IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

A dustbin thread? Really? Can't they come up with at least one original thought. Do they have to steal everything.

I suppose it will have such hoots as;

1) Its not a proper stadium without terraces and tents (a few garden sheds and a cricket pavillion)

2) When was the last time you played Rochdale eh eh?

3) It doesn't have Babestation on tap.

Obsessive behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Bless !

A Dustbin thread.

How original 

image.thumb.jpeg.e0f2b54e0e9b476d221c5ebe680c564a.jpegimage.thumb.png.3428ecbb73622b02c3542d7af0420765.png

Hahahaha, we lose 2 games (so far) in a division they haven’t been as high as for a quarter of a century and they’ve already racked up 7 pages ?

Imagine what they’d be like if we ever got relegated from the football league by a club wearing our kit?

Or if we claimed to be the 6th richest club in the country before erecting a new tent stand?

Or we lost our best player for peanuts to our much bigger rivals after saying he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10 million?

Or one of the hundreds of other comedy moments they’ve provided over the last 5 years? ??

Of course, they’re not obsessed though...apparently.

9 minutes 40 seconds onwards, hilarious.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hahahaha, we lose 2 games (so far) in a division they haven’t been as high as for a quarter of a century and they’ve already racked up 7 pages ?

Imagine what they’d be like if we ever got relegated from the football league by a club wearing our kit?

Or if we claimed to be the 6th richest club in the country before erecting a new tent stand?

Or we lost our best player for peanuts to our much bigger rivals after saying he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10 million?

Or one of the hundreds of other comedy moments they’ve provided over the last 5 years? ??

My 15 minutes of fame :)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Absolutely hilarious.

I feel sorry for the guys making the video having to experience the half wits and dregs of society.

What a bunch of needy weirdos they are. Constantly on their phones checking the score of their rivals, so not even bothered about the paint drying dross they're watching. It could be that their attention span is that of a goldfish or lemming or that they have a lobotinous medical condition. Hopefully we were doing well that day as I would hate for the guys making that video having to witness the nightmare of the witless few pulling each other off and foaming at the mouth just because we were losing.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-bristol-rovers-boss-graham-4277194.amp

For a player to run his contract down then possibly Move to the Famous Mansfield Town in a lower league because they have offered more money tells you everything you need to know about the roverzzz. 

May have gazumped Rovers offer. What do they pay their players 

Edited by Red Army 75

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-bristol-rovers-boss-graham-4277194.amp

For a player to run his contract down then possibly Move to the Famous Mansfield Town in a lower league because they have offered more money tells you everything you need to know about the roverzzz. 

from that article:

"Should Clarke swap the Mem for Field Mill, he would be forfeiting a testimonial earned for 10 years of service with the Gas. "

My understanding on the way a testimonial works is that gate receipts will go to the player (and/or as is often the case the Players choice of charities).

Doesnt this imply for it to be of "real value" some of the Blue few would actually turn up and pay for a change? If Mansfield pay better wages than the fewers and he gets say a 3 year contract he may be better off just leaving anyway?

44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Nothing says, "you're 28, at the peak of your career, we want you to stay" more than a 12 month contract.

Appreciate that with games being closed to fans clubs are going to find it difficult to know what to do, but 12 months hardly seems to roll out the welcome mat.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Swede said:

Absolutely hilarious.

I feel sorry for the guys making the video having to experience the half wits and dregs of society.

What a bunch of needy weirdos they are. Constantly on their phones checking the score of their rivals, so not even bothered about the paint drying dross they're watching. It could be that their attention span is that of a goldfish or lemming or that they have a lobotinous medical condition. Hopefully we were doing well that day as I would hate for the guys making that video having to witness the nightmare of the witless few pulling each other off and foaming at the mouth just because we were losing.

You beat Fulham 2-1. Our game was effectively over and Fulham pulled one back late on, so by then I was just willing Fulham on , sadly wasn't to be. I have enjoyed your more recent results though :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nothing says, "you're 28, at the peak of your career, we want you to stay" more than a 12 month contract.

Appreciate that with games being closed to fans clubs are going to find it difficult to know what to do, but 12 months hardly seems to roll out the welcome mat.

Exactly. Usually a player will run his contract down and better himself financially and have more options who to play for . But to go to Mansfield who we all love is strange. Maybe he realises what a shit club rovers are . And probably he’s not that good. Mickey Mouse Rovers 

Edited by Red Army 75

Just reading some reaction to him leaving on the Post website from Gasheads. Got to love this one...

"Thanks for your service and effort Ollie. Magic moments like your goal at Eastleigh away will never be forgotten."

Your damn right it wont, Non League Bristol Rovers. We're never forgetting that either!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You beat Fulham 2-1. Our game was effectively over and Fulham pulled one back late on, so by then I was just willing Fulham on , sadly wasn't to be. I have enjoyed your more recent results though :)

You still don’t see how sad it is to be at a home game but checking our result. I genuinely don’t know who you are playing from one week to the next . You as a fan base are more concerned with us doing well than you’re own club. It’s why you’ll never do anything 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You still don’t see how sad it is to be at a home game but checking our result. I genuinely don’t know who you are playing from one week to the next . You as a fan base are more concerned with us doing well than you’re own club. It’s why you’ll never do anything 

I'll have a few quid with you that most members of this forum find out how  we have got on within a few minutes of your own game ending , I don't mind admitting that- if we are mid table- the next result I look for is yours. I think that is all 'part of the fun'. 

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

Get it right.

It's 1301 pages of taking the piss out of you lot!  Not checking to see how you're getting on.

With a fair bit of it coming from you for some weird reason.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'll have a few quid with you that most members of this forum find out how  we have got on within a few minutes of your own game ending , I don't mind admitting that- if we are mid table- the next result I look for is yours. I think that is all 'part of the fun'. 

I’ll fess up! I always look to see how the Gas have got on. I started watching city in the late 80s. At that time the clubs were very evenly matched (on the pitch at least) and the rivalry was bloody fierce. Even though over the years we’ve pulled ahead of them generally, I still can’t break that mindset of having to see how they’ve done (or more commonly these days, who they’ve been done by!).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I’ll fess up! I always look to see how the Gas have got on. I started watching city in the late 80s. At that time the clubs were very evenly matched (on the pitch at least) and the rivalry was bloody fierce. Even though over the years we’ve pulled ahead of them generally, I still can’t break that mindset of having to see how they’ve done (or more commonly these days, who they’ve been done by!).

Confession is good for the soul! 

(Hope you have a shit night tonight btw)

• Haha 2

Can't say that I ever check for Rovers' results, unless of course I hear that they're losing by 4 or 5. Or that they're playing against a team wearing the Rovers away kit and could get relegated to the conference.....

Other than that I really couldn't give a monkies. It is funny (and oh so easy) to take the pee though....

Edited by Taz

11 hours ago, Gazred said:

"Thanks for your service and effort Ollie. Magic moments like your goal at Eastleigh away will never be forgotten."

Sort of sums it up really doesn’t it ? 

Whilst some players dine out on a goal at Wembley or against a footballing giant Ollie’s goal away at Eastleigh will never be forgotten.

:laugh:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Miah, how gracious of you!.  Honestly, the season is most probably gone, so a bad result would sting (never want us to lose) but might force some changes which may benefit us in the long term (caveat....be careful what you wish for)!.

31 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

At least we're still playing ,not like your numpty bottom of the range leagues that no ****** is interested in and is more trouble than it's worth to continue............basically saying "who the **** cares " !

What is it with you recently, rag week ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

At least we're still playing ,not like your numpty bottom of the range leagues that no ****** is interested in and is more trouble than it's worth to continue............basically saying "who the **** cares " !

What is it with you recently, rag week ?

Don't let it get to you :)

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Edit: Of course the other irony is that the Villa fans behind us were chatting about the Birmingham City score!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Edit: Of course the other irony is that the Villa fans behind us were chatting about the Birmingham City score!

Hi Miah,

Sorry to go off at a tangent, but I notice from your GasChat and GasHeads forums that mention is made of some 'dislike' between the now-departed Ollie Clarke and a certain Steve(n?) Kaufman.

I don't recall his name in any recent Rovers squads, so are you able to shed any light on this?