IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Not only was it on their website, but they also claimed in the very same article that no other club apart from Spurs had invested more in their stadium that summer... :rofl2br:

Forgot that little beauty.

Not only is that tin pottery of the highest order, its obviously a load of bollocks - I suspect that clubs like City spend as much on maintenance every season.

5 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

It will be interesting if and when restrictions are removed this season, to see how their attendances compare to Plymouth and Swindon. 

Guaranteed that Plymouth would be higher home and away, Swindon would be closer. 4th biggest club in the West Country anyone? 

FGR average around 2,500 and I can't see them getting much more than that tbh.

Not a large catchment area and, whilst its a great success story, not a lot of history.

If they can push above 3k in their new stadium, they'll be doing well imo.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

FGR average around 2,500 and I can't see them getting much more than that tbh.

Not a large catchment area and, whilst its a great success story, not a lot of history.

If they can push above 3k in their new stadium, they'll be doing well imo.

Err.. I was talking about the Gas! 

Sadly I can't see FGR's attendances ever being higher than the Gas. 

Even more sadly I don't think FGRs attendances at the new stadium will be any higher than they are in Nailsworth. At least after the novelty wears off. It will be 8 miles from the existing core supporter base and the support for the move is far from universal. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fgrsimon said:

Err.. I was talking about the Gas! 

Sadly I can't see FGR's attendances ever being higher than the Gas. 

Even more sadly I don't think FGRs attendances at the new stadium will be any higher than they are in Nailsworth. At least after the novelty wears off. It will be 8 miles from the existing core supporter base and the support for the move is far from universal. 

No idea why I went on about FGR - must have been your username :laugh:

OK, last season up to lockdown;

Rovers 7348

Plymouth 10338

Swindon 7788

No contest.

39 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Rovers 7348

Plymouth 10338

Swindon 7788

No contest.

Yeah but the balloon fiesta was on, England are playing, Bristol City are playing, Those teams don't have to compete with another team... And so on and so forth with gas logic excuses 

Just now, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Yeah but the balloon fiesta was on, England are playing, Bristol City are playing, Those teams don't have to compete with another team... And so on and so forth with gas logic excuses 

And the ground, don't forget the ground, who would want to watch football in that environment. 

9 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'm surprised they haven't said their ground is as unique as the quarters in their shirt. 

With typical gas logic they say that people only come to watch us because of our ground, but they wouldn't want a ground like ours. The Mem is "real football" which clearly interests a lot less people.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Rovers 7348

Plymouth 10338

Swindon 7788

No contest.

Can you add us, just to amplify our undoubtedly vast superiority over all of them?

21693  wasn't it? ?

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

Edited by Ska Junkie

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Can you add us, just to amplify our undoubtedly vast superiority over all of them?

21000 and something wasn't it? ?

Can't see the attendance for us up to lockdown but last season was 21.080.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Weren’t Swindon in the division below the Sags last season?

Yes - and Plymouth.

On 05/09/2020 at 21:02, Redsi2 said:

After their result today this belter is adamant he isn't on a wind up. If he believes this he clearly needs help!!

Screenshot_20200905-205737_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-205345_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 06/09/2020 at 20:59, GreedyHarry said:

They’re at it again.

Icegas
Fans' Favourite
20 hours ago
Jomo and gertrude1883 like this

I don't know if the opening poster is on the wind up or not...But with respect if you look at clubs like Wigan and Hull that are now back in our league.

Or at clubs like Swansea,Cardiff, Reading, Rotherham,Bournemouth, Huddersfield,Stoke and others.All have been mostly played in the bottom two levels and never filling there old grounds 10/15 years ago and before spending time in the top flight ( apart from Rotherham that is) all were on the same level crowd wise as us and smaller clubs.

At the moment (pre C19) at the Mem- we would average anywhere between 8k- 9k during a standard mid table season, and 10k plus during a decent season.People forget how awlful the MEM is for any fan of football unless you are in an expensive
Box in the west stand. 

And they blabber on about us having delusions of grandeur?!!! FML!

Thank god Sunderland love them, after all they are a similar size club.

I’m surprised that Sags went up there en masse last season (at least 20k of Sags there according to them) for their cup final. I thought they don’t want to go anywhere near anything red? Oh, but they get reassurance that they are loved more than da shit so it’s ok.

They should be challenging for the championship with crowds of 7k in a tented shithole with a condemned pasty shack and portaloos.

More eyesight trouble than Dominic Cummings on a trip to Barnard Castle!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

as were Plymouth 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Can't see the attendance for us up to lockdown but last season was 21.080.

Yes - and Plymouth.

Hahahahahaha, Brilliant!

4th best supported club in the region and below 2 clubs who were in a lower division than them last season.

What the hell makes their balloon head fans think that they’ve got great support?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hahahahahaha, Brilliant!

4th best supported club in the region and below 2 clubs who were in a lower division than them last season.

What the hell makes their balloon head fans think that they’ve got great support?

There balloon heads have marbles rattling around inside