IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

See, my mind immediately turned to where they were in non league but even then, I believe Bath knocked them out of the FA Trophy. 

Did a non league team beat them in the FA cup in their first season as a league club?

I’m glad you brought up the fact that Rovers got beaten at home by Bath City in a competitive match because I think it’s funny.

In their first season as a League club they were knocked out of the FA Cup by Chesham in what was seen as a ‘Minnow killing’.

Just now, frenchred said:

Am I the only one who finds having over 2000 pages dedicated to that lot embarrassing? 

It’s not our fault they give us so much to laugh about.

Why don’t you have a go at them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Am I the only one who finds having over 2000 pages dedicated to that lot embarrassing? They are not, and haven't really been our rivals for years. The little childish comments and inuedos put us on a par with them to a certain degree

Don’t read it then 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Am I the only one who finds having over 2000 pages dedicated to that lot embarrassing? They are not, and haven't really been our rivals for years. The little childish comments and inuedos put us on a par with them to a certain degree

Not in the slightest. For the majority of their existence they have held onto our shirt tails and done their utmost to thwart our progression. Given any encouragement, they will still be a threat, as they are only one division or good/bad season away from us. There are many examples of them holding us back, along with mopping up a level of support which would be useful if it was attached to just the one club. As a result, they are still hanging on and, if I and others can highlight their petty ways and comical existence to future or floating support and in some way increase our support, then that's good enough reason for having this thread.

• Like 6
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Totally agree, I thought we were bigger than that! In the remote possibility that they got promoted and we are in the same division, all this would come back and bite us on the ass!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Totally agree, I thought we were bigger than that! In the remote possibility that they got promoted and we are in the same division, all this would come back and bite us on the ass!

No it wouldn't,

We don't play in a tent

We actually have a training ground

We actually have a academy 

We actually have a owner willing to back the manger and build inferstructure 

We don't inflate our attendance figures

We don't think we are bigger then clubs like West ham

We have a sense of humour 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Would it bollocks ?, stop being such a bedwetter. Teams get promoted, teams get relegated. I appreciate that slightly bigger clubs like Burton and Yeovil have made it to the Championship in recent years but one lucky promotion for the Gas doesn’t wipe out all the embarrassing nonsense they’ve been responsible for over the last couple of decades.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

New forward signed, looks like he'll be banging the goals in for them! 

Screenshot_20200910_173907_com.android.chrome.jpg

They really are so small time these days.

My favourite one (The Post trotted it out this week) is the Red “half” of the City.

Their gates are just over a third of ours now, signings like this (with the Clarke-Harris money) show just how small they now are.

They’re a bottom eight third division club with no prospect of improving their position at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Whilst I admire your observation, I’m not sure we have too much to shout about in this regard?

I think the post was regarding regularly losing to non-league teams in cup competitions- I don't think this club has ever lost to a non-league club in its entire history. We have a lot to shout about in this regard.

Anyway **** 'em.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the post was regarding regularly losing to non-league teams in cup competitions- I don't think this club has ever lost to a non-league club in its entire history. We have a lot to shout about in this regard.

Anyway **** 'em.

Technically we have - we lost to Spurs in the cup in about 1908 or something and they were a Southern League side - but I believe that`s it. We have come close a couple of times (thank the Lord for Tony Thorpe v Kingstonian!)

We certainly don`t have their prowed history of giving non-league clubs a big day out at our expense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frenchred said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I am afraid it doesn't look like many (er . .  actually any) agree with your opinion so the general consensus of opinion is that we continue to have the largest of laughs at their opinionated expense.

Now where's that lovely Mansfield goal with the laughing policeman song in the background?

Seriously, they bring it all on to themselves. This thread would start to slow down if they actually accepted that they are just a low end League 1/2 side.

Football has moved on but their dwindling moronic fan base of window lickers are still stuck in the 1970's.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Would it bollocks ?, stop being such a bedwetter. Teams get promoted, teams get relegated. I appreciate that slightly bigger clubs like Burton and Yeovil have made it to the Championship in recent years but one lucky promotion for the Gas doesn’t wipe out all the embarrassing nonsense they’ve been responsible for over the last couple of decades.

Yeah, but if they beat us just once, we would never here the end of it! Do you know me by any chance? I’ve been wetting the bed for years!!!

• Haha 1

This is why they bring it upon themselves......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rrEYCqbq5PE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They will argue blind that they are not obsessed with us (it's the other way around) and they don't constantly check the City score or sing about us when they have 2 seconds of joy.

A timely reminder is required of why this thread continues to thrive...….

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fE0IkBRNGoA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

This is why they bring it upon themselves......

They will argue blind that they are not obsessed with us (it's the other way around) and they don't constantly check the City score or sing about us when they have 2 seconds of joy.

A timely reminder is required of why this thread continues to thrive...….

Case and point when that Villa fan who goes around vlogging did a video at the Mem. The guy wasn't even a neutral either as he had previous for having a bit of a pop at us in his videos, even mentioned Rovers as a better club at one point to wind us up. 

Took him one trip to the Mem to realise how wrong he really was. Some of them even tried to claim none of the stuff in his video actually happened at one point, laughable. 

5 minutes ago, InCyder said:

Case and point when that Villa fan who goes around vlogging did a video at the Mem. The guy wasn't even a neutral either as he had previous for having a bit of a pop at us in his videos, even mentioned Rovers as a better club at one point to wind us up. 

Took him one trip to the Mem to realise how wrong he really was. Some of them even tried to claim none of the stuff in his video actually happened at one point, laughable. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VW9N0OiSxq8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The bit at the very end was produced by a Sag after seeing our new badge by the way....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, InCyder said:

The Knockouts summed up perfectly in one short video .

On 10/09/2020 at 11:24, Silvio Dante said:

See, my mind immediately turned to where they were in non league but even then, I believe Bath knocked them out of the FA Trophy. 

Did a non league team beat them in the FA cup in their first season as a league club?

They lost to the mighty Chesham in the 15/16 season in the first round, then in 16/17 they managed to negotiate the first round (after a replay) against Crawley before losing to non league Barrow. 

31 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

They lost to the mighty Chesham in the 15/16 season in the first round, then in 16/17 they managed to negotiate the first round (after a replay) against Crawley before losing to non league Barrow. 

& a couple of years ago lost to non-league Barnet