IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

To be fair to them a point away at Sunderland is a decent start, though they can’t keep getting awarded penalties & finish against 10 men all the time, can they?

Is it my imagination or do both of these things seem to happen a lot? Edit, just checked they had 7 penalties last season, the 3rd highest number.

Edited by GrahamC

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

To be fair to them a point away at Sunderland is a decent start, though they can’t keep getting awarded penalties & finish against 10 men all the time, can they?

Is it my imagination or do both of these things seem to happen a lot? Edit, just checked they had 7 penalties last season, the 3rd highest number.

Sunderland are naff, didn't even make playoffs 

• Like 1

On 11/09/2020 at 20:09, Lanterne Rouge said:

I agree. It`s also fun when you`re bored to select a random page to see what catastrophe had befallen them at that particular time.

A bit like `On this day in history` for City fans.

The gift is almost daily!

On 11/09/2020 at 23:00, Bar BS3 said:

They won't go down! 

If they are struggling at Christmas, they will sack Ben Garner, fulfill Roberto Marrinez's lifetime ambition of managing them and sign Danny Wellbeck, Mo Salah & Dean Windass to fire them to safety..! 

Just picture the 28,000 home fans invading the pitch to celebrate their miraculous escape at the last home game of the season..! 

40,000 is their magic number. It's the amount they take to Wembley (plus Teds)

On 12/09/2020 at 17:21, MrBibs said:

Not sure if that was a perfect result for the Mackems or not. Both their favourite teams avoided defeat but they only picked up 2 points between them rather than 3. 

Mutal back patting session for the closely linked clubs in terms of size and fan base

On 12/09/2020 at 18:22, Victory Park Reds said:

They talk about their great away support but they took absolutely no fans up there today.

They couldn't cancel their EasyJet flights so they were probably wandering aimlessly around South Shields.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Hence the Irene song lyric "I'll see you in my dreams".

Hence the lyric "Sometimes I have a great notion to jump in the river and drown"

• Like 1

I asked your mother for you
She told me that you was too young
I wish dear Lord that I'd never seen your face
I'm sorry you ever were born

I see that their famous 'anthem ' is about chasing young girls 

I love Irene, God knows I do
I love her 'til the sea runs dry
If Irene turns her back on me
I'm gonna take morphine and die

And suicide! Nice......not 

56 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I asked your mother for you
She told me that you was too young
I wish dear Lord that I'd never seen your face
I'm sorry you ever were born

I see that their famous 'anthem ' is about chasing young girls 

I love Irene, God knows I do
I love her 'til the sea runs dry
If Irene turns her back on me
I'm gonna take morphine and die

And suicide! Nice......not 

If Sky can get rid of Tommo, Le-tis & Charlie, and the BBC can get rid of the Question of Sport team, then I'm putting in a WOKE complaint right now to get this dirty song banned:laugh:

Anyone caught singing it to be fined 1000th of a Tilson and ordered to take a bath, haircut, dentist visit, and to throw out any Stone Washed denim jackets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

If Sky can get rid of Tommo, Le-tis & Charlie, and the BBC can get rid of the Question of Sport team, then I'm putting in a WOKE complaint right now to get this dirty song banned:laugh:

Anyone caught singing it to be fined 1000th of a Tilson and ordered to take a bath, haircut, dentist visit, and to throw out any Stone Washed denim jackets.

I know of one character still wearing the same stone washed denim jacket he wore on the tote back in the 70s caught in a banjo island time warp

"Referring back to Wael al Qadi’s comments from last August, even if planning is a long and drawn out process and even if we don’t have the land to build anything on yet, 13 months seems an extraordinarily long time with virtually no updates or progress if we’re to believe work is going on behind the scenes towards it. Last we heard was Starnes saying that progress was being made and that we could hear something positive in the next few weeks and that was almost three months ago now."

Edited by Seneca the Younger

12 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

"Referring back to Wael al Qadi’s comments from last August, even if planning is a long and drawn out process and even if we don’t have the land to build anything on yet, 13 months seems an extraordinarily long time with virtually no updates or progress if we’re to believe work is going on behind the scenes towards it. Last we heard was Starnes saying that progress was being made and that we could hear something positive in the next few weeks and that was almost three months ago now."

Dissent in the camp? He will be banned soon........