IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

50 minutes ago, 22A said:

Nothing on their forum about the season ending today, but a thoughtful thread about if next season had to be played behind closed doors.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16321/theoretically

Just wondering, if it were decided that next season’s games were to all be played behind closed doors ( or even if say there was a delayed start to the season followed by at least half the season behind closes doors), would we have to play the games at the Mem, or theoretically could we host competitive matches at The Colony?
If this were the case it would allow time for some renovations at The Mem or may even just be cheaper to operate than an empty stadium on match day. The only issue i see is it would be harder to keep fans out.

Surely if the 2metre rule is changed we could play games with a small crowd at a safe distance using just the seats available it would bring in some income ?

This is just plain stupid. They've spent one day doing some digging and suddenly they're ready to host Sunderland in a field.

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, cidercity said:

I used to play a charity game every New Year’s Day at Farleigh Hospital, always remember there used to be a bloke probably late 40’s standing on the gate with a cowboy hat and toy gun, he shot everyone that came through it. Sad really.

you say that, i used to do some work for a nurse there on her car, one day a group of patients were on the grass on their hands and knees.  i asked her husband later why they were doing it and he said that today they were cows.very sad indeed but at least they were happy which was the main thing.

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

you say that, i used to do some work for a nurse there on her car, one day a group of patients were on the grass on their hands and knees.  i asked her husband later why they were doing it and he said that today they were cows.very sad indeed but at least they were happy which was the main thing.

They were waiting for the nurse to do the milking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-ceo-martyn-starnes-4209287

Football is more screwed than what I originally thought when the Country's 6th richest club can't afford £500k to finish the season.

According to the sun they didn’t vote as they claimed they had internet issues

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-ceo-martyn-starnes-4209287

Football is more screwed than what I originally thought when the Country's 6th richest club can't afford £500k to finish the season.

I love this comment....I'm not sure if he's taking the piss or just drinking the cool-aid.

image.thumb.png.35ed5f0682fdcc1ba56f211fc92c1cd2.pngchoose files... Click to choose files

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I love this comment....I'm not sure if he's taking the piss or just drinking the cool-aid.

image.thumb.png.35ed5f0682fdcc1ba56f211fc92c1cd2.pngchoose files... Click to choose files

Good to see Wayne end his post with ‘Happy Days’ - as Darrell Clarke came seriously unstuck with that phrase when asking during a TV interview how we’d got on and ‘waxing lyrical’ when learning we’d lost with that upbeat reply ... ah yes, Darrell, the guy who relegated the roverzzz out of the football league and who now is at the helm of Walsall FC - currently languishing in the middle of division 4 .... this is for you DC ...

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Watch this space. Rovers will announce new ground at Bristol fruit market.

Didn't they already do that? Long way to go on that.

I'm sure Marvin has been bending a few rules to allow a developer to buy council owned land, with the promise of PP thrown in.

Interesting to see what developments these new owners have in mind. If anything, it's a great site for a new ground, very little housing around, at the moment and good transport links. That whole area is due for an improvement. Which raises the question, why put future developments in jeopardy by involving BRFC in it?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Rich said:

I'm sure Marvin has been bending a few rules to allow a developer to buy council owned land, with the promise of PP thrown in.

Interesting to see what developments these new owners have in mind. If anything, it's a great site for a new ground, very little housing around, at the moment and good transport links. That whole area is due for an improvement. Which raises the question, why put future developments in jeopardy by involving BRFC in it?

I thought the same 

This story has been out there for months 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rich said:

The deal is done.