IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Rovers making a lot of signing early on in the window. 

Speaking to a gashead, apparently Wael unfortunately lost his father recently so he's got more money to put into the club.

Get the impression they're also working with the MRKT Insights team. I know @Davefevs and I briefly mentioned them on another thread. With MRKT Insight's assistance and an increase in spending when others around them might struggle due to less income, could they be looking at a decent 2020/21 campaign? 

That's general knowledge, you didn't need to sully yourself by speaking to a gashead to find that out. Did he ruin that true statement by saying he has inherited "billions"? :) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They’re currently highly excited with the signing of a 23 year old striker who’s never played league football and has a record of just over 1 in 4 in non league/league of Ireland. 

Mind the gap

It's a market they have historically done well in, although it is quite likely that with the gaps between each division being stronger than they have been, it might be a challenge for the player to step up.

That said, some people just have a habit of scoring.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

It's a market they have historically done well in, although it is quite likely that with the gaps between each division being stronger than they have been, it might be a challenge for the player to step up.

That said, some people just have a habit of scoring.

They’ve found some good players from non league, but also I’d imagine plenty of flops as well. To be honest, any striker who scored 4 in 33 at National League level 2 seasons back wouldn’t exactly seem like a league one ready player, we’ll see though

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

They’ve found some good players from non league, but also I’d imagine plenty of flops as well. To be honest, any striker who scored 4 in 33 at National League level 2 seasons back wouldn’t exactly seem like a league one ready player, we’ll see though

They certainly got Paul Randall and Barry Hayles from the non-league who both did very well, but I think the gap may be a lot bigger nowadays.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They certainly got Paul Randall and Barry Hayles from the non-league who both did very well, but I think the gap may be a lot bigger nowadays.

And Nigel Martyn, from St Blazey, after being spotted by the club's tea lady while she was on holiday.

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Decent player who netted most of his goals early on in the season then went through a large period without scoring but not sure if that was down to injury. Surprised they aren't claiming the title yet. 

They are .

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Their training ground looks stunning.....  :rofl2br:

50129834688_9f7b2ce362_c.jpg

A couple of observations.

1/ Is it a case that having sold Hillsborough to ease FFP restrictions, Wednesday are now selling sheds? It would explain the colour scheme.

2/ Why are the security guards seemingly walking a goat?

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

A couple of observations.

1/ Is it a case that having sold Hillsborough to ease FFP restrictions, Wednesday are now selling sheds? It would explain the colour scheme.

2/ Why are the security guards seemingly walking a goat?

That's our kid 

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2020 at 12:45, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I reckon they'll be midtable next season, shouldn't be troubled by relegation but won't be troubling the playoffs. 

Isn't it usually their way that their push for the play offs only fizzles out, once their relegation is confirmed..?!