IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Given the Massive attack comments, I thought I would tell you a true story.

A couple of years ago, I was recruiting for a contractor in the Bristol area and ended up taking a lovely guy called Sean on. He was a red SC holder and used to go to matches with his mate Rick.

A while later after Sean got a permanent job he said he was going to see his friends band. I said 'pub band'? 'Nah, a bit bigger than that'. Turned out to be Massive attack at Filton and Sean was just their mate and they bought SCs together.

All our customers now call him 'Massive' which makes him feel good.

Mates from their Easton days and big City fans.

• Like 4

On 19/09/2020 at 21:01, Ska Junkie said:

I suppose they had to put the cutouts up as the deluded few had paid for them but the average methane snorter watchin their game today must have been thinking (apart from this is really shit) those damn shiteds will give us unbearable stick for this.

Yep saggies, we've seen it and are laughing at you, yet again!

#LOSERS

OTIB.

Getting thrown out of the league by Sir Colin, in a r*vers kit, has to be at the top of their list but being the only side knocked out of a cup competition before it started was pretty good, as was the window head butter. 

Another amusing story of a weird cup exit for Rovers.

92/93. They were trying to get into the Anglo-Italian cup.

As a kind of qualifier I guess, they had to win a group of them, West Ham and Southend.

First they played West Ham and drew 2-2, Next they beat Southend 3-0. Looking pretty good so far, West Ham would need to beat a 3-0 win to qualify.

West Ham beat Southend 3-0.

So Rovers and West Ham are both on 4 points, their game against each other was a draw, and they had the same goals scored. Nothing to separate them.

Normally at this point it would go down to discipline,  and the side with less bookings and/or red cards goes through. I'm not sure if this was also tied or not, but it went to a coin toss.

So were there club representatives sent to a location for it to be carried out? No, it was done over the phon, and they lost.

Rovers were knocked out of their chance of European football (of a sort) by the toss of a coin which they couldn't even witness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TomF said:

Skins also took the piss out then with Katie’s girlfriend who was blatantly meant to be Lewis Haldane 

Bloody hell Tom that’s a name to pull out of the hat, he was another of those who was going to make them millionaires wasn’t he?

Ended up at Yate after leaving the mighty Port Vale, I believe.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Bloody hell Tom that’s a name to pull out of the hat, he was another of those who was going to make them millionaires wasn’t he?

Ended up at Yate after leaving the mighty Port Vale, I believe.

He was the arse having a go at City fans on Twitter because Leeds went up. Came across as a right knob

Edited by Busterrimes

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I remember him scoring a few crackers when he first burst into their side but then faded away. 

This has to be based on him, although half our team had megan coupes in early 2000s iirc! 

I dont think I have ever heard anyone in Bristol say gurt lush without jesting. The way I have seen bristolians portrayed in skins is embarrassing.

The 15ers have signed some kid from Chelsea on loan.

Most of the assheads on ass-shat don’t seem very impressed that they have another youngster on their books.

They are claiming that we were not very impressed when we took Tammy on loan.

As usual; they have got it all wrong. I can recall nothing but excitement amongst us when the deal for Tammy was finally secured. It had taken all summer, after all !

• Robin 1