IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 23/07/2020 at 13:39, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Someone posted this on that ‘City till I die’ FB page last night.

How the mighty have fallen ? Goodbye Hull, sad to see you go ??

I bet Benjamin won’t be so chuffed when he’s getting his arse fondled against his will behind one of their piss stinking tents.

6FBBEE0E-7D45-4E62-B689-578D073AF4D1.jpeg

Why would any Hull fan have a passionate dislike of us..?! 

Obviously I'm aware that every fan of every other club prefers the mighty Rovers, to us.... But his distsin just seems a little misplaced. 

Anyway, I hope he enjoys his trip to the Mem....! 

• Haha 1

I would've thought all Hull fans have a liking for us as we're forever part of their history on one of their best days ever to be a Hull City fan.

I have no qualms about that day or any ill feeling towards them.

I would rather be involved in a match to get to the Premier League rather than lose a match to go out of the league.

Fair play, they’ve got a new training ground and looking a lot healthier than they did 6 months ago, but in typical Rovers fashion they’re now claiming they’re gonna take league one by storm and win the league! If they do then fair enough.  A new ground will bulk their attendances(even a few sell outs so people can see the new ground). They’re saying how Swansea, Brighton, Hull, Reading etc use to get similar crowds to them, then built a new stadium and got/get 20,000+ weekly.....yep that’s true  but they’re one team Cities. None of those teams have an inner City rival that’s already pulling 21,000 plus crowds!! 

9 hours ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Fair play, they’ve got a new training ground and looking a lot healthier than they did 6 months ago, but in typical Rovers fashion they’re now claiming they’re gonna take league one by storm and win the league! If they do then fair enough.  A new ground will bulk their attendances(even a few sell outs so people can see the new ground). They’re saying how Swansea, Brighton, Hull, Reading etc use to get similar crowds to them, then built a new stadium and got/get 20,000+ weekly.....yep that’s true  but they’re one team Cities. None of those teams have an inner City rival that’s already pulling 21,000 plus crowds!! 

Have I missed something? New ground? 

10 hours ago, Swede said:

I would've thought all Hull fans have a liking for us as we're forever part of their history on one of their best days ever to be a Hull City fan.

I have no qualms about that day or any ill feeling towards them.

I would rather be involved in a match to get to the Premier League rather than lose a match to go out of the league.

Spot on. The 15ers are insane to still be harping on about our play off final. We were 90 minutes away from the top division, they will never get anywhere near a game like that.

There's no real reason for Hull to dislike us, although the odd fan probably does.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Surely you have seen the designs and the bulldozers heading to the Fruit Market?

Well no actually, although I'm rather a long way from those parts! I follow this thread and thought that the fruit market was still just speculation...?

Just now, BS2 Red said:

Spot on. The 15ers are insane to still be harping on about our play off final. We were 90 minutes away from the top division, they will never get anywhere near a game like that.

There's no real reason for Hull to dislike us, although the odd fan probably does.

They're all odd fans, as anyone who was on a train out of Wembley with them will know. Subdued and morose as though they'd lost. It's been widely commented on on here too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Well no actually, although I'm rather a long way from those parts! I follow this thread and thought that the fruit market was still just speculation...?

Sorry mate, I was being sarcastic. You are quite right, it’s all speculation but you would think they were laying bricks from their forum and the local press. As far as we know they haven’t even bought the land yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Yes, they’re due to move into their new stadium next year. Wael said so.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-wael-al-qadis-3180637

Reading through that old interview just highlights what a greasy little snake oil salesman, that guy is. I find it  as hard to understand how people believe him as I do that people vote for Trump.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

They're all odd fans, as anyone who was on a train out of Wembley with them will know. Subdued and morose as though they'd lost. It's been widely commented on on here too.

Yeah I remember. A mate of mine couldn't take the utter silence on the tube train and just said "why the hell aren't any of you celebrating? We'd be going ******* mental!". They sort of weakly smiled and went back to looking depressed about winning. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Yes, they’re due to move into their new stadium next year. Wael said so.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-wael-al-qadis-3180637

They`ve done a really good job I reckon. There doesn`t seem to have been any disruption to traffic during this major construction project and all local businesses seem to have been able to function normally - it`s almost as if no work is being carried out so fair play to them.

They must be just adding the finishing touches now ready for the grand unveiling in a month or two.

#comingforus

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

Yeah I remember. A mate of mine couldn't take the utter silence on the tube train and just said "why the hell aren't any of you celebrating? We'd be going ******* mental!". They sort of weakly smiled and went back to looking depressed about winning. 

Don`t forget they were on their way back to Hull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know I'm in the minority,  but I would like to see the Gas get their new training facilities, new ground so that their "fan base" cannot give any more excuses for not turning up for their games, not getting promotion to the Championship and then their inevitable slide into the bottom league again despite having everything in place for them to do so.

1 hour ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I know I'm in the minority,  but I would like to see the Gas get their new training facilities, new ground so that their "fan base" cannot give any more excuses for not turning up for their games, not getting promotion to the Championship and then their inevitable slide into the bottom league again despite having everything in place for them to do so.

Can't believe they think anything will change, compeition wise.

They may get a basic training ground, and even less likely may get a basic 'stadium'.

Both would be League One standard, at the very best. Brand 'new' facilities, and they're not even as good as half the teams in your division.

There won't be a single player that improves due to it, or a single fan that will pick them over us.

Nothing will change, other than them having more expenses and a bigger hole in their pockets.

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

They may get a basic training ground, and even less likely may get a basic 'stadium'.

Both would be League One standard, at the very best. Brand 'new' facilities, and they're not even as good as half the teams in your division.

There won't be a single player that improves due to it, or a single fan that will pick them over us.

Nothing will change, other than them having more expenses and a bigger hole in their pockets.

I just want them to fail without the chance for them to blame whatever circumstances,  just to fail on their own merits so to speak

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I may be in the minority but I think despite their lack of facilities etc they could do quite well on the football front next season. They appear to be building a decent team, with on field leaders such as Max Ehmer(Ex Gills captain)

7 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I may be in the minority but I think despite their lack of facilities etc they could do quite well on the football front next season. They appear to be building a decent team, with on field leaders such as Max Ehmer(Ex Gills captain)

They desperately need a good season, they were well on the way to having one at the start of last season, but in amongst the good results there seemed to be a lot of negativity about the quality of football they were watching.

If this Garner fella can get his methods and ideas across and the players buy in, they might well do okay, although based on 'named clubs' League One looks like it will be ultra competitive next season.

23 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Good on paper, but with Mr Rubbish managing them you wont get a good team gelling.

12 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I just want them to fail without the chance for them to blame whatever circumstances,  just to fail on their own merits so to speak

Funny how they say they’ve got a large fanbase of ‘proper’ football fans then make the excuse that their attendances are so low because they haven’t got a big shiny stadium with loads of comfy seats to sit in?

Plastics.

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

but in amongst the good results there seemed to be a lot of negativity about the quality of football they were watching.

Yeah, they constantly slagged off that bloke and also his daughter on Social Media, Garner’s had plenty of grief as well. Before Wally decided to cover their debts on his own their was plenty telling him to get out of their club.

..But don’t forget it’s only City fans who behave like that, apparently ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

I reckon they'll be midtable next season, shouldn't be troubled by relegation but won't be troubling the playoffs. 

Gas logic says they are coming for us because they've made some good signing on paper but they need to get by Wigan, Charlton, Hull (if they somehow get their act together), Sunderland, Ipswich, Peterborough, Doncaster, Portsmouth, Plymouth and Oxford. 

I've said it before but the gap between league one and the championship is growing and I expect it'll be the same few teams that fight it out for promotion/play offs. One good season may get you up but you need a fair bit of luck and investment to stay up. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They desperately need a good season, they were well on the way to having one at the start of last season, but in amongst the good results there seemed to be a lot of negativity about the quality of football they were watching.

If this Garner fella can get his methods and ideas across and the players buy in, they might well do okay, although based on 'named clubs' League One looks like it will be ultra competitive next season.

I’m not sure being a ‘named club’ in League 1 does you any favours. Look at Sunderland. Expectations can be unwanted baggage

Classic Rovers double standards, they really are the thickest and most bitter fanbase.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16487/billionaire-owner-south-river-redundant

Then this

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16503/voluntary-redundancies-gas

I am sure we all hope those affected by redundancy find other jobs and wish them the best of luck.

Edited by Dynamite Red

9 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Classic Rovers double standards, they really are the thickest most bitter fanbase.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16487/billionaire-owner-south-river-redundant

Then this

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16503/voluntary-redundancies-gas

I am sure we all hope those affected by redundancy find other jobs and wish them the best of luck.

Bitter fanbase but sad all round 

Rovers making a lot of signing early on in the window. 

Speaking to a gashead, apparently Wael unfortunately lost his father recently so he's got more money to put into the club.

Get the impression they're also working with the MRKT Insights team. I know @Davefevs and I briefly mentioned them on another thread. With MRKT Insight's assistance and an increase in spending when others around them might struggle due to less income, could they be looking at a decent 2020/21 campaign?