IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Strong evidence? What evidence is that?

Like I said, despite what some of them post on a public forum knowing full well that the thread has been noticed by us, there are definitely, 100% Gasheads out there who think exactly the same as the OP on that thread.

We get called deluded by them on a regular basis but I can hand on heart say that I hear far more Gasheads claiming their club is a big club than I do City fans saying it.

Shh! ?

Jeez, you can tell normal service is resumed. City win, scum lose and then they come up with that load of bollocks.

I've read some shite from them but this has to be a wind up, no sane person would post drivel like that unless they were looking for a bite surely..

Not far off West ham? Good god! Just the multiple FA cups, European campaigns, multiple internationals, mega stadium and the 47000 extra fans to find then. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, OneCity said:

Absolute delusion!

Portsmouth have won the League twice; won the FA Cup twice, and the League Cup; they were in the top flight (old division one), from 1927 until 1959. That's 32 consecutive seasons. Their highest home attendance is 51k

Bigger than Portsmouth... ?

It depends on how you measure things. Rovers play at the Memorial Stadium which was built in 1920/21 on a patch of ground called Buffalo Bill’s Field. The location was named after Colonel William “Buffalo Bill” Cody, whose Wild West Show had proven popular there in 1891.

Did Buffalo Bill every perform at Fratton Park? NO - because Buffalo Bill knew that Portsmouth was always going to be a small club 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

That has to be one of us on a wind up, surely?

I've just pi55ed myself laughing!!!

Bigger than Pompey, Wigan and Hull City! 

Remind me, when was the last time the sags were in a FA Cup final? (The Watney Cup doesn't count)

Remind me, when were the sags last in the Premier League?

Jeez, talk about being deluded. They are a joke of a club and they ought to recognise that they are a but a small and insignificant fish in a big sea, a lower league minnow.

Too much fake fanta and self flagellation to babestation has rotted the few brain cells a moron posesses.

They’re at it again.

Icegas
Fans' Favourite
20 hours ago
Jomo and gertrude1883 like this

I don't know if the opening poster is on the wind up or not...But with respect if you look at clubs like Wigan and Hull that are now back in our league.

Or at clubs like Swansea,Cardiff, Reading, Rotherham,Bournemouth, Huddersfield,Stoke and others.All have been mostly played in the bottom two levels and never filling there old grounds 10/15 years ago and before spending time in the top flight ( apart from Rotherham that is) all were on the same level crowd wise as us and smaller clubs.

At the moment (pre C19) at the Mem- we would average anywhere between 8k- 9k during a standard mid table season, and 10k plus during a decent season.People forget how awlful the MEM is for any fan of football unless you are in an expensive
Box in the west stand. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

They’re at it again.

Icegas
Fans' Favourite
20 hours ago
Jomo and gertrude1883 like this

I don't know if the opening poster is on the wind up or not...But with respect if you look at clubs like Wigan and Hull that are now back in our league.

Or at clubs like Swansea,Cardiff, Reading, Rotherham,Bournemouth, Huddersfield,Stoke and others.All have been mostly played in the bottom two levels and never filling there old grounds 10/15 years ago and before spending time in the top flight ( apart from Rotherham that is) all were on the same level crowd wise as us and smaller clubs.

At the moment (pre C19) at the Mem- we would average anywhere between 8k- 9k during a standard mid table season, and 10k plus during a decent season.People forget how awlful the MEM is for any fan of football unless you are in an expensive
Box in the west stand. 

Self awareness is not their strong point is it.

Bless.

• Like 1

They average a tad over 6 IIRC, We average over 21,000 and we aren't bigger than the clubs mentioned. As for the West Ham thing, yeah right.

We know what we are  a club that aspire, they are a pitiful support and club built on lies and utter delusion.

Let's talk reality, they wouldn't stand a choc ice in hells chance at our level let alone the one above.

I bet they think they're bigger than the Blades and Southampton because those clubs have been at the same level they are currently at?

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Oxford probably a bigger club than the Gas.

Amazingly there's one thing the gas have over Oxford and that is a 4 sided stadium. 

But I agree I'd say Oxford are a bigger club. 

In terms of league one I'd say rovers are on equal footing or a bigger club then Accrington, Crewe, Rochdale, Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Burton Albion. 

8 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Amazingly there's one thing the gas have over Oxford and that is a 4 sided stadium

In terms of league one I'd say rovers are on equal footing or a bigger club then Accrington, Crewe, Rochdale, Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Burton Albion. 

Highly arguable, does the memorial ground count as a stadium? 

16 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Amazingly there's one thing the gas have over Oxford and that is a 4 sided stadium. 

7 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Highly arguable, does the memorial ground count as a stadium? 

Agreed. I'd hardly say collapsible "stands" would give them the edge over anybody.

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Even Shrewsbury and Burton Albion, who have not achieved much over the years, have modern grounds. They were built 15 and 13 years ago respectively, but Rovers new stadium is still just talk 

2 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'm sure Oxford could put up a tent on their empty side, if they didn't think it would be an utter embarrassment..! 

• Haha 3