IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 06/07/2020 at 12:19, Swede said:

Why, our fans were even being accused of being in with the Mansfield fans when you lot got relegated out of the league! Talk about conspiracy theories.

By the way, none of us actually believed you would get relegated that day.

Like I've said previously I welcome reading your comments on here and because of your (in the main) balanced opinions I am pretty sure you must be a City fan at heart!

Football is all about opinions and the world would be a duller place if we all had the same ones.

Well I  believed they'd get relegated that day.  And so did my 119 mates who were 

A) celebrating the result in the ground with the away fans after the full time whistle

and

B)  waiting outside the ground with unruly intent (!) at exactly the same time.

Perennial victims, eh?  ??

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

We’ve played them competitively 3 times in 18 years! I’m nearly 39 and grew up despising them because we were playing them regularly.  

Same, they were ******* tinpot back then as well but at least they gave us a game. Nowadays they just sit in the shadows and sneer at any ambition we have whilst their own funny little club provide constant ‘gifts’ for our amusement. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

One thing I have noticed especially this season . There’s no anti rovers songs sung anymore . 

I’ve heard a few, but as those Villa fans will tell you, nothing like the obsession they show towards us at the Mem. Maybe if they actually supported their players on the pitch once in a while they might have won more than one match since Christmas and maintained their own promotion push?

3 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Their bootleg dustbin thread accumulated 18 pages since the season resumed.

When was the last time they played clubs like Forest and Wednesday in the 2nd tier? ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

When was the last time they played clubs like Forest and Wednesday in the 2nd tier? ?

Forest in the 2nd tier - 43 years ago April 1977 

Wednesday in the 2nd tier - 29 years ago March 1991 

Bonus - Leeds in the 2nd tier - 58 years ago Feb 1962

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

I don't see them as rivals anymore and I'm old enough to remember the flower beds they used to have behind the goal at Eastville. That was when they had a decent football team. I can remember Shepherd, Lloyd, several Jones', Graydon & Jarman. I couldn't tell you who plays for them now apart from Clarke Harris an that's because it's meaningless. The infrastructure of football clubs has got bigger and better at the top end and they have been left behind. The gulf is getting wider each season between Leagues 1 & 2 and then the Championship and beyond. Their rivals now have to be Swindon, Cheltenham and Forest Green.

10 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Their bootleg dustbin thread accumulated 18 pages since the season resumed (understandable, we've been gutter). 

Since we've been linked with Hughton etc? 0 posts! Not even acknowledging it.

At least when they do something right we say argh, fair enough. They've stuck their heads in the sand as always.

There isn’t one player in our squad they wouldn’t take in a heartbeat , apart from the fact they’re thick support base would be up in arms about taking a ‘Ted’ despite the fact the player would improve their squad. Morrell , Walsh, Moore would all be in their first team and improve it.

The managers being linked with our vacancy they can only dream of. 

Our forum welcomes fans from other clubs , Brighton , Cardiff , Sheffield Wednesday, Preston & Swindon have all commented on this forum recently and not been banned !!

51 minutes ago, daored said:

There isn’t one player in our squad they wouldn’t take in a heartbeat , apart from the fact they’re thick support base would be up in arms about taking a ‘Ted’ despite the fact the player would improve their squad. Morrell , Walsh, Moore would all be in their first team and improve it.

The managers being linked with our vacancy they can only dream of. 

Our forum welcomes fans from other clubs , Brighton , Cardiff , Sheffield Wednesday, Preston & Swindon have all commented on this forum recently and not been banned !!

Considering one of our youngsters was player of the year at the Champions of their division yet couldn't get into our SQUAD and another of our youngsters plays international football at the time speaks volumes IMHO.

On 29/06/2020 at 19:09, Swede said:

A dustbin thread? Really? Can't they come up with at least one original thought. Do they have to steal everything.

I suppose it will have such hoots as;

1) Its not a proper stadium without terraces and tents (a few garden sheds and a cricket pavillion)

2) When was the last time you played Rochdale eh eh?

3) It doesn't have Babestation on tap.

Obsessive behaviour.

You know what I love is when they call us deluded. Getting managers like Hughton applying for our job and they have Robbie Fowler says an awful lot. Still it makes them feel better. Most prem fans I work with didn't even know there was a Bristol Rovers! I don't know why they keep making themselves look silly , if roles reversed I would keep quiet and focus on my team.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You know what I love is when they call us deluded. Getting managers like Hughton applying for our job and they have Robbie Fowler says an awful lot. Still it makes them feel better. Most prem fans I work with didn't even know there was a Bristol Rovers! I don't know why they keep making themselves look silly , if roles reversed I would keep quiet and focus on my team.

I always remember landing in O'Hare international in Chicago a few years ago and the security chap mentioned he was a Chelsea supporter and a member of their Chicago supporters club. I mentioned not everyone in the UK lives in London and that I lived in Bristol. 'Ah, Bristol City,yeah'. I mentioned there was another Bristol football club and he genuinely had never heard of them. :) True story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

34 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I always remember landing in O'Hare international in Chicago a few years ago and the security chap mentioned he was a Chelsea supporter and a member of their Chicago supporters club. I mentioned not everyone in the UK lives in London and that I lived in Bristol. 'Ah, Bristol City,yeah'. I mentioned there was another Bristol football club and he genuinely had never heard of them. :) True story.

Fair play to you for trying to boost awareness of Bristol Manor Farm FC!

• Haha 1

On 05/07/2020 at 06:58, 2015 said:

Just commenting to keep this on page 1. 

Still a League below us and mocking us for being a midtable Championship club.

Point of order Mr Chairman! They are a division below us, not a league ... if they were a league below us they’d be in the National League (again) ... pedantic? Oh yes ... but what is wrong with accuracy?! Both Bristol clubs play in the English Football League ... that is made up of three divisions below the premier league ... #AsYouWere ... ?

B9C3817F-91F2-4455-A79E-309FCF65D927.thumb.jpeg.a1a4465e9f44e35e305bc1468edf1335.jpeg

.....Said the 6th Richest Club in the Country....Unlucky da Shit!

Honestly, they really are masters of projection! Have an inferiority complex of Bristol City and then blame it on them by claiming they have delusions of grandeur!

Absolute belters.

THE GIFT! ? 

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Considering one of our youngsters was player of the year at the Champions of their division yet couldn't get into our SQUAD and another of our youngsters plays international football at the time speaks volumes IMHO.

Yet they consider our signing of Taylor as purely an attempt to screw them over.

Taylor did okay for us, he was only ever going to be a bit-part player, one of those busy players who would chase everything in the last 20 minutes.

They claim he wasn't given a chance, but the reality is he wasn't quite good enough for 90 minutes against a solid Championship back 4, but could put in a solid 20 or 30 minutes against a tiring back 4 in the latter stages of a game.

Whilst he has had injury problems, it seems to be a similar tale for one of their other big money movers, Bodin who hasn't ripped the Championship a new one (not sure that lad who went to Ipswich had much time to do anything before injury - Harrison wasn't it?)

They have spent way too long outside the Championship to have any idea just how much the standard and quality has improved. And I would guess that should we ever reach the Prem, the standard and quality there will surprise us.

That striker they have who was scoring last season hasn't attracted much interest for a reason.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yet they consider our signing of Taylor as purely an attempt to screw them over.

Taylor did okay for us, he was only ever going to be a bit-part player, one of those busy players who would chase everything in the last 20 minutes.

They claim he wasn't given a chance, but the reality is he wasn't quite good enough for 90 minutes against a solid Championship back 4, but could put in a solid 20 or 30 minutes against a tiring back 4 in the latter stages of a game.

Whilst he has had injury problems, it seems to be a similar tale for one of their other big money movers, Bodin who hasn't ripped the Championship a new one (not sure that lad who went to Ipswich had much time to do anything before injury - Harrison wasn't it?)

They have spent way too long outside the Championship to have any idea just how much the standard and quality has improved. And I would guess that should we ever reach the Prem, the standard and quality there will surprise us.

That striker they have who was scoring last season hasn't attracted much interest for a reason.

Harrison plays for Portsmouth, they claim he's better than Taylor blabla, best player they've had in recent history blabla, he looked awful.

Think he may be a City fan so I feel bad for saying it, but he was nowhere near even low endbChampionship standard, if that's their best? Laughable.

Edited by Seneca the Younger

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It couldn’t possibly have been the fact that we needed more goal scoring options, Taylor was local, scoring goals regularly, very cheap and clearly eager to come to us.

No, it can’t be as simple as that can’t it? ?

Its not our fault they include ridiculously low release clauses in their contracts.

Always playing the victims. Paranoid idiots.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It couldn’t possibly have been the fact that we needed more goal scoring options, Taylor was local, scoring goals regularly, very cheap and clearly eager to come to us.

No, it can’t be as simple as that can’t it? ?

Its not our fault they include ridiculously low release clauses in their contracts.

Always playing the victims. Paranoid idiots.

The signing of ‘The Snake’ (as the inbreds named him) rubber stamped the actual gulf between the Bristol clubs and as they say ‘the truth hurts’.

The club poured salt into the gaping wound by announcing the signing the way they did and then threw a tank of petrol on to the fire with the ‘Welcome To Bristol’ posters that were created for billboards around the City.

It wasn’t our fault he signed for us. Any player would take an opportunity to better themselves financially, be it at City or any other club offering a hike in salary. However, we did make a song and dance about it which was a bit cringeworthy and this took the Gasheads over the edge of the meltdown cliff.

I stuck a ‘Welcome To Bristol’ sticker on a Gashead mate of mine and in true Gas style I was pretty much ‘offered out’ as a result. It was a very very sore subject indeed.

I guess it was our standard ‘Delusions of Grandeur’ thinking that The Snake would leave Rovers on the brink of the playoffs and pushing for the Championship to join City a club punching above their weight and in decline despite spunking millions of Bristol Sport franchise pounds.

Then he joined us for just under a Tilson.....Cue the blame game!

5AA737A7-25C6-441A-A9F8-F5800AC4CE94.thumb.png.ab4f767e5f62b36da1d2aff73d4a6fd6.png

Edited by Gert Mare

12 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

The signing of ‘The Snake’ (as the inbreds named him) rubber stamped the actual gulf between the Bristol clubs and as they say ‘the truth hurts’.

The club poured salt into the gaping wound by announcing the signing the way they did and then threw a tank of petrol on to the fire with the ‘Welcome To Bristol’ posters that were created for billboards around the City.

It wasn’t our fault he signed for us. Any player would take an opportunity to better themselves financially, be it at City or any other club offering a hike in salary. However, we did make a song and dance about it which was a bit cringeworthy and this took the Gasheads over the edge of the meltdown cliff.

I stuck a ‘Welcome To Bristol’ sticker on a Gashead mate of mine and in true Gas style I was pretty much ‘offered out’ as a result. It was a very very sore subject indeed.

I guess it was our standard ‘Delusions of Grandeur’ thinking that The Snake would leave Rovers on the brink of the playoffs and pushing for the Championship to join City a club punching above their weight and in decline despite spunking millions of Bristol Sport franchise pounds.

Then he joined us for just over a Tillson.....Cue the blame game!

Just UNDER a Tilson.