IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just proves what a piss take this thread is . The mutants are laying low 

It has all been a bit quiet! With the lockdown and cancellation of league one there seems to have been very few opportunities for them to do something laughable every few days like usual.

I'll just throw in some random letters and numbers to cheer people up  

P15 W2 D4 L9 

18 hours ago, cityal said:

It has all been a bit quiet! With the lockdown and cancellation of league one there seems to have been very few opportunities for them to do something laughable every few days like usual.

I'll just throw in some random letters and numbers to cheer people up  

P15 W2 D4 L9 

Wouldn't go down that road we have only won once in the last 10 ourselves.

If they’re offered £700k, Rovers should take the money ASAP. Prior to joining Rovers JCH’s scoring record was average to poor. He’s had a good spell with them, but will this last or will he revert to his previous form? 

28 minutes ago, Quedgeley Exile said:

I was told that JCH was told to find another club in January as they could not afford his wages.

It’s all change North of the river now.

The fake sheikh has bought out his family & started work on that travellers site in South Gloucestershire.

According to their friends at the Post the new bloke in charge (I can’t remember his name, but the one who has won about 2 games in the last 20) is putting together an “exciting” squad & they are in a “stronger position than many because of Covid” apparently.

No, I couldn’t follow the logic, either.

It read like the sort of thing you get in North Korea.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The fake sheikh has bought out his family & started work on that travellers site in South Gloucestershire.

According to their friends at the Post the new bloke in charge (I can’t remember his name, but the one who has won about 2 games in the last 20) is putting together an “exciting” squad & they are in a “stronger position than many because of Covid” apparently.

Yes they all seem to think being debt free will last, but have seemed to have forgot that they are losing £3-4m a year so they won’t be debt free for long!!! 

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on to be honest, I'm very excited, seems like a lifetime ago they were losing week in week out, bring on the new season!

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 1

On 07/07/2020 at 17:37, Ska Junkie said:

I always remember landing in O'Hare international in Chicago a few years ago and the security chap mentioned he was a Chelsea supporter and a member of their Chicago supporters club. I mentioned not everyone in the UK lives in London and that I lived in Bristol. 'Ah, Bristol City,yeah'. I mentioned there was another Bristol football club and he genuinely had never heard of them. :) True story.

Over here in Canada land I have met two fellas from Northern Ireland and one from Glasgow who all asked me if I was City or Rovers. I just tutted, held my hands up and said 'really, you have to ask that. OTIB, OTIB...'

Perhaps because they were all in their 60s they still thought there was some kind of relevant rivalry, or genuinely didn't want to offend?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Wael Al-Quidi has apparently let it be known he has 100 million to spend on BRFC

I heard that he said he would cover the losses for the next 2 years. Does this mean he expects to lose £50m per year?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

Screenshot_20200712-151533.thumb.png.a7830ad6d733bf0963563d88cf5d209b.png

.... We only take 1,000 regularly to away games ...

When they say ‘regularly’, I presume they mean once or twice a season?

For a club who claims to have amazing away support they don’t sell out many of their away allocations.

Mind you they don’t sell out any games at home in their tiny ground either so I suppose it’s just what they do...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

My understanding was that the whole family wealth was in the region of 80 million. 

That is roughly correct based on their holdings in AJIB and the hotel group and if they held significant stakes in other companies doubtless we should have been told about it in the heady days of 2016.

If the President is telling trusted friends in the Bristol area that he has 100 million to spend on BRFC then either his wealth has been seriously underestimated or he has taken leave of his senses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bert tann said:

That is roughly correct based on their holdings in AJIB and the hotel group and if they held significant stakes in other companies doubtless we should have been told about it in the heady days of 2016.

If the President is telling trusted friends in the Bristol area that he has 100 million to spend on BRFC then either his wealth has been seriously underestimated or he has taken leave of his senses.

I think people are under estimating the number of years worth of dividends they have been able to take.

So I would imagine their wealth is far beyond the value of their current holding.