IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, that's a multi-thousand-lira cottage industry down the swanny!

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/august/brand-protection/

I liked the part:

“The Club has registered a range of intellectual property rights, including current and historical logos and words and phrases associated with the club “

The majority of words and phrases associated with Bristol Rovers are not the sort you you use in polite company 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I liked the part:

“The Club has registered a range of intellectual property rights, including current and historical logos and words and phrases associated with the club “

The majority of words and phrases associated with Bristol Rovers are not the sort you you use in polite company 

I 'ates they gurt Ted's........

It was Teds putting on Mansfield accents in the away end that caused the trouble.......

Two divorces, Thatcher Years.............

We're coming for you...........

This time next year Rodders.......

.........are all words and phrases associated with Tented Village FC. None of that can be described as INTELLECTUAL, surely?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mr Yoda said:

Anybody who is really childish could have fun with this ...

"If you see any products that are being sold illegally, or if you would like to enquire about the use of Club's trademarks, please email brand@bristolrovers.co.uk"

"Yes, I was sold an illegal product. It was a ticket to watch Bristol Rovers play league football against Mansfield Town at the Memorial Stadium.
The "stadium" appeared to actually be a camp site, both teams seemed to be Bristol Rovers and at the end of the game (which can only loosely described as "football") I was informed that in fact one of the Bristol Rovers teams were not a league team after all." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, that's a multi-thousand-lira cottage industry down the swanny!

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/august/brand-protection/

Who the hell would want to use that image on anything to sell!?

35 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Things like this must be costing the club a fortune...

image.png.5f4988859ed97563ad23d3c37c4d047f.png

They're official merchandise. They got the idea from John Lansdowns crayon shirts....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I liked the part:

All the Gas companies must be shitting themselves right now waiting from a call from their powerful legal company. :) 

3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Something not quite right in the Sags memory. He states his first match was at Eastville in 1988 but they were already in Bath then.

Do any of them ever tell the truth?

Or maybe like most of the blue few he doesn’t actually go to matches so they could be playing in Frankie and Bennys for all he knows.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Do any of them ever tell the truth?

Or maybe like most of the blue few he doesn’t actually go to matches so they could be playing in Frankie and Bennys for all he knows.

Also the point of the interview was to talk about getting kits of teams the Sags have played yet he is wearing a Sampdoria shirt. Have they played them?

• Like 1

How much do they pay the local press for this puffery?

"The Memorial Stadium is not the prettiest ground, the most modern, high-tech or glamorous. But at 3pm on a Saturday, excluding when the world is in the midst of a pandemic, what it does have in bundles is soul and passion exuding from the thousands of Gasheads supporting their team."

No wonder they believe their own myths really.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

How much do they pay the local press for this puffery?

"The Memorial Stadium is not the prettiest ground, the most modern, high-tech or glamorous. But at 3pm on a Saturday, excluding when the world is in the midst of a pandemic, what it does have in bundles is soul and passion exuding from the thousands of Gasheads supporting their team."

No wonder they believe their own myths really.

I guess pluralising thousand is technically still (just about) correct

On 14/08/2020 at 13:23, pongo88 said:

I liked the part:

Yes; funnily enough in work sometimes I use the term "I'm in the bristol rovers" with people from all over the country and they know EXACTLY what I mean.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

True, but suggesting it's some incredible cauldron of noise is embarrassing.

As mentioned before, I lived near the Mem for years and could rarely tell when they were at home.

Watched Northampton against the Gas up there with a friend and apart from a few anti City songs they made little noise.

They certainly aren’t anywhere near as passionate and loud as they think they are inside their massively deformed heads. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 14/08/2020 at 13:23, pongo88 said:

I liked the part:

The use of the word "intellectual" when referring to them is kind of ironic.....and not of the Alanis Morissette variety either!

I believe they're also suing all the Governments of the world who instigated a lockdown during this Pandemic as the word is far too close to their protected word of lockout....

Edited by Steve Watts

It's desperate down on page 3, you can hardly breathe, but I think I've managed to keep a breast of all the news ?

The authorities won't allow Rovers to use their training ground until all planning conditions have been met which will be sometime next year if ever and the new stadium at St Philip's is going to be built with banana skin ? 

Edited by bert tann

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

It's desperate down on page 3, you can hardly breathe, but I think I've managed to keep a breast of all the news ?

The authorities won't allow Rovers to use their training ground until all planning conditions have been met which will be sometime next year if ever and the new stadium at St Philip's is going to be built with banana skin ? 

What sort of conditions need to be met?