IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is Margot still alive? Sick bugger! ;)

Felicity Kendall has the best arse, by an absolute mile!

Being a relative (cant really call myself a young un any more) young un, until now my only exposure to Felicity Kendall was a line in Red Dwarf about them passing a moon that looked like her bottom that they flew around a few times.

One of the few references I didn't get, though I could fill in the blanks as it were.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, weeble said:

To the best of my knowledge, neither City or Rovers have ever had a planning application turned down by the council. Despite various members of both sets of supporters claiming that the council are biased in favour of ‘the other lot’, history suggests that they have been supportive of both teams.

I’m assuming you never attended the meeting at City Hall when the move to Ashton Vale was being proposed then? It couldn’t have been more obvious that everything possible was being done to stop it.

As for the other lot, probably not in my best interests to say too much, but if you look hard enough it is pretty easy to find evidence of how they have been helped recently & are likely to continue to be for at least the next year.,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I’m assuming you never attended the meeting at City Hall when the move to Ashton Vale was being proposed then? It couldn’t have been more obvious that everything possible was being done to stop it.

As for the other lot, probably not in my best interests to say too much, but if you look hard enough it is pretty easy to find evidence of how they have been helped recently & are likely to continue to be for at least the next year.,

I did not (I’m a Rovers fan), but agreement was made to transfer the allotments and planning permission granted on green belt land. Hardly the most effective blocking tactic. If it hadn’t been for the Judicial Review (ice skating, really?!), Ashton Vale would have been built.

Edited by weeble
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, weeble said:

I did not (I’m a Rovers fan), but agreement was made to transfer the allotments and planning permission granted on green belt land. Hardly the most effective blocking tactic. If it hadn’t been for the Judicial Review (ice skating, really?!), Ashton Vale would have been built.

Very economical with your memory there. The area known as Ashton Vale, where the stadium was planned, was scheduled to be removed from the green belt and, agreed by the four unitary authorities prior to an application going in. It was also deemed to be a very important development for the region and as such, met the criteria allowing development within an existing Greenbelt area. 

Agreement for the allotments, was for the "sale" of the allotments to BCFC, as was also agreed for the East End car park, not a transfer. 

The QC appointed to hold the village green application review, was appointed by Bristol City Council. It just so happens that, she had "NEVER" found against an application for a village green. Makes one wonder why she was appointed and, who recommended her.

We also had a scenario where the chair of planning was replaced on the morning of the meeting and replaced by a person on the committee actively opposing the development, Simon Rayner. He spoke beautifully with his mates from the green party, whom he gave extra time to present their case against the development and managed to get a refusal, which went to an appeal.

On the other side of the city, at a very  important planning meeting to determine whether there could be a redevelopment of the rugby ground. Six members of the committee were removed on the morning of the meeting and, replaced with six councillors who actively supported the scheme. The application was passed, I wonder who made that decision to change the committee members.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Very economical with your memory there. The area known as Ashton Vale, where the stadium was planned, was scheduled to be removed from the green belt and, agreed by the four unitary authorities prior to an application going in. It was also deemed to be a very important development for the region and as such, met the criteria allowing development within an existing Greenbelt area. 

Agreement for the allotments, was for the "sale" of the allotments to BCFC, as was also agreed for the East End car park, not a transfer. 

The QC appointed to hold the village green application review, was appointed by Bristol City Council. It just so happens that, she had "NEVER" found against an application for a village green. Makes one wonder why she was appointed and, who recommended her.

We also had a scenario where the chair of planning was replaced on the morning of the meeting and replaced by a person on the committee actively opposing the development, Simon Rayner. He spoke beautifully with his mates from the green party, whom he gave extra time to present their case against the development and managed to get a refusal, which went to an appeal.

On the other side of the city, at a very  important planning meeting to determine whether there could be a redevelopment of the rugby ground. Six members of the committee were removed on the morning of the meeting and, replaced with six councillors who actively supported the scheme. The application was passed, I wonder who made that decision to change the committee members.

The point I had been making was that no planning application by City or Rovers has ever been refused by the council. That remains the case.

25 minutes ago, weeble said:

The point I had been making was that no planning application by City or Rovers has ever been refused by the council. That remains the case.

I suppose if you meet planning law requirements, that will be the case.  It's not all about planning applications though is it? There were so many things which slowed or changed things, leaks to the press, leaks to the BBC, leaks to the green party, leaks to the six opposition groups, because people behind the scenes were shall we say, not playing fair. Like I said about the planning committees being changed, about the village green application going in the same day as the AV planning application, about the appointment of the QC. I firmly believe forces within the council were working to thwart the AV development. Whether that be for political or personal reasons, or both, I doubt we'll ever know.

Good luck with the fruit market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/06/2020 at 12:26, BCFC11 said:

Hey, I'll have you know that the loyal and true turnt up in their droves, look..............................

rovers.jpg

That picture is quite eerie.

There's no one around, not even a stray dog.

There's a bus load of needy mental defectives roaming the streets looking for anyone to cheer them on. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Swede said:

That picture is quite eerie.

There's no one around, not even a stray dog.

There's a bus load of needy mental defectives roaming the streets looking for anyone to cheer them on. 

When a National newspaper ran a story asking if it was the ‘worst open top bus tour ever?’ they bitched and cried that the bus was on the way to the Parade.

Strange really because City fans managed to show up at the Gate to cheer our players as soon as they left the ground.

as well as lining the route...

As always, we make the effort and turn up.....they don’t. 

5C1DC091-275A-46CA-9D04-828CD70E2B85.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

So how can a team that couldn’t afford £500k to finish the season, Afford to build a new stadium?

And have a new training ground, plus a new academy opening in London, I don’t understand 

comin’ for us mind

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

So how can a team that couldn’t afford £500k to finish the season, Afford to build a new stadium?

They wont be paying for it. Id expect 90% of the cost to be paid by sources outside the club. 

They sell The Mem, Wally gets his money back and he chucks the rest via one of his overseas operations at the new stadium leaving him with a small percentage. 

Rovers pay and own nothing come the end. All the other non matchday income would go to the stadium owners.

At least that's how i see it ?

• Like 1