IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Didn't they already do that? Long way to go on that.

I'm sure Marvin has been bending a few rules to allow a developer to buy council owned land, with the promise of PP thrown in.

Interesting to see what developments these new owners have in mind. If anything, it's a great site for a new ground, very little housing around, at the moment and good transport links. That whole area is due for an improvement. Which raises the question, why put future developments in jeopardy by involving BRFC in it?

If you are talking about the fruit market then there is a fair amount of housing close by (such as Paintworks) & a lot more is planned in the surrounding area, such as Arena Island & up towards Midland Rd.

I would not be surprised in the slightest though if they get the support of the current mayor and his associates  :gasmask:

4 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

With no planning permission submitted ?

It's being arranged and brokered by Bristol city council. Rovers first buy the fruit market then put in application that will fly through. 

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you are talking about the fruit market then there is a fair amount of housing close by (such as Paintworks) & a lot more is planned in the surrounding area, such as Arena Island & up towards Midland Rd.

I would not be surprised in the slightest though if they get the support of the current mayor and his associates  :gasmask:

Chief of staff for mayor is a massive rovers fan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's being arranged and brokered by Bristol city council. Rovers first buy the fruit market then put in application that will fly through. 

Chief of staff for mayor is a massive rovers fan.

That seems like a massive conflict of interest, perhaps some of the people of Bristol might like this issue investigated. Planners being pressed to force things through?

Judicial review may be?

....there could be ‘something positive in the next few weeks..’ - I thought the Fruit Market stadium should be close to fruition by now?! Or was that typical of the normal bollox they always chuck at their deluded, dwindling support to keep them salivating?! What now??!! 
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/something-positive-next-few-weeks-4210937

34 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

That seems like a massive conflict of interest, perhaps some of the people of Bristol might like this issue investigated. Planners being pressed to force things through?

Judicial review may be?

To be fair let them build it. 

Affordable housing built at memorial ground will be the reason the council involved. 

2 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Judicial review may be?

I've walked my dogs down there for years...whilst on my way for picnics and everything. It's definitely a village green.... :whistle2:

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In reality, it's very little. Hardly anything along the Bath Rd, just paintworks relatively close and other housing is just in the planning stage. Planned housing doesn't really count as it'll also include housing, as well as whatever else is planned for this site. If it were long established housing estates then it might bring up opposition. I'm sure there'll still be opposition?

17 hours ago, Rich said:

Didn't they already do that? Long way to go on that.

I'm sure Marvin has been bending a few rules to allow a developer to buy council owned land, with the promise of PP thrown in.

Interesting to see what developments these new owners have in mind. If anything, it's a great site for a new ground, very little housing around, at the moment and good transport links. That whole area is due for an improvement. Which raises the question, why put future developments in jeopardy by involving BRFC in it?

You say "good transport links"? Not so sure about that. 

It might be near a train station but it's more likely most of what counts for their support will want to drive and the roads in St Phillips ain't great. In fact, it'll be gridlock central I'd have thought, especially when you factor in all the thousands upon thousands who'll be locked out every week.

Agree with your comments re the mayor though. When not in Malaysia, he's spent all his time doing **** all for Bristol as a whole but plenty for the minority interests close to his heart - the gAssholes counting for both on that score.

It would be interesting to hear Rees explain why he considers that part of the city completely unsuitable for a 12,000 capacity concert venue but perfectly fine for a 20,000 (guess) football stadium.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Am i missing something here, they couldn’t afford to build at UWE when the land was free but can afford buy the land and build which would be three times as much?

I guess someone is building it for them as part of a bigger project and they will be tenants rather than owners of a new stadium. 

14 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You say "good transport links"? Not so sure about that. 

It might be near a train station but it's more likely most of what counts for their support will want to drive and the roads in St Phillips ain't great. In fact, it'll be gridlock central I'd have thought.

Agree with your comments re the mayor though. When not in Malaysia, he's spent all his time doing **** all for Bristol as a whole but plenty for the minority interests close to his heart - the gAssholes counting for both on that score.

It would be interesting to hear Rees explain why he considers that part of the city completely unsuitable for a 12,000 capacity concert venue but perfectly fine for a 20,000 (guess) football stadium.

Which is a complete waste of time as they can’t even fill their marquee up currently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

In reality, it's very little. Hardly anything along the Bath Rd, just paintworks relatively close and other housing is just in the planning stage. Planned housing doesn't really count as it'll also include housing, as well as whatever else is planned for this site. If it were long established housing estates then it might bring up opposition. I'm sure there'll still be opposition?

There is approved in planning permission for a huge tower block just up from (and on the opposite side of the road to) The Thunderbolt, 17 storeys high, I think.