IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Such a lucrative investment opportunity coming up and yet his family want no part in it. Interesting.

Selling up? Can't see him clearing that much debt out of the goodness of his heart.

He’s got something in the pipeline regarding a stadium, I think that much is obvious. 

If it’s a good deal remains to be seen. The family are out now and they’ve took their money back, so it cannot have been that good.....

It looks like the start of something for the slags and wally.  Is it going to be a happy or sad ending? 

5 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

He’s got something in the pipeline regarding a stadium, I think that much is obvious. 

If it’s a good deal remains to be seen. The family are out now and they’ve took their money back, so it cannot have been that good.....

It looks like the start of something for the slags and wally.  Is it going to be a happy or sad ending? 

Oh oh sad , please . 

:devil:

What a time to be a Gashead, debt free tonight and a multi million new stadium development being announced next week, not sure life can get better than this, we jut need to convince Matty Taylor we can offer him better prospects than Oxford and it will have been a perfect summer. 

• Haha 11

8 minutes ago, Gashead2017 said:

What a time to be a Gashead, debt free tonight and a multi million new stadium development being announced next week, not sure life can get better than this, we jut need to convince Matty Taylor we can offer him better prospects than Oxford and it will have been a perfect summer. 

That stadium is happening then.

Can't lie, that's commitment, still a long way to go but this might be it for the sags. Along with the Colony and this London academy thing, things are going on.

Not quite the backing we have I'm sure but those sorts of the things are what has been causing the club to be such an embarrassment, amongst other things of course.

Edited by nebristolred

11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Basically he's cleared the debt off and bought out his own family for one reason. The fruit market deal has been signed he will redo the benefits of memorial stadium being sold to Bristol city council for affordable housing etc. 

Watch this space. 

As the rumoured price for the fruit market site is £65m and the Mem is worth probably less than a third of that, how do the numbers stack up?

1 minute ago, weeble said:

As the rumoured price for the fruit market site is £65m and the Mem is worth probably less than a third of that, how do the numbers stack up?

Outside investment. He wont be the sole owner for long or if he is, neither he nor anyone else associated with the club will own the stadium, it will likely be multiple 3rd parties.

Give the sums still needed for the training ground, infrastructure and investment in the team, it's either a ridiculous time to be doing this given the current climate or a brilliant one. I really don't know.

6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Outside investment. He wont be the sole owner for long or if he is, neither he nor anyone else associated with the club will own the stadium, it will likely be multiple 3rd parties.

Give the sums still needed for the training ground, infrastructure and investment in the team, it's either a ridiculous time to be doing this given the current climate or a brilliant one. I really don't know.

Quite. The family think it’s time to sell up he thinks it’s time to go all in. They cannot both be right. 

Edited by DSTAF
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, weeble said:

It is £65 million but rovers aren't paying that. 

Maybe tweet the mayor's head of office supporting rovers fan. Council have brokered the deal for fruit market and will be partners going forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Honestly it’s kind of fair *****, whether or not it will end like the sags are dreaming is one thing but wiping off all their debt, especially since some on here including me thought that that debt could’ve bankrupted them in future years, is kind of just fair enough wally

Actually I’ve seen more doom and gloom from the Slags about Al Qadi and the way their club is heading than predictions of financial ruin on here.

You should probably tell them...

Rovers seem to be debt free as of tonight but it doesn’t solve the problem of the weekly losses that are being accumulated. As Charles Dickens’ character,   Mr Micawber, said: 

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Adjust that for inflation and you have the scenario facing Rovers 

He's written off the £2.1m of interest that he's charged them, yet he still has the ownership of the Memorial ground and the colony. They were previously tenants at the rugby ground and they're still tenants at the rugby ground and if it gets built they'll be tenants at the colony and the fruit bowl. To realise his debt before this transfer, he'd have had to sell the ground. To realise his debt now, he'd have to sell the ground. Both resulting in leaving them homeless. I understand they are now on paper debt free but, they have no assets to their name and are still losing money on a daily basis. If a company have no assets and are losing money, don't the directors have to call in the administrators? I suppose they could underwrite those losses personally, which is effectively what they've been doing but just racking up paper interest. 

At the end of the day, the family put up about £9m and he's paid that back from his family inheritance and, will get the proceeds from the rugby ground sale to compensate him personally.

Doesn't look like much has changed to me

52 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Honestly it’s kind of fair *****, whether or not it will end like the sags are dreaming is one thing but wiping off all their debt, especially since some on here including me thought that that debt could’ve bankrupted them in future years, is kind of just fair enough wally

Obvious gas is obvious. Nothings changed, still in hold of the land/ground, has invested the bare minimum of his own money, as he's (relatively) skint.

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 2

Spunked his inheritance in one go!

Seriously though, without the shackles of big brother counting every penny - and, assuming he has a few more quid - could see Rovers finally getting some investment.

If not, think first year student who has done his grant, student loans and is on the bones of his arse by Christmas year one. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Spunked his inheritance in one go!

Seriously though, without the shackles of big brother counting every penny - and, assuming he has a few more quid - could see Rovers finally getting some investment.

If not, think first year student who has done his grant, student loans and is on the bones of his arse by Christmas year one. 

Wally getting his inheritance has all the makings of a squaddies pay-day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

Surely he cant just spend taxpayers money supporting one club?!

No they shouldn’t (and I’m from the blue side), however if their role is to help organise various parties to sort out land deals etc, without investing as such,  then that would be acceptable. Projects such as Cabot Circus, had council input with the assembly of the site, without direct financial support.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, weeble said:

No they shouldn’t (and I’m from the blue side), however if their role is to help organise various parties to sort out land deals etc, without investing as such,  then that would be acceptable. Projects such as Cabot Circus, had council input with the assembly of the site, without direct financial support.

But they already have.