IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't they have an attempted application to convert a shed turned down not long ago?

do they even have PP for this? 

I don't know the answer to either question, what I do know is that for a few quid you can do a "Pre- planning Application", where they will give you an idea (not a guarantee) as to whether your full application will be successful. I think mine for a private residence was £25, but it might be more for commercial developments.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know the answer to either question, what I do know is that for a few quid you can do a "Pre- planning Application", where they will give you an idea (not a guarantee) as to whether your full application will be successful. I think mine for a private residence was £25, but it might be more for commercial developments.

That makes sense PSR, thanks.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

The first phase, is trying to find where the keys are to open the gates. They haven't been used in 4 years.

Phase 1 is expected to take no more than 3 years.

Hahaha they'll be lucky if phase 1 amounts to anything more than the grass getting a cut and a portacabin being dropped on site.

Don't think it will ever really start properly let alone finish.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Smoke screen to appease supporters and portray a positive stance to interested parties considering buying the club. As in, we're moving forward anyway and don't need to sell.

Possible, but I just wonder if the owners of the current site have said "Sorry but you can't train here anymore" and they have been left with no option...

1 minute ago, PhilC said:

Possible, but I just wonder if the owners of the current site have said "Sorry but you can't train here anymore" and they have been left with no option...

Thought I read recently that they have an option to continue at the present site, Cribbs?

Just now, Rich said:

Thought I read recently that they have an option to continue at the present site, Cribbs?

In reality, if they manage to continue, they'd need somewhere next year anyway, so need to plan for it. Portaloo's and pitches are all I can see happening. Then they keep the option of developing it properly, for housing.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Hahaha they'll be lucky if phase 1 amounts to anything more than the grass getting a cut and a portacabin being dropped on site.

Don't think it will ever really start properly let alone finish.

Ordinarily I would agree, but from what I'm hearing (not from the club side of things, but people doing work) it is actually going to happen. I'll still believe it when I see it though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I had a look on the blue side and so far no one has gone that route (so far). Someone has questioned whether they have planning permission in place though, presumably they have an application in that they have been told will be green lit? 

I'm semi involved in the planning industry. Anyone can search the local registers for planning applications that have been made. 

I cannot find anything relating to a training pitch at this site. So no planning yet. I imagine the image is from an architect bidding for the the job or for a pre planning application. 

The crest on the side of the building looks interesting???

Screenshot_20200604-152423_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Furious Custard
Image attached

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

I cannot find anything relating to a training pitch at this site. So no planning yet. I imagine the image is from an architect bidding for the the job or for a pre planning application. 

The crest on the side of the building looks interesting???

Screenshot_20200604-152423_Samsung Internet.jpg

You realise that’s an image of our new training ground building which would have been generated prior to the crest change......what’s this got to do with the sags application or lack of one?

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The first phase, is trying to find where the keys are to open the gates. They haven't been used in 4 years.

Phase 1 is expected to take no more than 3 years.

Oh wow!

A pitch,

A gym,

AND changing facilities????

It's not like league two clubs already have that in place? Or Weston literally have that exact setup already?

Truly they are coming for us.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ordinarily I would agree, but from what I'm hearing (not from the club side of things, but people doing work) it is actually going to happen. I'll still believe it when I see it though.

Absolutely. Lets be honest, they have an abysmal record of delivering anything they've promised since they arrived.

They'll do the bare minimum at very best and even then it'll be to suit their interests and not for the benefit of the club in the long term.

Also been somewhat forced into this have they not? Can't stay at the current site anymore?

According to the Post site, they are actually getting the first team pitch ready for the upcoming season. I still say it's a smokescreen which as Gazred states, has been forced onto them. One or two leveled pitches and a portacabin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

If ever I needed the reasons why I despise that shitty little club to be shown in one picture, this is it!

Totally besotted with how we are doing rather than themselves.

What a ******* bell-end. I'd have slammed the fat **** straight into the Mini Rolls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rich said:

According to the Post site, they are actually getting the first team pitch ready for the upcoming season. I still say it's a smokescreen which as Gazred states, has been forced onto them. One or two leveled pitches and a portacabin.

You reckon ?

Let's just remember, this is the 15ers we are talking about. With their track record, they are more likely to come up with something like this, including trees just outside of the penalty area.

Forum | NSR: This is what you call a Football Pitch/Stadium Thread ...

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

You reckon ?

Let's just remember, this is the 15ers we are talking about. With their track record, they are more likely to come up with something like this, including trees just outside of the penalty area.

Forum | NSR: This is what you call a Football Pitch/Stadium Thread ...

How do you know that isn't level?  Anyway, what's so wrong with a couple of trees, Victoria park pitch had a path running diagonally through it.

• Haha 1

As the saying goes - the proof is in the pudding. City and Bristol Bears, with the help of Steve Lansdown, are constructing multi million pound training facilities, which have taken years to plan and build. Rovers, on the other hand, are going to knock something up by the start of the next season - ie a few months time. Rovers fans are in raptures on their forum about this new development, but they should be careful. What will they get in a few months? Just something to provide more laughs on the OTIB forum. We currently have pictures comparing Ashton Gate with the tents at Filton, but soon we’ll have pictures comparing the Failand facilities with some grass and portacabins at Almondsbury 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As the saying goes - the proof is in the pudding. City and Bristol Bears, with the help of Steve Lansdown, are constructing multi million pound training facilities, which have taken years to plan and build. Rovers, on the other hand, are going to knock something up by the start of the next season - ie a few months time. Rovers fans are in raptures on their forum about this new development, but they should be careful. What will they get in a few months? Just something to provide more laughs on the OTIB forum. We currently have pictures comparing Ashton Gate with the tents at Filton, but soon we’ll have pictures comparing the Failand facilities with some grass and portacabins at Almondsbury 

Ah but according to BP.................

Here’s hoping The Colony development is a success, and then full attention can turn to delivering a new home which will unlock the huge potential of Bristol Rovers and its fanbase.

:rofl2br:

• Haha 7