IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Just listened to Garner on Radio Bristol. Apparently it was the referee’s fault. That explains everything 

I watched it, the ref wasn't good but they were dreadful, 4-1 flattered them, it could and probably should have been 6 IMHO.

The gas keeper made one save towards the end iirc. I was too busy laughing to remember any more. 

They were totally outplayed!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They took the pi*ss out of Swindon when we signed Brett Pittman but he done ok today along with Johnny Smith?

Didn't realise Pitman had gone to Swindon.

Big fan of Brett when he was at AG, really classy finisher.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I watched it, the ref wasn't good but they were dreadful, 4-1 flattered them, it could and probably should have been 6 IMHO.

The gas keeper made one save towards the end iirc. I was too busy laughing to remember any more. 

They were totally outplayed!

The ref was Trevor Kettle so not surprised he was poor. It's all about him when he referees.

48 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

If Wally has any sense he would be on the phone to Steve Cotterill now begging him to become their manager. 

Steve Cotterill taking them down to the basement (again) would cement his place as a City legend. If that ever needed any re-enforcement. 

• Like 2

Their official Facebook page is an absolutely welter of discontent. Grab a bag of popcorn and scroll on through.

Best comment I’ve seen so far is: “Time to rip up the plans after 3 games and get Garry Thompson in to steady the ship.”

Yes, because that worked like a charm last time...

26 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

They took the pi*ss out of Swindon when we signed Brett Pittman but he done ok today along with Johnny Smith?

On what planet would any gashed be in a position to take the piss out of someone signing the likes of Brett Pitman..?! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I really can see Cotterill as manager there before November 

I can't. I would be amazed if he decided to get involved with that shower of shite..! 

What manager in the entire football league would be tempted to go there...?! 

I expect Bury's manager would tlrather take his chances with a phoenix club, over going there..! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just need a good result against Wednesday on Sunday and City would sit at the top of the Championship, whilst the Gas would be rock bottom of the 3rd division.  What a celebration could be coming on tomorrow.

I wouldn't see it as a celebration. After 3 games..! We aren't Swindon..! 

But makes a funny screenshot..! 

Their period of unparalled success seems to have slowed up a little..! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just need a good result against Wednesday on Sunday and City would sit at the top of the Championship, whilst the Gas would be rock bottom of the 3rd division.  What a celebration could be coming on tomorrow.

Most certainly not taking anything for granted re Wednesday but a 2 goal win puts us level with Reading at the top. :)

Early days but it would be nice to see.

OTIB

Edited by Ska Junkie

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't. I would be amazed if he decided to get involved with that shower of shite..! 

What manager in the entire football league would be tempted to go there...?! 

I expect Bury's manager would tlrather take his chances with a phoenix club, over going there..! 

Totally agree there BS3. Hell would have to freeze over first.

Cott's gave us one of the best season's we ever had, so there is zero chance he'd ever want to tarnish that feat by going anyway near that cesspit of a club. He's financially secure so doesn't really need to work again, and I'm sure he's turned down many a job since. I think he will get back into a job again, but he has the luxury of being as picky as he wants. Rovers is not on his list, and will never be on his list, believe me.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

That result and now their forum is better than spending an intimate 10 minutes with Kylie Minogue (JUST) ?

I think you should check with @Rudolf Hucker as to which is the best option. 

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I really can see Cotterill as manager there before November 

I hope not. Even with their limited resources he would keep them in League 1 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Charles Dickens - "A tale of two cities" could sum this up.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

That result and now their forum is better than spending an intimate 10 minutes with Kylie Minogue (JUST) ?

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think you should check with @Rudolf Hucker as to which is the best option. 

Personally, I sometimes  read their forum whilst enjoying an intimate 10 minutes with Kylie. 

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Cotts & Clough wouldn't go near the club.

The cowley brothers is a funny one, they hated their old manager for hoofball (which got them to 3rd in the table) and that's the main tactic of the cowley brothers. 

Even funnier they used call Coughlan the PE teacher sarcastically and weren't the Cowleys PE teachers?

• Thanks 1