IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 hours ago, Swede said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I am afraid it doesn't look like many (er . .  actually any) agree with your opinion so the general consensus of opinion is that we continue to have the largest of laughs at their opinionated expense.

Now where's that lovely Mansfield goal with the laughing policeman song in the background?

Seriously, they bring it all on to themselves. This thread would start to slow down if they actually accepted that they are just a low end League 1/2 side.

Football has moved on but their dwindling moronic fan base of window lickers are still stuck in the 1970's.

1870's

43 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

& a couple of years ago lost to non-league Barnet

and a pub team from Essex.

Looking at their forum (what a joke), it seems that the optimist's are expecting mid-table obscurity whereas the pessimists think they will be in a relegation dogfight.  Not many seem to see them as promotion hopefuls.

From what I've seen and heard about their signings, performances and management, a trip down to the 4th division for 21/22 seems quite a high possibility.

Should get a stuffing at the Stadium of Light before they come back next week to the Stadium of Shite (assuming that it has not blown away).

Their own predictions don't look good here:

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16683/2020-2021-prediction-league-week

Sorry if this has contaminated our forum.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

Some spiv from oddschecker has us down for relegation ???

Bristol Rovers (21st) occupy the first relegation spot. I’m surprised how much respect the bookies are giving them this season. They have the Gas rated as a top 10 side and I can’t for the life of me work out why. They’ve lost their key striker Clarke-Harris and guess who was their second-top scorer in the league last season? Abu Ogogo with three goals. Everyone else managed two or fewer goals. Now someone please tell me why they are rated as a top ten side!

James Daly and Jonah Ayunga are the only recognised strikers at the club and they have a combined total of 3 EFL games to their name. Defensively they’ve got a half decent lot of centre back options but they look weak at full back, whilst classy midfielders Liam Sercombe and Ollie Clarke, so long a positive partnership for Rovers, have departed. They’re one of my favourite bets of the summer at a huge 8/1 for relegation.

Just now, bert tann said:

Bristol Rovers (21st) occupy the first relegation spot. I’m surprised how much respect the bookies are giving them this season. They have the Gas rated as a top 10 side and I can’t for the life of me work out why. They’ve lost their key striker Clarke-Harris and guess who was their second-top scorer in the league last season? Abu Ogogo with three goals. Everyone else managed two or fewer goals. Now someone please tell me why they are rated as a top ten side!

James Daly and Jonah Ayunga are the only recognised strikers at the club and they have a combined total of 3 EFL games to their name. Defensively they’ve got a half decent lot of centre back options but they look weak at full back, whilst classy midfielders Liam Sercombe and Ollie Clarke, so long a positive partnership for Rovers, have departed. They’re one of my favourite bets of the summer at a huge 8/1 for relegation.

If Garner gets 15-20 games this season and on current form (over last 18/19 games), you'll be relegated just after Christmas.  

12 hours ago, TomF said:

Thing is, it’s easier to keep one topic about them than have 100s of little threads. If you look at there forum sometimes it has 5-6 threads about us. Add them all up and they’d have an equally large topic.  

For many who don’t want to read constantly about them this serves a purpose - you eirher read it or you don’t. 

I agree. It`s also fun when you`re bored to select a random page to see what catastrophe had befallen them at that particular time.

A bit like `On this day in history` for City fans.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

They won't go down! 

If they are struggling at Christmas, they will sack Ben Garner, fulfill Roberto Marrinez's lifetime ambition of managing them and sign Danny Wellbeck, Mo Salah & Dean Windass to fire them to safety..! 

Just picture the 28,000 home fans invading the pitch to celebrate their miraculous escape at the last home game of the season..! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They won't go down! 

If they are struggling at Christmas, they will sack Ben Garner, fulfill Roberto Marrinez's lifetime ambition of managing them and sign Danny Wellbeck, Mo Salah & Dean Windass to fire them to safety..! 

Just picture the 28,000 home fans invading the pitch to celebrate their miraculous escape at the last home game of the season..! 

I think you missed out a 0 and that figure isn't even counting all of us in the away end. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looking at their forum (what a joke), it seems that the optimist's are expecting mid-table obscurity whereas the pessimists think they will be in a relegation dogfight.  Not many seem to see them as promotion hopefuls.

From what I've seen and heard about their signings, performances and management, a trip down to the 4th division for 21/22 seems quite a high possibility.

Should get a stuffing at the Stadium of Light before they come back next week to the Stadium of Shite (assuming that it has not blown away).

Their own predictions don't look good here:

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/16683/2020-2021-prediction-league-week

Sorry if this has contaminated our forum.

Not one of them has backed rovers for a win with many predicting a hammering against them. Could be interesting phone in at full time on RB if this plays out.

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They won't go down! 

A fitting, momentous occasion for the opening game at the Fruit Market stadium, open and built a year early and billions under budget

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Not sure if that was a perfect result for the Mackems or not. Both their favourite teams avoided defeat but they only picked up 2 points between them rather than 3. 

Probably too interested in our game involving their 2 most hated teams. Thank God we didn’t finish 2-2 or the flashbacks would’ve made them all shit their kecks in rage.

41 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Right I think we need a running total this season

Bristol "West ham of league one" Rovers red card and pen count 20/21

Played 1, 1 red against 1 pen for

1-1 away to Sunderland.

One of their belters is probably already writing a book about it.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably too interested in our game involving their 2 most hated teams. Thank God we didn’t finish 2-2 or the flashbacks would’ve made them all shit their kecks in rage.

1-1 away to Sunderland.

I didn’t realise we were playing Wycombe Wanderers today. :)

One of their muppets was following our official twitter feed. After the club tweeted. Sum that up in 3 words he put. Up  the Gas. After someone wrote mind the gap . He replied with . What , after a point at Sunderland ! 
like it’s some massive achievement ??? ******* peasants 

Edited by steviestevieneville

18 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sewer rats .Always have been always will be 

Nah, rats actually build.

Rats are known to burrow extensively, both in the wild and in captivity, if given access to a suitable substrate. Rats generally begin a new burrow adjacent to an object or structure, as this provides a sturdy "roof" for the section of the burrow nearest to the ground's surface. Burrows usually develop to eventually include multiple levels of tunnels, as well as a secondary entrance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

1-1 away to Sunderland.

That's Sunderland. One of of only 2 (TWO) out of god knows how many teams to have lost a game to Ben Garners' tramps. 

They must be pretty dire and happy to stop their momentous slide of the past 5 years. 

Imagine losing 2 games on the trot to Rovers...! Who was the last team to do that..?! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

One of their muppets was following our official twitter feed. After the club tweeted. Sum that up in 3 words he put. Up  the Gas. After someone wrote mind the gap . He replied with . What , after a point at Sunderland ! 
like it’s some massive achievement ??? ******* peasants 

The last time we only drew with Sunderland, there was uproar amongst our support (and Sunderland were a championship side then) now they are a retained league 1 side (we've just beaten the team that won that division) and they think they've achieved something momentous! ???

Collective wankfest by those idiots about getting a point at a shambolic Sunderland sums them up. Watching the efl show last night . Colin Murray said , Sunderland had 72% possession and 25 shots on goal . According to the fewers though , they played well ??

Edited by steviestevieneville

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Now they have drawn with Sunderland, have they booked the open topped bus for the end of season celebrations?

I'll look forward to that if it as good as the last one with nobody there and everybody looking decidedly embarrassed by it all especially when that passenger got on!