IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, weeble said:

The construction of the changing rooms isn't due to be finished until December (and that was always the case). As players are not recommended to share changing rooms at the moment where possible, because of Covid-19, we have the perfect excuse to ask them to turn up already changed.

The internal layout of the clubhouse has changed from the original rugby layout, so will not have the arrangement you describe.

So you are sure no request has been made to extend the agreement with the current training centre venue till May 2021.

And you have heard of no communications taking place which have included the phrase “uncertainty over whether the Almondsbury Training Centre will be completed” ?

10 minutes ago, bert tann said:

So you are sure no request has been made to extend the agreement with the current training centre venue till May 2021.

And you have heard of no communications taking place which have included the phrase “uncertainty over whether the Almondsbury Training Centre will be completed” ?

I have no idea whether a request has been made to extend the agreement with the current training centre. The  pitches at Almondsbury are already structurally complete. The first grass cut was yesterday.

As for the clubhouse building, architects are working through the planning conditions, which would seem to be a little odd if there is uncertainty over its completion.

1 hour ago, weeble said:

I have no idea whether a request has been made to extend the agreement with the current training centre. The  pitches at Almondsbury are already structurally complete. The first grass cut was yesterday.

As for the clubhouse building, architects are working through the planning conditions, which would seem to be a little odd if there is uncertainty over its completion.

I would think it a little odd, that architects are working through planning conditions, especially if all planning criteria had been met and they are in the process of starting the build. It did get planning permission, did it? Lot's of questions could follow.

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

I would think it a little odd, that architects are working through planning conditions, especially if all planning criteria had been met and they are in the process of starting the build. It did get planning permission, did it? Lot's of questions could follow.

It would appear that conditions are still in place from 13/11/01 and an application for their removal was received August 6th. Awaiting decision. Perhaps all is not as it would appear re the planning process. Surely the conditions would refer to a more recent application.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

It would appear that conditions are still in place from 13/11/01 and an application for their removal was received August 6th. Awaiting decision. Perhaps all is not as it would appear re the planning process. Surely the conditions would refer to a more recent application.

The August 6th application is to meet the condition on specifying the types of brick and roof tiles to be used. The two conditions asked to be removed have already been agreed. The other conditions are very straight forward and will not be an issue, however much BertTann apparently would like them to be.

20 minutes ago, weeble said:

The August 6th application is to meet the condition on specifying the types of brick and roof tiles to be used. The two conditions asked to be removed have already been agreed. The other conditions are very straight forward and will not be an issue, however much BertTann apparently would like them to be.

Bricks and roof tiles thats a first.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, weeble said:

Looks to me as if it's still about the other conditions imposed in November 2001. If not, why are they referred to?

Proposal Discharge of condition 1 (materials) attached to planning permission PT16/4965/RVC. Erection of clubhouse, floodlights and store. Construction of vehicular and pedestrian access and car park. Removal of conditions 7 and 13 attached to planning permission PT01/2726/F dated 13.11.01, (which relate to building opening hours and the personal, non-professional and specific users of the site by Bristol Combination Trustees.)
Status Awaiting decision

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Looks to me as if it's still about the other conditions imposed in November 2001. If not, why are they referred to?

Proposal Discharge of condition 1 (materials) attached to planning permission PT16/4965/RVC. Erection of clubhouse, floodlights and store. Construction of vehicular and pedestrian access and car park. Removal of conditions 7 and 13 attached to planning permission PT01/2726/F dated 13.11.01, (which relate to building opening hours and the personal, non-professional and specific users of the site by Bristol Combination Trustees.)
Status Awaiting decision

If only that wasn't true....

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Status Awaiting decision

The original application in 2001 to convert the site to a rugby training centre, is the one being used. Sufficient progress was made at the time for the planners to consider it had been started and South Glos have confirmed it is still extant.

The PT16/4965/RVC is an application (in 2016), to change two of the conditions attached to the 2001 permission. One condition (no. 13) was to change the wording referring to Bristol Combination Trustees, as this was no longer relevant. The other (no. 7) limited the use of the site until after 6pm on school days. This was because in 2001, the planners were worried about the effect the extra traffic might have on the junction with the A38 during school hours. However in the meantime, the Hortham hospital site has been developed for housing, and the road improved and a traffic light controlled junction with the A38 installed as part of it. Therefore the condition was regarded as irrelevant and has been removed.

The remaining conditions generally refer to things that have to be completed before the buildings are used. It is normal practice to deal with these as the development proceeds. If you want to bore yourself silly, take a look at the BCC planning website, where you can find dozens of examples of planning conditions applied for, for buildings that are already underway.

I hope this is clear, if somewhat tedious.

Edited by weeble
  • Like 1

althepirate
Club Legend
7 hours ago
socrates likes this
From a selfish point of view I'm not keen on call ups for our players. They are in the world's shop window and whatever the monetary reward is we as fans often get an inferior replacement. Still this is Wael's way and I feel more confident the cash will be reinvested in the team unlike previous years. 
Good luck to him I think he is superb.

1 minute ago, daored said:

althepirate
Club Legend
7 hours ago
socrates likes this
From a selfish point of view I'm not keen on call ups for our players. They are in the world's shop window and whatever the monetary reward is we as fans often get an inferior replacement. Still this is Wael's way and I feel more confident the cash will be reinvested in the team unlike previous years. 

christmas vacation GIF

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, daored said:

althepirate
Club Legend
7 hours ago
socrates likes this

Which player off of the conveyor belt of international footballers they've sold to the world are they referring to?

• Like 1