IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Three times....

Spurs, Forest and Man City.

I went to the Spurs and Man C games.  Spurs game was the first and possibly only game I've ever been to on my own.  I don't recall the Forest semi at all though. What year was that?

I'm guessing between 1980 and 1990 as I didn't get to many games during that decade as I was living and working away from Bristol.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I went to the Spurs and Man C games.  Spurs game was the first and possibly only game I've ever been to on my own.  I don't recall the Forest semi at all though. What year was that?

I'm guessing between 1980 and 1990 as I didn't get to many games during that decade as I was living and working away from Bristol.

1989, drew at the city ground and lost in et at the Gate in a monsoon.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Ben Garners thoughts on the new training ground....

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ben-garner-gives-update-bristol-4491494

"We have got an option of doing what we are currently, where we’re using marquees and temporary buildings at the current training ground we are using."

New players clearing dog shit then. Bet they'll be impressed.

23 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Moron FC need to compare themselves against the likes of 

Rochdale, Lincoln, Oxford, Crewe, 

To suggest anyone else is complete nonsense.

Hang on a minute;

1) Rochdale perform very well in an area where there is a lot of local competition. They are a very well run club. Unlike the sags.

2) Lincoln have a good fanbase and have done extremely well since getting back into the league and have had a much publicised FA Cup run. The sags have a dwindling fanbase and getting to the 2nd round would be a major achievement.

3) Oxford have a modern stadium, play good football and again have performed well in the Cup competitions raising the profile of the club and. The sags play in a run down tip that has more tents than a refugee camp.

4) Crewe: Have made great strides on and off the pitch under the tutelage of Dario Gradi who has been instrumental in the development of many a young player and although he is no longer there, he has left a legacy to be proud of. Coupled with that they developed the main stand and increased their capacity.

My memory's a little sketchy but I think you have to go back to 1937 when the sags last built a permanent structure.

All in all I think you'll have go a lot lower for comparison, such as Braintee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/09/2020 at 20:59, GreedyHarry said:

They’re at it again.

Icegas
Fans' Favourite
20 hours ago
Jomo and gertrude1883 like this

I don't know if the opening poster is on the wind up or not...But with respect if you look at clubs like Wigan and Hull that are now back in our league.

Or at clubs like Swansea,Cardiff, Reading, Rotherham,Bournemouth, Huddersfield,Stoke and others.All have been mostly played in the bottom two levels and never filling there old grounds 10/15 years ago and before spending time in the top flight ( apart from Rotherham that is) all were on the same level crowd wise as us and smaller clubs.

At the moment (pre C19) at the Mem- we would average anywhere between 8k- 9k during a standard mid table season, and 10k plus during a decent season.People forget how awlful the MEM is for any fan of football unless you are in an expensive
Box in the west stand. 

I don't think they do...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the fans reaction to our respective chairman says a lot about the character of a portion of the fan base. 
Wael of Fortune has made promise after promise on investment and getting a new ground with no visible progress. He is clearly stringing them along until he can land a sucker to get his money back, yet he is a “nice man” with the club at his heart that they would follow anywhere.

We have Steve Lansdown who has spent a significant part of his personal fortune in building us a ground, investing in training ground and keeping us afloat in turbulent times, but he is lying scumbag who is only interested in rugby and is holding us back.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PhilC said:

Ben Garners thoughts on the new training ground....

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ben-garner-gives-update-bristol-4491494

"We have got an option of doing what we are currently, where we’re using marquees and temporary buildings at the current training ground we are using."

Fair play.! Some clubs really do go the extra mile for marginal gains, by recreating an authentic home match day experience at their training ground. 

Innovative! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I think you’re being rather unfair to Wael. He has spent money - Championship ready sprinklers, Santa’s Gritto and grass seed for their new training ground. 

There were also unsubstantiated reports that a large purchase of Round Up Pump & Go was also bought.

This may have been a sponsorship deal though as it resembles their 'style' of play!