IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Swede said:

As you can see they finished BOTTOM of the entire League in 1939, they can thank a certain Mr. one ball himself, A.Hitler of the Reichstag, Berlin for saving them the ignominy of having to apply for re election.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler,  if you think we're going down. 

• Haha 2

Their website continues to churn out contenders for the worst match reports of all time (and I’ve sub-edited shinty round-ups...)

Taking liberties with the English language comes a mite more naturally to them than taking penalties, it seems:

“In penalties, Leahy began with redemption, striking home the first penalty of the shootout, but misses from Ed Upson and Jack Baldwin costed the Gas a bonus point in the penalty shootut.”

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

Events of 1993:

George H Bush left the White House.

Homosexuality was decriminalised in Ireland.

Paul Pogba and Harry Kane were born.

2unlimited's "No Limit" is released.

Jurassic Park is released.

All of that is a very long winded way of saying it has been a really long ******* time. ?

I got married as well.

Oh well, with the Gas going down, the year wasn't all bad...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Their website continues to churn out contenders for the worst match reports of all time (and I’ve sub-edited shinty round-ups...)

Taking liberties with the English language comes a mite more naturally to them than taking penalties, it seems:

“In penalties, Leahy began with redemption, striking home the first penalty of the shootout, but misses from Ed Upson and Jack Baldwin costed the Gas a bonus point in the penalty shootut.”

Did you translate that to some other language and then back again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Not a piece of English to be particularly prowed of, it must be said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WessexPest said:

"n penalties, Leahy began with redemption, striking home the first penalty of the shootout, but misses from Ed Upson and Jack Baldwin costed the Gas a bonus point in the penalty shootut.”

Sounds like a pissed up Yoda

• Haha 2

On 06/10/2020 at 13:46, Bristol Rob said:

Just went for a quick gander over at Gas chat, and it appears one of them has done a podcast with Matty Taylor.

Amazing the amount of bitterness some of them seem to hold, granted, a fair number now appear to be over it, but the hate they seem to have for a bloke who is neither a Rovers or City fan and just an employee who clearly wanted a chance to earn more money and have a chance of Championship football is amazing.

They seem to blame everything and everyone for him moving on, bar the fact that if they spent their time getting behind their club they might be in a position to pay players what they're worth increase their aged fan base to include a new generation of supporters and to help drive the club forward.

But they'd rather play the victim. 

As reasonable a signing as Taylor was, he was never (to any club) going to be a multimillion quid transfer, he was probably worth no more than 750k as a League One player, and possibly double that with a bit of Championship experience.

I think they are all a bit deluded as far as Championship to League One standards are.

Ahh, the old ‘City fans spitting all over everyone’ myth, they love that one.

Dirty Slaghead hypocrites.

2242B181-96DE-4353-9B26-1CCA28C7E404.jpeg

DB2771DC-2E40-493A-9584-C683FE05CA39.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ahh, the old ‘City fans spitting all over everyone’ myth, they love that one.

Dirty Slaghead hypocrites.

2242B181-96DE-4353-9B26-1CCA28C7E404.jpeg

DB2771DC-2E40-493A-9584-C683FE05CA39.jpeg

More bitter than a keg of Tetley's!

Good old Snake. He'll be welcome back at the Gate for many years to come.

£300k pass to Korey Smith.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Good old Snake. He'll be welcome back at the Gate for many years to come.

£300k pass to Korey Smith

Yep, he’ll always be made to feel welcome at AG for various reasons. Great effort on the pitch, top class shithousery of opponents, that pass to Korey Smith to beat Man Utd in a game televised around the World and shafting the Gas. £300k well spent.

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

According to the EP their manager had a joke with their goalscorer before last night's game and he said "are you going to score tonight, he said Yeh, and he did" my ribs are still tickling.laugh a minute on the north side 

I think Bobby Davro gave him that one.

My gags were provided by Leslie Crowther.

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yep, he’ll always be made to feel welcome at AG for various reasons. Great effort on the pitch, top class shithousery of opponents, that pass to Korey Smith to beat Man Utd in a game televised around the World and shafting the Gas. £300k well spent.

not forgetting his song,one i did join in with