovers fan could deny that your support , especially season ticket wise, absolutely blows ours out of the water, I was just pointing out that the figure of 600 for this season, has a lot more to do with people's personal finances and/or worries about the future , than it does to do with the fact that our football team/club is currently even more of a shambles than it usually is :)

Ignore him, BTW, what's your issue with Shamrock Rovers? 

3 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Ignore him, BTW, what's your issue with Shamrock Rovers? 

I watched Bohs once while I was in Dublin and really liked it there and obviously they have the big rivalry with them. After that I met a few Shamrock fans at a Celtic game and they were a couple of dicks, so  that sort of compounded my feelings toward them.

I quite enjoyed my visit to Galway United a few years back btw, was sad to see them go down.

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I quite enjoyed my visit to Galway United a few years back btw, was sad to see them go down.

I’m not sure if Galway Red is a native of Galway ROI or Galway Road KW?

Edit: hahaha, scrap that...clearly ROI judging by the comment below.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I watched Bohs once while I was in Dublin and really liked it there and obviously they have the big rivalry with them. After that I met a few Shamrock fans at a Celtic game and they were a couple of dicks, so  that sort of compounded my feelings toward them.

Back on the way up now, they were bankers to win their division this year and get promoted back to the top flight, a little known fact is that they were owned for a short time by Nick Leeson the man who broke Berings bank

2 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Back on the way up now, they were bankers to win their division this year and get promoted back to the top flight, a little known fact is that they were owned for a short time by Nick Leeson the man who broke Berings bank

I definitely intend to get there again some day. I loved Galway, all the buzz of Dublin. but in a much more subtle, sedate way. A kind of Dublin for the middle aged!

9 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

It pleases me that I know they're not all like these clowns.

I've got some real great mates who are passionate followers of the Rovers, and all credit to them for picking a local side (obviously the wrong one mind)

Today I was told that one of these mates lost his battle to cancer, so for the next week my FB profile picture is of my mate, wearing his comedy jesters outfit at a works do last year.

Football has no colours in these circumstances.

R.I.P. Chappers.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Lockdown does funny things to people. Mind you, they`ve been social distancing at home games for years so that bit was pretty easy.

I know quite a few Gasheads and I can assure you they also ‘socially distance’ themselves from soap and toothpaste...but that’s nothing, a few years ago the whole club socially distanced themselves from the entire Football League.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 7